Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Romans promo was bleh, Raw was bleh, Wrestlemania is going to be bleh but stockholm syndromers will claim it was the best Wrestlemania theyve ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
So I watched roman's promo.

He flayed his arms a bunch. And growled. And then went to the back to receive his punishment like the badass he is.

Roman reigns needs to start coming out with a tin of dog food and shovel it into his mouth on the mic. No words. Just that.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Why is there a photo of a homeless old man in the WWE thread

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Trip Larsen posted:

Roman’s promo was Very Good, and I say that as someone who is usually bored to tears whenever he’s talking or in the ring. I don’t know what more you guys want from him here. Maybe the content of the promo wasn’t 100% in line with what we know is actually going on backstage, but Roman managed to get me to believe he was legitimately pissed off at Brock’s arrogance.
Most people here want him to get involved in a steroid scandal that ruins his career/gets him fired. That and I'm sure one person probably wants him to have a career ending injury.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
good things about raw:

1) the sasha/bayley dynamic is great and i'm interested
2) seth/finn/miz for ic title will own
3) elias is still good
4) brock lesnar, who sucks, was not there
5) the camera guy that kept ronda rousey off my screen for 10 seconds

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think a lot of people are just permanently over Roman after so much terrible booking, even if he's gotten a lot more fun to watch since around the cena feud or shield reunion and even gotten kinda over.

I love a good underdog story, so seeing someone who is basically the icon of terrible wwe booking in the eyes of the fans manage to salvage years of poo poo and get somewhat over as a polarizing champ has been really enjoyable for me. It's either that or be angry at wrestling again, so I just settled in for the ride.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I don't watch the product week in week out like others, however I am genuinely stunned this will be the fourth Mania in a row that Roman Reigns has headlined, and they're still committed to rinsing that "moment" for him out of whichever poor city holds the event. What the gently caress are they gonna do next year?!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

I don't watch the product week in week out like others, however I am genuinely stunned this will be the fourth Mania in a row that Roman Reigns has headlined, and they're still committed to rinsing that "moment" for him out of whichever poor city holds the event. What the gently caress are they gonna do next year?!

He'll headline again, retain the belt he won at this one, and "retire" John Cena until they go back on that too

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Just give Roman the drat strawberry jam belt. Our response to Seth Rollins winning at WM31 should teach us all a lesson about procrastination and passive aggressiveness. When you see pain is coming, don't run from it until you're forced to face it, just get it over with.

Rarity posted:

Interesting that they're setting up Finn for an IC match with Miz/Seth when he's also going to be facing Brock Lesnar. Double duty at Wrestlemania, they must really believe in him

I don't know how long you can keep this up but if it's for over a month I'll worry about your mental health.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Wait did WWE *actually* advertise Brock for the show knowing full well he wouldn't be there to get some cheap babyface pops for the big dog?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
#MAGA

Also - I'm mildly surprised Finn has been able to recover after that awful feud with Bray

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Wait did WWE *actually* advertise Brock for the show knowing full well he wouldn't be there to get some cheap babyface pops for the big dog?

Yes

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Between this and the "pay $400 to watch raw 25 on one big screen TV in the manhattan center" incident, WWE is really building up a lot of goodwill with its live events.

Also WWE's lawyers should probably tell Vince that working fans by lying about what they're paying for might run afoul of state consumer protection laws. I have no clue what Nevada's state consumer protection statutes are like, but if they tried to do that in a state with super aggressive consumer protection statutes (like Massachusetts or somewhere) they would have an actual issue.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 27, 2018

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Card subject to change.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The build to WrestleMania 32 and Roman's ridiculous push killed my interest in WWE. The draft and subsequent greatness that was Smackdown Live brought me back, but it was too beautiful for this world and I gave up on Smackdown about a month ago.

I still check the results every so often, to see if there's anything to bring me back. Roman main events Mania again? I'm good, I'll sit this out for another year or so.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There was nothing really shoot about Roman's promo at all, worked or otherwise.

You don't need to be an angry internet fan to notice Brock doesn't show up very often.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Card subject to change.

Consumer protection statutes are so broad in some places this might not matter that much (e.g. any unfair or deceptive act or practice), especially since WWE knew Brock wouldn't be there in the first place.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Roman Reigns is a C+ speaker who gave an A- promo.

Reigns has everything needed to be a main event talent...he just shouldn't be THE main event talent.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Professor Funk posted:

Also WWE's lawyers should probably tell Vince that working fans by lying about what they're paying for might run afoul of state consumer protection laws. I have no clue what Nevada's state consumer protection statutes are like, but if they tried to do that in a state with super aggressive consumer protection statutes (like Massachusetts or somewhere) they would have an actual issue.

How dare they deprive those people of seeing Brock stand in the ring while Heyman talks.

Unless he was advertised in a match, nobody gives a gently caress.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Unless he was advertised in a match, nobody gives a gently caress.

never underestimate peoples ability to be really litigious over things that don't matter all that much

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really hope Cena goes to Smackdown and gets pulled down into the endless quicksand of the Shane vs Bryan storyline. I could see Cena and Shane vs KOSZ at mania as Cena tries to get his evil villainous brother in law to see reason

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
ignoring the worked shoot aspect and trying to be edgy I liked Romans promo because it sets up the feud as something other than "can Roman overcome the odds for the ten thousandth time"

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
It's just the same poo poo he was saying about Cena so I can't possibly care.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ignoring the worked shoot aspect and trying to be edgy I liked Romans promo because it sets up the feud as something other than "can Roman overcome the odds for the ten thousandth time"

I mean

if it were AJ Styles or Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan or any of the guys who have scrapped and struggled to get here it would have a lot more meaning than "big guy with family connections who is handed everything" guy.

Reigns isn't all that much more legit than Brock

Hell, give that promo to the Miz and he would have annihilated it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

both are true:

1) i'd rather this angle take this direction than "can the big dog overcome the odds and slay the beast"

2) it's still trash

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
serious question is "The Big Dog" the worst nickname to ever try and get over in all of WWE history

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

serious question is "The Big Dog" the worst nickname to ever try and get over in all of WWE history
Does THE ASSKICKER count?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Light years ahead of The Asskicker

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I liked Roman's promo. He can actually cut a decent one when not saddled with MAGIC BEANS

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

As someone fairly new to Roman I liked the promo and it was the first time I have cared about something he said.

I did think the whole "I'm going to get in trouble for saying this" part was unnecessary though. If hes The Guy he shouldnt have to tell us the boss is gonna be mad at him for speaking his mind. Just straight up be pissed.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Only because he stole it from Glenn Robinson :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wezlar posted:

I did think the whole "I'm going to get in trouble for saying this" part was unnecessary though. If hes The Guy he shouldnt have to tell us the boss is gonna be mad at him for speaking his mind. Just straight up be pissed.

how else could everyone know if was a "shoot"

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I can't wait to watch roman beat brock.

the portion of the wm31 match they had before Seth cashed in was good

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
We've had Roman as the silent badass, the smarmy Rock Lite type, the ruthless aggression style face, and now a shoot promo. Part of why its so hard to buy into him is because he's had such inconsistent character.

If only there was some sort of developmental fed, where the WWE could plan their wrestlers' NXT steps.

Nah, that'd never catch on.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Listening to WOR it looks like Brock was held of TV at last minute decision and could be some heat there due to the UFC stuff. Brock/.Roman truly is the most cursed match .

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Honestly the best possible gimmick for him would be something like what Brock has

Silent, smug, letting someone else do the talking.

Hell if Brock is going back to UFC have Heyman switch sides and be Romans manager going forward

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I can't wait to watch roman beat brock.

the portion of the wm31 match they had before Seth cashed in was good

I hope they just let them beat and throw the crap out of each other like last time. It should just be a total bomb-fest.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hell if Brock is going back to UFC have Heyman switch sides and be Romans manager going forward

Please god no

I'm as sick of the same Heyman promos as I am of Brock at this point. Giving him a big dog to talk about instead of a beast will change nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

When can I get a shirt with Roman's catchphrase "Bitch"?

• Locked thread