Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

(source)
The Uruchi have lived under the sea for as long as they know. Millennia ago their ancestors built vast structures into sea walls and canyons; these cities have special machines that make potable water and breathable air, while geothermal reactors buried far underground provide more than enough energy to power them. The Uruchi harvest seaweed and kelp from underwater forests, raise fish and clams using advanced aquaculture, and mine iron and copper and gemstones from ancient caves on the ocean floor. On the occasions they've sent their ships topside they've found nothing but a limitless ocean, extending beyond the horizon in a beautiful cerulean expanse.
There are seventeen cities, towns, and villages the Uruchi call home, but the greatest of them is Gaqqu - or in Arrentish, "Big Stone." It's there that leaders and representatives from each tribe meet once a year to exchange news, discuss trade deals, resolve disputes, and pay fealty to the Ma'jaruna - their monarch. These moots are generally very pleasant, since the Uruchi live in a world of plenty: they have bountiful food and energy; the borders between tribes are set in stone as they don't have the knowledge to build new settlements; their social structure is fair, liberties are enshrined in various constitutions, and countless generations of peace have made relations between tribes exceptionally genial.
But, as it happens so often in stories like this, something changed. During the Moot of the Fifteenth Year of the Reign of Ma'jaruna Ibis IV, the lights started to flicker, and then turned off entirely. A few seconds later they turned on, though much dimmer than before, and an ancient message began broadcasting throughout Gaqqu. "Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 25 cycles. Immediate attention is required." The message then repeated, ad infinitum.
The chambers for the moot became frenzied. What does this message mean? None of the Uruchi knew how the reactor worked, certainly not enough to fix it. They turned to their Ma'jaruna for help, but she was just as frightened. She knew more than most though - she told them that the reactors are located deep in the vaults of Gaqqu. They can only be reached by a special, high-pressure submarine, which she had been using as a storage closet. She didn't know how to fix the reactors, or even where to begin to find out how, but as long as they stick together, they can solve this crisis and --
A few seconds later an explosion ripped through the hull of Gaqqu. Water flooded into the moot's chambers. Only twenty-one members of the moot managed to escape; the rest, including Ibis, were smashed by the rushing water or drowned beneath the waves. As the survivors caught their breath, the adrenaline left their systems and their minds cleared. Where did that explosion come from?
"From inside the chamber," one of the survivors said. A few agreed with him. "I didn't see who," he continued, "but, it came from someone. A fireball, shot from someone's hands, right into the ceiling. Shattered the awning and collapsed the whole chamber." The shaken men and women still weren't sure exactly what had happened, but the more they shared stories about what they saw, the clearer it became. Someone had attacked them, someone within the moot, someone they all knew and trusted, and that that someone might still be alive, waiting to strike and finish the job.
Two horrible truths were learned that day. Firstly, that their lives would never be the same again until they found the monsters responsible for this attack and brought them to justice. And secondly, that, apparently, magick fire
can melt steel beams.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! It's been a while. This is a 21 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. Votebot finally supports this functionality, and so there should rarely be a discrepancy between my counts and its. I may even stop doing hand counts entirely; how strange would that be? O brave new world that has such machines in't.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider it!

One last note: if you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

Current Phase: ENDGAME
:h: n / a
:d: n / a

Player List:
1) Atomic Soda
2) b-minus1
3) Birdstrike
4) BottleKnight
5) bowmore King Burgundy
6) chaoslord
7) Deadbeat Dad
8) Dick Bastardly
9) flerp
10) Gridlocked
11) Hal Incandenza
12) IllegallySober
13) LupusAter
14) Max
15) Moatillata
16) Monathin
17) Mr. F!
18) Murmur Twin
19) SalTheBard
20) sentimental snail
21) TMMadman

Replacements:
- Fitty
- chores

==============

Day 1: IllegallySober, Iwaka, Rogue Horror (scum-aligned busdriver), executed.
Night 1: King Burgundy, Gahoku, Master of Ceremonies (town-aligned cop), died. Max, Ino, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 2: Mr F, Kelis, Guard (town-aligned roleblocker), executed.
Night 2: chaoslord, Anui'anu, Urchin (town-aligned hider), died. Murmur Twin, Kirikaw, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 3: TMMadman, Pisok, Fighting Horror (scum-aligned loud juggernaut), executed.
Night 3: Monathin, Mandu, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 4: bottleknight, Ui'afol, Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop), executed.
Night 4: Atomic Soda, Gapa Punic, Captain (town-aligned tracker), died. Dick Bastardly, Tupoua, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 5: SalTheBard, Nagapu, Horror (scum-aligned goon), executed.
Night 5: Deadbeat Dad, Loau, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died. Birdstrike, Kumule, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 6: Hal Incandenza, Senhir, Magick Horror (scum-aligned inventor), executed.

:toot:
TOWN VICTORY
GAME OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 27, 2018

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This is just the thing to drive me insaner before riven.

I’ll do it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ecco posted:

And secondly, that, apparently, magick fire can melt steel beams

Aaaaaand I sign up

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Samurai Mafia is wrapping up so put me in, coach.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
aw man i'm in two already, put me in as a replacement i'd love to play an ecco game again

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi Ecco!

(not a sign up)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is a sign up.

Oh you want info. I have PM's. Sometimes I hang out with Podima because he is cool and good.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Looking forward to an Ecco game, it's been a while. Replacement list, please :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

The Aquiline Conspiracy has reached a bloody climax (ASSASSIN VICTORY). Congrats to the victor(s).

Also, I did not need another reminder of my poor choice as kingmaker in LYLO :(

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I felt bad at the end of that game because I was with gulag and was fairly certain Sam was the final scum. But I was also asking for Sam to NK me so I figured I would only argue the point if I was rudely kept alive.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

I felt bad at the end of that game because I was with gulag and was fairly certain Sam was the final scum. But I was also asking for Sam to NK me so I figured I would only argue the point if I was rudely kept alive.

Eh, it's all good. That was the first time I was in that situation. I'll learn :)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I personally love lylo since it feels like the entire culmination of the game, but I have certainly hosed it up more times than I would like to admit.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sign me up

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

bowmore posted:

Hi Ecco!

hi bowm--

bowmore posted:

(not a sign up)

BLOCKED.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I suck, sorry in advance.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I'm in.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ecco

Hi

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello this is a game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if we don't get more signups by tomorrow night I'm gonna throw it in. ask your friends!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I’m ready to play some mafia.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Perhaps the real grieving is that the game won't fill

Makes u think

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if it doesn’t fill I may have to create a spin-off called the ‘ganking of goku’

i might even have to do that anyway

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

if we don't get more signups by tomorrow night I'm gonna throw it in. ask your friends!

I'll convert my replacement list request into an actual slot for now if it helps us fill. :)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

I'll convert my replacement list request into an actual slot for now if it helps us fill. :)

me too

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
more people need to sign up to this ecco games are great

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

if it doesn’t fill I may have to create a spin-off called the ‘ganking of goku’

i might even have to do that anyway

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I was hoping to shame you into a signup

:hellyeah:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

I was hoping to shame you into a signup

:hellyeah:

haha maybe this time moat, maybe this time we'll both be town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

im proud that you learned to shun .gifv

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

im proud that you learned to shun .gifv

You're not my dad

:glomp:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

haha maybe this time moat, maybe this time we'll both be town.

Or both scum, I'm not picky

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Winning as town in an ecco game is an actual accomplishment

Let's get some tryhards itt

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Atomic Soda posted:

more people need to sign up to this ecco games are great

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll create an alt account and play as two different players if you want.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KB is clearly my alt.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ecco game :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Winning as town in an ecco game is an actual accomplishment

okay so 1) towns in most ecco games, and 2) I just noticed tonight is westworld's deadline so hopefully their dead join us.

hooray!

• Locked thread