Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Alright taking a stab at it

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Spooner-Hayes-Zucc
Vesey-Namestnikov-Fast
Carey-Desharnais-Lettieri

Staal-DeAngelo
Skjei-Pionk
O'Gara-Gilmour

Fairly confident the forwards will look something like that, the D is more unsettled. Skjei or Staal could swap partners, and they're missing a righty in the lineup unless they call up someone else but there isn't much in Hartford at the moment.

Doubt we'll see Chytil or Andersson up any time soon since the roster is pretty full of players with at least some NHL experience. Maybe at the end for just a taste.

There's some amount of "the top two lines have talent but need to be able to produce with it, the third line looks grindy but can pop in some goals, and the fourth line is mostly blah but can surprise you sometimes".

IMO they could really use some talent stepping in next season like Chytil, Andersson, or Howden, to help get some more depth in the lineup. On defense going forward I don't think there's much else for next season barring more trades or signings. Shattenkirk will be back, they'll hope Skjei can straighten himself out, etc. Most of the guys they picked up aren't going to be pushing for a spot for another year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

i am the bird posted:

It’s been one of those longstanding rumors in Detroit and someone in the deadline thread said Nyquist chose not to waive the NTC, but I see now that it’s bullshit only being reported by Jeff Moss, who is a total loving boner who has “sources” that are never correct. He’s the same idiot who said Zetterberg vetoed a mom’s trip (including XO’s dying mother) in favor of bringing his friend on the dad’s trip.

Chevy pretty much said that they were putting all there chips in on Stastny when they learned he was available a few days ago. Also seemed genuinely amused about an unsaid rumour for a player that they were reported to be in on which he said they were never really seriously interested in. My guess is Brassard for that one. But yeah that Nyquist rumour is definitely crap. Apparently Wheeler talked to Stastny last night to talk him into waiving his NMC

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Didn't Wheeler and Stastny play together in Sochi?

(and during the lockout apparently)

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah Wheeler seemed super pumped to get Stastny. I'm assuming any rumor involving the Jets is leaked by the other team in order to drive up prices. The Jets don't leak anything. Talking about Stastny, Chevy seemed to indicate that they are particularly tight lipped about players with NTC or NMC. Seemed like he was saying they don't like to make it public that a player is the one to stop a trade because that could leave them open to criticism

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a false posted:

there's like, no chance vigneault is back next year right?

right?

well if you use the coyotes strategy then he comes back as a coach/VP of hockey and then in 2020 you will have some boy genius and mike keenan

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I'd like to remind everyone that tanking is both fun and profitable.

Unless you're the Oilers in which case it's natural.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It's gonna be one of Those Games in Columbus.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWWXLpHdGI ???

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

CBJSprague24 posted:

You mean where Washingto plays like rear end, I get angry at my TV, and wish that Orpik would retire and move far away from all hockey rinks?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gunjin posted:

You mean where Washingto plays like rear end, I get angry at my TV, and wish that Orpik would retire and move far away from all hockey rinks?

I actually meant the shooting gallery both teams put up like the last time I came with my brother. This is, uh...:stare:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Ken "rebuilds take 8 years" Holland traded for a 3rd round pick 4 drafts from now

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I literally loled for a solid 30 seconds when i first saw the vanek trade

that's a good deal for TB. i feel like mcd has been on a decline and he doesn't really scare me as a #1D these days, but boy is TB gonna have some tough D depth, will be fun to watch the pens eventually dismantle it

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

I literally loled for a solid 30 seconds when i first saw the vanek trade

Same, except it was that mock laughter after you embarrass yourself in a really obvious way and you try to pretend that you were joking and going along with it but everyone knows and you're trying to not let it show on your face and you just end up laughing a bit too long and everyone gets uncomfortable.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

anyone still cheering on the Canucks is a masochist. the pain will only end when you let it

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

Same, except it was that mock laughter after you embarrass yourself in a really obvious way and you try to pretend that you were joking and going along with it but everyone knows and you're trying to not let it show on your face and you just end up laughing a bit too long and everyone gets uncomfortable.

love that you winded up with basically the same av that verviticus got a few years ago

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's now a video accompanying the Blue Jackets hat trick display which shows all the home hat tricks in franchise history.

Mind you, I only started watching in 2005, but holy crap were some of the goalies they scored on in the early 2000s Bad.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

anyone still cheering on the Canucks is a masochist. the pain will only end when you let it

exhibit Z-389:
https://twitter.com/PG_Canuck/status/968264133542998017

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

being a canucks fan must be uh, really bad

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aye Doc posted:

you cheer for the fancy cats, don't talk to me about teams making the right moves

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JawKnee posted:

you cheer for the fancy cats, don't talk to me about teams making the right moves

i've stopped watching hockey altogether. it is the only way to be free of the sorrow.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks are not rebuilding. They have made one rebuilding move ever. This is a bunch of idiots who think they're managing a playoff team if not for some tough luck.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Good lord when I see it like that. That's a kick in the nuts for CAS.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I like how the red wings are included on that list for their bevy of *checks notes* 5th round picks

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I like how the red wings are included on that list for their bevy of *checks notes* 5th round picks

Was the Tomas Tatar return not good enough for you?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I took a nap at 3 p.m.

Did Columbus trade the entire team during my nap? Because I like this team better.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
I was promised a karlsson but all I got was a kane

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

Was the Tomas Tatar return not good enough for you?

He gave away Tatar for free when you consider the combined return he didn't get for Green and what he left on the table for Vanek, but I'm sure that 2021 3rd will be a solid 4th line Michigander in 2026

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Hey the Capitals were blown out again by a mediocre team and it could have been worse than 5-1.

There’s no deadline for hiring new coaches right? Fire Trotz. Replace him with like Daryl Sutter or some poo poo I don’t care.

Also my Stanley Cup this year is Ovie hitting 50 goals and winning the Rocket.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I wonder how caucksfanmacheesmo is doing lately

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 minutes!
At least Benning didn't get an extension. Or resigned Gudbranson. Or remembered to breath this morning. Right?

Riiiigghhhtt?

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 minutes!
At this point I'm not sure who is more hilarious, HODLers or Benning true believers.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

nature6pk posted:

At this point I'm not sure who is more hilarious, HODLers or Benning true believers.

That Venn diagram is just a circle dude

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kucherov and Tyler Johnson both hurt in tonight's Lightning game, good grief.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Teemu Pokemon posted:

He gave away Tatar for free when you consider the combined return he didn't get for Green and what he left on the table for Vanek, but I'm sure that 2021 3rd will be a solid 4th line Michigander in 2026

Well, that’s dumb and not how trading works, but okay.

Vanek’s last couple years:
Bought out by Minnesota
Signed by Detroit, a non-playoff team
Traded for a 3rd and Dylan McIlrath
Signed by Vancouver, a non-playoff team
Traded for old newspapers previously stuck to the bottom of a birdcage

Vanek is clearly not a valued commodity in this league.

Holland should’ve traded Green a month ago, though, for sure.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Mind_Taker posted:

Hey the Capitals were blown out again by a mediocre team and it could have been worse than 5-1.

There’s no deadline for hiring new coaches right? Fire Trotz. Replace him with like Daryl Sutter or some poo poo I don’t care.

Also my Stanley Cup this year is Ovie hitting 50 goals and winning the Rocket.

Christ, I just realized, did we really make it past the trade deadline without a head coach getting fired?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NHLBlinn/status/968321988950413312

I legit don't remember ever seeing that kind of emotion out of him in NY.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Petr Mrazek and Charlie Lindgren just put on a goaltending performance for the ages in the Flyers/Habs OT

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

i've stopped watching hockey altogether. it is the only way to be free of the sorrow.

same :hfive:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BroadStHockey/status/968326219098882049?s=19

Noothinnngg makes seennnssse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Fire Trotz. Nobody plays man-man anymore, especially when you have all Euro forwards.

• Locked thread