Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Colonel posted:

please buy brandish: the dark revenant whenever xseed gets around to releasing it on steam
I played it on the PC anyway with ppsspp :smug:

It's a super solid dungeon crawler, I got way more into it than I expected (even beating the Dela story) though I will say that some of the later floors are complete horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the best episode of big o is the one where the villain tries to destroy big o by creating a perfect replica of roger's upper body that just shouts "BIG O! BIG O!" constantly and putting it on a tiny set of wheels and driving it off a cliff
the best thing to come from big o is the stage in super robot wars z where a bunch of gag villains and mooks are trying to hold off the actual bad guys and a heroic theme kicks in and a voice in the distance shouts NEVER FEAR! THE TABLES HAVE TURNED! and everyone thinks its someone important but its just beck in the beck the great rx3 and as it rushes into battle it immediately falls apart, and cynthia from king gainer just goes "Holy crap. I'm going to die here."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes drawn some art for nier and drakengard and some drakengard music has gotten into taiko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaB8xEik488

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

Been waiting 3 years for a discount on PSN and I'll keep waiting, thank you.

You missed one 18 months ago

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

HELLBITCH posted:

Dishonored is really good if you missed it, I know I sure as hell did

I've been sitting on the Dishonored 2 dlc since the winter sale. I really want to get to it, but first I just need to beat Subnautica...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

I've been sitting on the Dishonored 2 dlc since the winter sale. I really want to get to it, but first I just need to beat Subnautica...

Its not amazing but if you like d2 and want a reason to play several of its maps again its pretty ok. The final missions are real boring linear gauntlets tho

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not amazing but if you like d2 and want a reason to play several of its maps again its pretty ok. The final missions are real boring linear gauntlets tho

The D2 DLC being the standalone Death of the Outsider, right? Didn't realize it reused levels.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah iirc its five missions and two of them are remixed levels from the base game.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

To add to that you don't have any powers in the first mission.

It's still decent and worth a playthrough though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
DBZF is very fun and VERY newb friendly in a genre (and sub genre) that I never thought was newb friendly at all. If you want in on wacky anime tag fighting better get while the getting is good. If you can shoot a fireball in street fighter you can do like 90% of the special moves in the game, and I'm pretty sure the next ten percent is just half circles. Seems like they wanted people to start learning anime/tag style combos and movement asap and did away with anything bothersome that you have to learn before that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I loving loved Dishonored 1+2 with all my being and yet was incredibly underwhelmed by Death of the Outsider. I felt way too restricted with the powerset. While the facesteal and callback powers are neat they have nowhere near the same utility as the locomotion powers Emily and Corvo had and that soured me a lot. Felt like ghosting a lot of the game would have been waaaaay more difficult than previous games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mordja posted:

The D2 DLC being the standalone Death of the Outsider, right? Didn't realize it reused levels.

Its very obviously a "oh poo poo nobody bought d2 quick make the dlc its own executable" type project

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

DBZF is very fun and VERY newb friendly in a genre (and sub genre) that I never thought was newb friendly at all. If you want in on wacky anime tag fighting better get while the getting is good. If you can shoot a fireball in street fighter you can do like 90% of the special moves in the game, and I'm pretty sure the next ten percent is just half circles. Seems like they wanted people to start learning anime/tag style combos and movement asap and did away with anything bothersome that you have to learn before that.

Yeah my wife is like queen of mashing and she was getting real pissed that all the cool mashing is the same button over and over instead of every button at the same time like other games.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

hey, if you were somehow still hoping the video game industry would find a way to regulate the lootbox/microtransaction bullshit before the government stepped in, don't worry! the ESRB? they got you covered

https://twitter.com/ESRBRatings/status/968516416742805504

surprise! it's nothing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought Into the Breach and the soundtrack and I hope it's good.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Color Printer posted:

hey, if you were somehow still hoping the video game industry would find a way to regulate the lootbox/microtransaction bullshit before the government stepped in, don't worry! the ESRB? they got you covered

https://twitter.com/ESRBRatings/status/968516416742805504

surprise! it's nothing

Lol this reads like a parody.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah my wife is like queen of mashing and she was getting real pissed that all the cool mashing is the same button over and over instead of every button at the same time like other games.

I bet she wrecks at Tekken

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeap ive seen her accidently hit epic ten strings

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I mean, the ESRB isn't a 'real' thing. That's like the limits of their ability.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

I mean, the ESRB isn't a 'real' thing. That's like the limits of their ability.
yeah, and honestly having those labels is better than nothing. it's not a LOT but it at least doesnt let game devs weasel out of saying whether or not they have them.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

yeah, and honestly having those labels is better than nothing. it's not a LOT but it at least doesnt let game devs weasel out of saying whether or not they have them.
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what action people are expecting the ERSB, a ratings organization, to take outside of rating things. Now the ESA on the other hand...Is also pretty toothless, actually.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chrono Trigger just dropped on Steam for pretty cheap, would that be worth getting by any chance?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looks like the mobile version, so depends on what they hosed up for it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Apparently it's only up til April so like what the gently caress is up with that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's just for the dumb bonuses.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The combination of autocombos and a dedicated homing dash button does a great job of getting beginner people to a place where they feel like the have tools that they can accomplish something with. Even if you're still getting bodied, knowing that when you get a hit you can easily dish out some damage is infinitely more rewarding than loving up your tri jump and eating another combo before you even landed a single hit.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Phantasium posted:

That's just for the dumb bonuses.

Ah. I was gonna be like yo this pulling off games off digital storefront kinda sucks.

edit: Eww it's the IOS verison. PASS.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
No original script, no sale

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll take them getting drunk at the party and bi Ayla over ye oldy Frog

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
What's everybody gonna play in March?

I've got to finish Ringed City and then I'll be done with DkS3 and then it's on to Monster Hunter, maybe i'll finish the Witcher 3 by the end of the year :v:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

New script is actually pretty good and it's Chrono Trigger with achievements so this is an autobuy for me

lmao at The Lost Sanctum though, that is absolutely horrendous no matter what system it's on

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

suuma posted:

I've got to finish Ringed City and then I'll be done with DkS3 and then it's on to Monster Hunter, maybe i'll finish the Witcher 3 by the end of the year :v:

Uhhhhh please don't steal my gaming schedule? Thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno what's out in March?? Far Cry 5 probably???

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suuma posted:

Gonna try to finally finish Yakuza 0 and start Kiwami with the wife, also going through MW4:Mercs which is an absolute ball. Trying to set aside some days for some heavy KC:D and Survive action, too. But I got Puyo Puyo Tetris on the mind!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

suuma posted:

Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I am glad there's nothing going on next month because I really need to finish some games and I forgot about the new D3 season until last week. Still gotta complete Berseria and beat the main campaign in MHW oh and then Iconoclasts lmao too much!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Go on a gaming fast in March to cleanse your system and properly prepare yourself for Yakuza.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Witcher 3 is so good but I can't sit down and play it. I feel like I have to take a week off to get any progress.

I don't know what it is, but it's not a game I can play, like, an hour at a time.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

suuma posted:

FF15 and Into the Breach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

suuma posted:

First I'm gonna get Moss and pet a virtual mouse.

Then beat Pyre because I'm 95% of the way there (barring curveballs) and that's been the case for at least a month.

• Locked thread