Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

Point 4 is the strongest thing so far about why Lumpen might be scum. This was after RF clarified everything that I think anyone wanted to know about the flavor issue. This does look like fake content, unless he just missed the post that RF quotes for him later in the page.

Points 1, 2 and 3 are not anything though.

I'm used to Lumpen posting literally every bit of info about things that affect him without directly quoting. So it feels off to me. He doesn't feel like he's hunting much either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. F! posted:

Hello all,

Who should i read?

You should vote Gridlocked and come back tomorrow.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

The rolefishing alone doesn't really bother me. It's that he's rolefishing instead of scum hunting to try to appear helpful.

I do agree with your view. Sorry for not typing the whole thing out?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

I'm used to Lumpen posting literally every bit of info about things that affect him without directly quoting. So it feels off to me. He doesn't feel like he's hunting much either.

I agree, but I think he's busy which is why I've ignored him mostly.

Lumpen posted:

I generally wait until Page 16, although I was just thinking about it a bit ago while I was vacuuming.
I'd currently put Lumpen, merk, MMT in Totally Town,
DGK, Lando, Tobbs in Tentatively Trustable
everyone else somewhere up or down here
50, Hal, RF in Somewhat Suspicious
AA & Tolly in Supposably Scum

That's not the Lumpen I remember. Dude is barely playing so far.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Mr. F! posted:

Hello all,

Who should i read?

My posts are all masterpieces read em

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I really need to do some work here. The time got away from me. I'll be back way later.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I do not judge lumpen for getting lazy

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

DGK2000 just omgused me while misconstruing my posts about town being hosts and scum being humans. Then they mentioned AA and them bussing each other as if it's why I am suspect of them despite me saying I could see them being same or different alignments.

Just did a pseudo lumpenlist. Has nothing useful.

This is in the same breath he is accusing me of low content.

Yeah this is who I want to vote today.

## vote dgk2000

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

HiipFire posted:

i will be posting yes

Such a masterpiece.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

DGK2000 just omgused me while misconstruing my posts about town being hosts and scum being humans. Then they mentioned AA and them bussing each other as if it's why I am suspect of them despite me saying I could see them being same or different alignments.

## vote dgk2000

You literally just OMGUSed me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

## vote dgk2000

Hey read my posts and stop being useless.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Interesting that at the time of this post you had the same post count as snail (19).

Why is he on your lurker list? Why are you particularly averse to lynching lurkers? People have made a content case on snail, so why are you waving it off as a lurker case?

hey y'all friendos I was v busy today and prob will be tonight too.

I stopped reading around here earlier cause that post was awkward enough that I had feels about it. we should kill b-!

re: whoever asked my opinion on tobbs, tobbs has a thing where he calls me scum in every game we're in together (see: his day 1 joke vote against TIAS saying I'm probably scum). he has been wrong every time so far, but for some reason, actually convinces himself somehow that's it's a sure thing.

can't really condemn him for this because he does it as town as well. as of right now, I feel tobbs is good because has pointed out things I also feel are weird in the last page.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

merk posted:

The rolefishing alone doesn't really bother me. It's that he's rolefishing instead of scum hunting to try to appear helpful.

I'm not trying to appear helpful, I'm trying to get info for myself.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Whaaaat?

People are making a thing out of MMT being a 3p brutal cop?

Is this a thing?

Why is everyone in mafia crazy land in this game?

this is mt favorite post

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

DGK2000 posted:

Such a masterpiece.

im endearing myself to town through posts

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if you called someone out for not posting in over 24 hours, you're a jerk

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

sentimental snail posted:

hey y'all friendos I was v busy today and prob will be tonight too.

I stopped reading around here earlier cause that post was awkward enough that I had feels about it. we should kill b-!

re: whoever asked my opinion on tobbs, tobbs has a thing where he calls me scum in every game we're in together (see: his day 1 joke vote against TIAS saying I'm probably scum). he has been wrong every time so far, but for some reason, actually convinces himself somehow that's it's a sure thing.

can't really condemn him for this because he does it as town as well. as of right now, I feel tobbs is good because has pointed out things I also feel are weird in the last page.

Cool didn't know there was anything specific between you. What do you think about Tobbs opinion of Hiipfire?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

To be clear, is "someone claimed a vig that can kill scum and confirm town, I am concerned about them" how town thinks?

I claimed no bullets because I thought I had seen through a transparent attempt to rolefish me. And I did, it's just not from the person who I originally thought was doing it.

hey friend I dunno if you're reading the same flavor as me but I don't see anything about your role being confirmed except you have a gun that works in the day, maybe

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

AA and DGK.

Gridlocked isn't a horrible choice either.

Again, I'm not sure I follow your case on me. I can see the case on DGK. They've pressed people decently, but I haven't seen a pattern of real conviction.

Admittedly I'm still getting caught up from posts that happened while working, but I'm curious here.

The case on gridlocked is good, HiipFire is lurking but that's nothing new.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey if you guys have a problem with me u better be able to take a beating

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey stupid question but getting the wiki on my phone is hard:

is it most votes at the end of the day is a lynch or do you need the majority everytime?

Yes I understand this is is a basic rules question but I can't remember.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Majority

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sentimental snail posted:

hey friend I dunno if you're reading the same flavor as me but I don't see anything about your role being confirmed except you have a gun that works in the day, maybe

...Really?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Thanks.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Mr. F! posted:

Hello all,

Who should i read?

Hey can you take a look at Merk and see if he's being scummy or if this is just him being weird

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im gonna sleep maybe tomorrow ill have strong convictions or maybe ill ride my dgk vote till the deadline who knows you guys have fun justposting

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
mmt and dgk are my susssss’s’es rn tho

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

DGK2000 posted:

...Really?

if you have something more concrete about the setup than the flavor in that post, you're welcome to share it

otherwise, until her alignment has been confirmed, I'm not accepting her word that she is confirmed, yes

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Oh I see HiipFire is just a lurky shitposter in a game where the admin asked us not to lurk. Got it. Maybe he'll come out D4 or something with some spicy reads because people like this never seem to get lynched regardless of alignment without some kind of investigation.

Hope you're right about this guy, Tobbs.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

Oh I see HiipFire is just a lurky shitposter in a game where the admin asked us not to lurk. Got it. Maybe he'll come out D4 or something with some spicy reads because people like this never seem to get lynched regardless of alignment without some kind of investigation.

Hope you're right about this guy, Tobbs.

:)

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

For what it's worth I was asking Snail about Tobbs because I wanted to see his reaction to Tobbs complete surety on that guy when snail previously stated he never trusts solid reads day 1.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DGK2000 posted:

Tobbs Scummy

P.much claimed rolecop
Said he'd vote for... lurkers pretty much. Doesn't seem to have many reads.

I'm not a rolecop. Where are you getting this?

Most people are posting opinions, apart from flerp and Mr. F (as yet). Oh hey, I'm not pushing them, am I?

Town reads on Tolly, MMT, Hiipfire, Quid.

Scum reads on SS, AS, b-minus1.

Everyone else is largely floating in the aether, and includes most of the high-content (or volume) posters.

I wonder why you single me out as scummy if you're not going to read my post history, and instead make stuff up without supporting it?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Nothing glaring is sticking out at me w/r/t Merk.

What are you seeing there?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

Nothing glaring is sticking out at me w/r/t Merk.

What are you seeing there?

This was @Deadcow obviously

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I could see it being Gridlocked.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mr. F! posted:

I could see it being Gridlocked.

Honestly that is fair. I can understand openly fishing for role info is bery scummy.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not a rolecop. Where are you getting this?
I wonder why you single me out as scummy if you're not going to read my post history, and instead make stuff up without supporting it?

quote:

I'm forbidden from explicitly confirming certain things, but let's just say I wouldn't hammer hiipfire even to avoid a no-lynch.

That reads to me like a softclaim.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

The reading comprehension of participants in this thread sucks. I of course include myself for missing RF's flavor explanation earlier.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DGK2000 posted:

That reads to me like a softclaim.

Of rolecop? Seems a weird conclusion to draw. I'm happy to confirm that I'm not a rolecop if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Of rolecop? Seems a weird conclusion to draw. I'm happy to confirm that I'm not a rolecop if that helps.

i believe you and also think it's strange that people are questioning this so much

• Locked thread