Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m very not-a-fan of how you keep acknowledging people (lumpen and DC) are doing scummy things but then coming up with some out-of-game reason not to show suspicion or apply pressure.

I'd vote DC, friend. I didn't mean to say that I wouldn't.

I probably wouldn't vote Lumpen as a primary candidate now, but I'm leaning more scummy than townie on him. That is, I'd vote him at deadline over a lot of other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

merk posted:

Do you still believe in this vote, guy?

yes. I'm all for jumping on people pushing bad cases d1 (and have done so to mmt in particular in the past), but I'm still comfortable with an rf vote given his responses. I thought he gave enough reasoning after the fact, but I don't believe he went into his decision with all of that in mind. that said, it's not gonna happen today and I don't think there is any need to push it further right now

Tolly Totes posted:

Why are you talking to me?

kinda wanna vote you for this post though

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Hot TakesStand by what I said on Snail which is Stick Up?

correct! :murder:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Assume any of my posts in the next few hours are phoneposts.

What are people’s thoughts on Dead Cows? The post (s)he made throwing shade on AA for changing his mind on me seems like it couldn’t possibly have come from town.

Yeah it does seem like AA's post she quoted was the sort you'd pick out as scum as a starting point for making a throwaway case to appear engaged. It's not like AA's response would even be very revealing about his alignment

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

merk posted:

I probably wouldn't vote Lumpen as a primary candidate now, but I'm leaning more scummy than townie on him. That is, I'd vote him at deadline over a lot of other people.

this is pretty much how I feel about rf!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m mostly skimming for now but will fine-toothed comb it later and give a better reply.

My gut reaction is that it doesn’t mean much because I think you’re scum together, so the fact that Lumpens excuse is what you thought it would be isn’t hugely convincing to me. That said I’m trying to keep an open mind.

Meek has barely tried with his PR and keeps complaining about it, I don’t buy it as him making that up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

If it's not too much trouble, perhaps you would like to take a look at this classic even though it's no good...

Lumpen's Infallible Scumtellidex
    That Reveals Scums Every Time
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• lurking
  • lying
  • excusing oneself from the thread "I won't be here for X time I have to X"
  • excusing oneself from deadline "I won't be here for deadline so I might as well ##vote: XXX"
  • mysteriously not being around for deadline without explanation
  • awkwardly defending people
  • emptyposting irrelevant content or general mafia tips
  • rephrasing the ideas of others
  • asking questions of players rather than putting forth opinions
  • hedging by arguing for both sides of an issue
  • reluctance to give concrete suspicions
  • linguistic slipups
  • overdefensiveness
  • overemotionality
  • sucking up
  • voting on someone other than the lynch-leaders close to deadline
  • ending the day with no vote
  • promising "more later" about something and then never getting back to it
  • self-imposed gimmicky post restrictions
  • third or fourth vote on a d1 bandwagon
  • hammering (depending on timing, but especially if it cuts off a claim opportunity)

This list is incredibly long and some part of it could probably almost every player at some point in every game.

Lumpen, I'm trying to look past your PR and look for you casing people like I know you do as town and I am having a hard time finding much other than a little on Tolly, am I missing something? You seem to be more of your distracting scum Lumpen to me this game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sentimental snail posted:

this is pretty much how I feel about rf!

I’m stil, your number one pick, despite everything else that’s happened and the fact that your mini case on me is entirely incorrect?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess you did sorta case AA as well Lumpen but it was a pretty limp "too self-conscious" without any real follow up that I can see

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

kinda wanna vote you for this post though

Specifically because Lumpen earlier said he would not answer questions from people he thought were Mafia

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

This list is incredibly long and some part of it could probably almost every player at some point in every game.

Lumpen, I'm trying to look past your PR and look for you casing people like I know you do as town and I am having a hard time finding much other than a little on Tolly, am I missing something? You seem to be more of your distracting scum Lumpen to me this game.
Hal, I'm pretty sure you've seen the Scumtellidex before several times. I'm proud to debut a new final bullet point, by the way!
Here it is:
  • arguing about Lumpen’s Infallible Scumtellidex That Catches Scum Every Time

If you're being sincere in this critique of saying I'm "distancing", then please state who you think am I "distancing" from? I would expect you could say Tolly or AA based on my posts, maybe Atomic Soda. I will make a pact with you to vote your choice (or anyone in my Supposably Scummy spots, for that matter) with you and ride it as far as you do. Your critique strikes me as insincere though, I have to say.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m stil, your number one pick, despite everything else that’s happened and the fact that your mini case on me is entirely incorrect?

I like the intentionally obtuse reply that you're hoping will color other poster's opinions of me, but that is not what the post I quoted says. it says, exactly, these words: I probably wouldn't vote [Retro Futurist] as a primary candidate now, but I'm leaning more scummy than townie on him

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I think the manner in which RF brought up and carried out his "human in the show but Host-Aligned" stuff was something that a Human-aligned player would not have done, and so that counts in RF's favor with me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't think Lumpen is an ill-intentioned player here. His play looks like the limited experience I've had with them in the past.

I think Lumpen is putting down a lot of noise, but he doesn't seem to be trying to obfuscate the current play and his reads come across as sincere even if they are weak, IMO.

Where as Gridlocked looks to be a momentum rider who really hasn't been following the thread too closely for developing cases.

##vote Gridlocked

Would vote Snail if there's enough there for that.

DC is also kind of strange, but I'm in the air about DC.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Lumpen posted:

I think the manner in which RF brought up and carried out his "human in the show but Host-Aligned" stuff was something that a Human-aligned player would not have done, and so that counts in RF's favor with me.

I did consider this as well, but a non-town player, expecting some members of the town to know already as well, could very well give that information up early on for town cred

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Here are my reads collected in one place for you, I've got no desire to do the song and dance of a list under a threat.

Tolly Totes posted:

I’d vote DGK or Lumpen. I’d also vote somebody who isn’t posting.

Tolly Totes posted:

Guys I strongly feel Lando is town, MMT and Quid as well. Tobbs and Hiipfire I've still got weird feelings about but they're other people that I* have enough town feelings toward that I wouldn't vote.

I'm not sure about Merk, I spent the last game going hard against him and I'm reluctant to immediately jump back in against him.
*words left out in original post

Tolly Totes posted:

He's deliberately posting short sentences. I don't know if this a Hemingway like effort to be as efficient as possible, but he hasn't claimed a Funny Talk.

His vote on b-minus is one I disagree with but it was a while ago so it doesn't hold much sway for me.

His defence to being compared with Mr F! is bad because he misreads the implications and rushes in to make his longest two posts in the thread to explain that somebody has posted less content than him.

Posting a votecount while saying nothing is maybe self aware at this point.

I actually don't like this. It's hard to read anything particular from the very short posts, but he said he was going to do that before the game so I can't hold the shortness of the posts against him, but I do think his extreme reaction to the Mr. F comparison is fishy enough for a vote. That's basically the only thing of substance in there, so I do think he's a good mafia candidate for now

I guess I never mentioned it in thread but I also don't really see a good vote on RF or AA. I haven't looked at Snail yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Hal, I'm pretty sure you've seen the Scumtellidex before several times. I'm proud to debut a new final bullet point, by the way!
Here it is:
  • arguing about Lumpen’s Infallible Scumtellidex That Catches Scum Every Time

If you're being sincere in this critique of saying I'm "distancing", then please state who you think am I "distancing" from? I would expect you could say Tolly or AA based on my posts, maybe Atomic Soda. I will make a pact with you to vote your choice (or anyone in my Supposably Scummy spots, for that matter) with you and ride it as far as you do. Your critique strikes me as insincere though, I have to say.

I actually said DISTRACTING not distancing. Like distracting me with your scumidex and your misreads of what I said rather than overpowering me with your autistic casing...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't think Lumpen is an ill-intentioned player here. His play looks like the limited experience I've had with them in the past.

I think Lumpen is putting down a lot of noise, but he doesn't seem to be trying to obfuscate the current play and his reads come across as sincere even if they are weak, IMO.

Where as Gridlocked looks to be a momentum rider who really hasn't been following the thread too closely for developing cases.

##vote Gridlocked

Would vote Snail if there's enough there for that.

DC is also kind of strange, but I'm in the air about DC.

Yeah ok I would vote this guy for this weak post ##vote AA

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm gonna try an experiment

re: whoever asked my opinion on tobbs, tobbs has a thing where he calls me scum in every game we're in together (see: his day 1 joke vote against TIAS saying I'm probably scum). he has been wrong every time so far, but for some reason, actually convinces himself somehow that's it's a sure thing.

can't really condemn him for this because he does it as town as well. as of right now, I feel tobbs is good because has pointed out things I also feel are weird in the last page.

tobbs, I'm surprised you didn't give me a quip in response to this. please acknowledge my feelings, and reply in the thread

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah ok I would vote this guy for this weak post ##vote AA

What about that one post specifically when I've addressed the points on there previously?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not fully caught up, but know that the number of people that think I'm suspicious for lurking but are giving Mr. F a pass is hilarious to me. I guess my new meta should be not posting at all in future games? You are trying to turn me into what I hate most and it is really really funny.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

What about that one post specifically when I've addressed the points on there previously?

I mean there seems to be no consensus in the thread, so what specifically about me wanting to vote Gridlocked for their bad disconnected vote is weak?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gridlocked posted:

I trust MMT and Quid as Town due to MMT day action.

Lando is trying in earnest which makes me think he is also Town.

I'd like to see a real LumpenList in the future.

I don't wanna vote for Merk while he's voting for me because it seems like I'd just be getting into a poo poo slinging match. But he's barking up the wrong tree chasing me.

Frankly I still feel my current vote on AA is on someone who saw an easy hand and played it.

B- is not someone I've seen enough of to have a real gauge beyond generally participating. Same with snail.

Dancer is similar but more active.

50 was really into flavor debate which was a bit distracting, but it confused me too so I can't be a hypocrite.

Tolly had some back and fort with Tobbs early that caught my eye but I'm happy to assume that was standard long term player throwing poo poo at a wall tactics.

Everyone else are names I've not seen enough.

This was a whole lot of words to establish that he's only willing to vote for AA? I'm really not clear on who he actually thinks is scum if it is not just AA from this post.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Mostly my thing with Lumpen is trying to figure out if all these stiff yet inconsistent maxims he follows and tries to badger others into following are like, a real thing

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Gridlocked posted:

I support this logic.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Hanging onto this vote riding on DGKs initial vote that they walked away from after I've explained that vote in thread several times over now.

Instead of making any real cases or following anything that has happened in thread, this still seems to be the best vote???

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

Not fully caught up, but know that the number of people that think I'm suspicious for lurking but are giving Mr. F a pass is hilarious to me. I guess my new meta should be not posting at all in future games? You are trying to turn me into what I hate most and it is really really funny.

I agree completely, and this is a large part of why I'm unwilling to vote kb based on what's been put forward, but tbf, this is standard mr. f meta (town and scum) right now and I think there are more relevant options for the day

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The vote was made at the start of the game. They've made some empty posts about suspicion and little else. They aren't playing the game.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

This is a Scumpost, if I may be so bold.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm driving to Albuquerque for most of the day today so I will probably find a more effective spot than Tobbs to leave my vote in a bit in case I can't get back to the thread in time. I still have bad feelings on Tobbs but mostly it's lingering from my distaste from him being so self-defensive early on. Since then his posting has been alright, not super townie but nothing else he has done has jumped out at me.

Are you coming to visit me? ;-*

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
FYI I’m at a conference that concludes at 5pm cst. After that I will be around until deadline

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Gridlocked posted:

I thought DGK had a good point. Jumping on a joke vote first post seemed like try to slip a cheap one under the radar

At this point, the vote by Gridlocked is an example of this very thing they claimed I was doing.

They posted a vote on me, not long after DGK 3 IRL days ago, and their post history is fluff and mostly one-line responses to things.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

Hi King,

What I specifically find weird about your self comparison to Mr. F is that obviously Mr. F is not posting, and I don't think people are necessarily giving that a pass as much as just having nothing to read. You are posting, but your posts are curt. This is different to not posting at all because it seems intentional, especially when you do stuff like just post a votecount. In the original post you quoted where Dancer said "Who is this" for Mr. F vs a read for you, I wasn't interpreting that as saying Mr. F was fine when you were not. I saw that as him saying Mr. F has posted nothing, which isn't a positive. That your first response to all criticism has been to point to a poster you think is worse than you, to the point that you do it before you've even read the thread is not encouraging either. Does that help clear things up here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I didn't consider your earlier points because I just found the whole tone of that post phony. I'll look them over after but regardless that post itself is scummy.

First I don't see how someone can be putting down a lot of noise without trying to obfuscate as you say, and I think saying someone has weak but sincere reads is just like double hedging in one read (especially from a player like Lumpen who isn't really known for weak reads).

I completely disagree that Gridlocked has seemed scummy and I don't think that one vote being out of place can possibly be the most compelling read you can find in this game.

Then you wrap up with a total hedge non-call on DC that I don't even know why you felt like you had to include unless it was to jump off of later

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

I didn't consider your earlier points because I just found the whole tone of that post phony. I'll look them over after but regardless that post itself is scummy.

First I don't see how someone can be putting down a lot of noise without trying to obfuscate as you say, and I think saying someone has weak but sincere reads is just like double hedging in one read (especially from a player like Lumpen who isn't really known for weak reads).

I completely disagree that Gridlocked has seemed scummy and I don't think that one vote being out of place can possibly be the most compelling read you can find in this game.

Then you wrap up with a total hedge non-call on DC that I don't even know why you felt like you had to include unless it was to jump off of later

It's lunch time now. I hot takes on phone while I'm on the go, but I can unabashedly use my three computer screens to nerd out on forums games without my supervisor clucking his tongue at me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

At this point, the vote by Gridlocked is an example of this very thing they claimed I was doing.

They posted a vote on me, not long after DGK 3 IRL days ago, and their post history is fluff and mostly one-line responses to things.

I'm going to look at Grodlocked again but I think there are a few good posts in the their history and you aren't really giving those any credit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Are you coming to visit me? ;-*

Ha, I am in ABQ/Santa Fe/Taos areas pretty regularly so I'll totally come visit you sometime if that is where you are

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The reason why I think Lumpen's noise isn't obfuscating play is because it doesn't pick apart cases for weird reasons. He's doing what he has on his scumtellidex with the contribution of chaff and general tips, but I don't read that as actually mucking up cases people have put forth, or like intentionally misinterpreting which is definite obfuscation.

I disagree about gridlocked, but that may be a read thing. You have more than double the content in your few posts than they do in their own which nearly triple yours.

The call on DC is because they too are also focusing on a bad easy vote from the very start of the game for no real reason that I can see that is factual to what actually transpired.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tolly Totes posted:

Hi King,

What I specifically find weird about your self comparison to Mr. F is that obviously Mr. F is not posting, and I don't think people are necessarily giving that a pass as much as just having nothing to read. You are posting, but your posts are curt. This is different to not posting at all because it seems intentional, especially when you do stuff like just post a votecount. In the original post you quoted where Dancer said "Who is this" for Mr. F vs a read for you, I wasn't interpreting that as saying Mr. F was fine when you were not. I saw that as him saying Mr. F has posted nothing, which isn't a positive. That your first response to all criticism has been to point to a poster you think is worse than you, to the point that you do it before you've even read the thread is not encouraging either. Does that help clear things up here?

Nope. Because despite him posting nothing, he is lower on suspicion lists than I am. When the reason people are suspicious of me is lurking, that doesn't actually jive as a real opinion. However, since so many of you have it, you can't all be scum. In fairness, only my first game with the new meta, I'll see how this plays out after multiple before adjusting further, as I'd rather not become what I hate just to prove a point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
KB, friend, the argument is that you're content lurking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

KB, friend, the argument is that you're content lurking.

I'm absolutely not. Getting my alignment opinions on the record with every check in.

Content lurking would be only poo poo posting/flavor posting/game discussion.

• Locked thread