Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
Riddle me this: What kind of 3P do you think she is, that has a dayvig that can't kill town? RF put out a decent theory, which if true means she is absolutely hunting for scum. What else is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote AS

I am concerned about MMT as 3p because of the way she string claimed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

BTW, the string claiming is what makes it clear you're not town. You come out with some new little part of the claim without any regard whatsoever for disclosing this new thing, but you definitely withheld information initially for some reason. That's not how town thinks.

That said, I don't think the role makes sense as scum from what we've seen. Maybe I'm wrong.

:allears: Oh my god merk agrees with me!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

Weird vote on AA with mischaracterizations of posts to try to make the vote look legitimate.
Weird vote on Lando. Forgot about AA I guess?
Weird vote on merk without remorse or recalculation when it's made clear that this vote made no sense.
Lots of banter that looks irrelevant.

That's my read of your game, buddo.

1. Lumpen and MMT had the same sort of feeling I did in the beginning of AA. I cooled on AA after we went back and forth, and he posted more and more. I find him feeling town.

2. Lando seemed like a scumslip, as I said. After the explanation, I dropped it. I'm not convinced either way, and feel Neutral.

3. It was clarified, and I stated my vote on you no longer meant anything.

You're very clearly misrepresenting what happened, and it seems like you are literally just skimming the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

Riddle me this: What kind of 3P do you think she is, that has a dayvig that can't kill town? RF put out a decent theory, which if true means she is absolutely hunting for scum. What else is there?

I have no idea. I could think of a thousand different things. It's day 1 in a game where I have no information about roles other than my own, the n0 action against me, and the mod posts. Trying to riddle about what 3p alignment she could be seems unhelpful, friendo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

I have no idea. I could think of a thousand different things. It's day 1 in a game where I have no information about roles other than my own, the n0 action against me, and the mod posts. Trying to riddle about what 3p alignment she could be seems unhelpful, friendo.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

Did you read any of my cases or just focus on the string claim?

What're your opinions on Lumpen, b-, and Snail?

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

To state my stance, there is some chance that both MMT and Quid are 3P instead of town, yes. MMT is way less likely than Quid, imo, and I also think they're the worst possible lynches today. Why would we intentionally lynch town or a small percent 3P? We should be trying to find scum.

The people who are most worried about 3P are scum, so I'll be keeping a closer eye on you from now on, Merk. I was leaning town on you before but now I'm leaning the other direction.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

Did you read any of my cases or just focus on the string claim?

What're your opinions on Lumpen, b-, and Snail?

I did read them. However, the string claim jumps off the page, friendo.

Lumpen: Don't know - weird he hasn't made a LumpenList. His PR makes him hard to read.
bminus: Don't know.
Snail: Could be scum. His RF vote is the only vote that has any meaning in the game, and he only gave the explanation for it after I forced him to do it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

The people who are most worried about 3P are scum, so I'll be keeping a closer eye on you from now on, Merk. I was leaning town on you before but now I'm leaning the other direction.

Here's a mafia tip: This isn't a scum tell. It's moreso a 3p tell than anything (but I'm not 3p).

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

merk posted:

Here's a mafia tip: This isn't a scum tell. It's moreso a 3p tell than anything (but I'm not 3p).

Thanks, Dad.
##vote Merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

1. Lumpen and MMT had the same sort of feeling I did in the beginning of AA. I cooled on AA after we went back and forth, and he posted more and more. I find him feeling town.

2. Lando seemed like a scumslip, as I said. After the explanation, I dropped it. I'm not convinced either way, and feel Neutral.

3. It was clarified, and I stated my vote on you no longer meant anything.

You're very clearly misrepresenting what happened, and it seems like you are literally just skimming the game.

What exactly did I misrepresent?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

BTW, the string claiming is what makes it clear you're not town. You come out with some new little part of the claim without any regard whatsoever for disclosing this new thing, but you definitely withheld information initially for some reason. That's not how town thinks.

To be clear, is "someone claimed a vig that can kill scum and confirm town, I am concerned about them" how town thinks?

I claimed no bullets because I thought I had seen through a transparent attempt to rolefish me. And I did, it's just not from the person who I originally thought was doing it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

Thanks, Dad.
##vote Merk

I've probably played 400 mafia games. I am an actual dad.

Thanks! Good luck with your vote.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Lando131 posted:

Dead Cow has been flying under my radar and upon rereading him I just realized why. He's said absolutely nothing about who he thinks is scum or town, despite being around to post about flavor and question people about roles. The only potential take he's even had is that B-minus1 has been quiet this game.

I'd really like to hear something with substance from Dead Cow before tomorrow.

I think 50 is going hard on something stupid. I think Merk's push to go after a potential 3P day one is dumb and I don't know what information we would gain from that. What threat is there to town of a brutal cop that can't kill town?

It's an easy lynch for scum to jump on because they don't lose anything from it, and if Merk is wrong about MMT being 3P and MMT is town, then even more beneficial to scum.

What the heck are you doing Merk?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dead Cow posted:

I think 50 is going hard on something stupid. I think Merk's push to go after a potential 3P day one is dumb and I don't know what information we would gain from that. What threat is there to town of a brutal cop that can't kill town?

It's an easy lynch for scum to jump on because they don't lose anything from it, and if Merk is wrong about MMT being 3P and MMT is town, then even more beneficial to scum.

What the heck are you doing Merk?

Stirring up content in a game where it looks like we're going to lazily walk into a lovely d1 lynch.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

I did read them. However, the string claim jumps off the page, friendo.

Lumpen: Don't know - weird he hasn't made a LumpenList. His PR makes him hard to read.
bminus: Don't know.
Snail: Could be scum. His RF vote is the only vote that has any meaning in the game, and he only gave the explanation for it after I forced him to do it.

Yikes.

I'd vote for any of Lumpen, Merk, b-, or Snail.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

Yikes.

I'd vote for any of Lumpen, Merk, b-, or Snail.

What's wrong with any of that?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Well it's a start, I'm glad you're just playing dumb then. Cause if you actually believed this is the best course of action, why, I'd think you'd be off your rocker

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

What exactly did I misrepresent?

quote:

Weird vote on AA with mischaracterizations of posts to try to make the vote look legitimate.
Weird vote on Lando. Forgot about AA I guess?
Weird vote on merk without remorse or recalculation when it's made clear that this vote made no sense.

Wasn't mischaracterizing anything.
I literally said why.
Also literally said why, and flat out told you my vote on you was meaningless after clarifications.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

Stirring up content in a game where it looks like we're going to lazily walk into a lovely d1 lynch.

Me: did you read my cases?
Merk: no

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

This is literally scum merk, btw.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

There's an awful lot of people who aren't around still, for a game that can no longer have B-b-but my weekends as an excuse.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Murmur Twin posted:

Are you implying that town might try to... deceive scum?

Nooooo

That is indeed what I'm implying. Merk doesn't seem to think that's a thing though. Makes me a bit sus on him tbh, like he's trying to get you before you can fire a second shot.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Dead Cow posted:

There's an awful lot of people who aren't around still, for a game that can no longer have B-b-but my weekends as an excuse.

Shut up and make a loving case or something. You're being less than useful.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

Wasn't mischaracterizing anything.
I literally said why.
Also literally said why, and flat out told you my vote on you was meaningless after clarifications.

I think you were. I guess we can agree to disagree?
You didn't explain why you forgot about AA.
You're still voting me. If the vote is """""""moot""""""""", then unvote and vote someone else?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

YOU'RE RIDING A MOOT VOTE!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DON'T YELL AT A DEAD COW WHILE YOU'RE RIDING A MOOT VOTE

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

You're still voting me. If the vote is """""""moot""""""""", then unvote and vote someone else?

Working on that thing I said earlier, and you aren't in danger of being lynched so :shrug:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

DON'T YELL AT A DEAD COW WHILE YOU'RE RIDING A MOOT VOTE

This is loving hilarious coming from you, Mr. I don't read the thread. Mr. I classically tunnel on Dead Cow in every game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

This is loving hilarious coming from you, Mr. I don't read the thread. Mr. I classically tunnel on Dead Cow in every game.

It's a joke, friend. I'm glad you find it hilarious.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I also think Dead Cow is cool because they are also over the whole human vs host flavour debate

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Uh, I did, I said Merk was being terrible. I also made a bit of a case on Lumpen, still no response from him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Gridlocked posted:

That is indeed what I'm implying. Merk doesn't seem to think that's a thing though. Makes me a bit sus on him tbh, like he's trying to get you before you can fire a second shot.

I don't lie about my role when town. I withhold information, at best, but I'll tell you when I'm withholding because it's in town's best interest. Read my post above that Opo quoted. I think MMT purposely withheld information with a purpose and then chose to string claim it with a fake 'eh whatever who cares' vibe about it. That doesn't ring town to me.

I'm willing to let it go today. I know I won't get her lynched (and I don't think she's scum at the moment).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

But I did read them.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

It's a joke, friend. I'm glad you find it hilarious.

ugh I thought the T was bolded too my bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

Because with her ability there's no way she's scum.

I want to correct this real fast. You mean with her claimed ability it doesn't make a lot of sense for her to be scum based on what we know right now.

Town loses when we assume people aren't scum based solely on role. We don't have perfect information. She could be lying (e.g. Faulty Vig?).

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

When MMT claimed she specifically said she didn't want to fullclaim. I'm going to go back and see who the original rolefisher was because that's not cool and untowny.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

When MMT claimed she specifically said she didn't want to fullclaim. I'm going to go back and see who the original rolefisher was because that's not cool and untowny.

So why'd she claim that she has no more shots? The only town justification, which I now agree with after thinking about it more even though I don't do that myself, would be if she's lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

##vote AS

Just the one-shot part or was there some other bit she left out? I wouldn’t have said that in my initial claim either. She only added on when asked to shoot someone else, which she didn’t have to respond to I guess but I don’t really see why you think that’s more 3rd party than town

• Locked thread