Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dead Cow posted:

Ok, I've been earnest about the difficult time I've had reading people this game. I started reading people, put down my opinion on AA, but I feel like it wasn't quite enough for me to vote on.

I don't think it's scummy to hold off on a vote until I have a bit more certainty. Otherwise I'd just be playing Eenie meenie miney scum, and sticking votes random places. Or some sort of I Spy with my little eye, something that is Scummy! VOTE.

I'm really trying to analyze and get a good vote down rather than just hopping around on whatever the scumlord of the moment is.

You're set to have a D1 end where you've given us precisely zero hard opinions on who you think is scum.

That's a good way to end the day as scum, not town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Seems people are really pushing for you KB.

Happy to confirm your N0 if you think it helps.

I appreciate the attempt here, but fwiw, would rather have waited till we saw who else voted for me before possibly giving them a reason not to. ;) Anyway, hold off saying anything more unless I'm really close to going(-3?), at which point you are free to share.

Generally, when I am proposing my typical let's cuddle a lurker strat, I always pick the most lurky individual. It's interesting how people are gung ho to do that but not voting that person.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
##vote snail

Snail's post history is a slow series of lingering votes and very little reasons for them. I think what is most telling for me is how snail goes from voting RF, telling Merk, yes I still believe in this vote, but then saying they wouldn't make RF their primary candidate without unvoting RF to show that. RF brought it up to Snail, but Snail still didn't unvote. Saying "I probably wouldn't vote [Retro Futurist] as a primary candidate now," but leaving the vote up is something I would see scum doing.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

On my re-read something is giving me a gut on Hal, it's almost like his play is too safe? This isn't an alignment call, just a big hmmm

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
##vote F

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

That's a good read of snail, and Hal's play does seem cautious.

Are you scum stickers?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, a general reminder:

flerp is scum and I'm gonna die N1 so good luck town

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok now i completely understand keane. its really loving annoying that i post (BEFORE THE GAME STARTS) that i wont be active. when i finally have some free time to play an internet game with strangers, i do try to provide some of my thoughts, but that was monday night and there was like no posts when i got active. then i woke up today and there were 150 posts or so i had to read, in-depth, on my phone, and now i have to get ready for class

lynch me, i dont care

also gently caress lumpen's list of scum tells but thats for after the game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sentimental snail posted:

I like the intentionally obtuse reply that you're hoping will color other poster's opinions of me, but that is not what the post I quoted says. it says, exactly, these words: I probably wouldn't vote [Retro Futurist] as a primary candidate now, but I'm leaning more scummy than townie on him

DC brought this up before the could get to it but yeah, you say this but you’re still voting for me. You lack conviction.

##vote snail

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

ok now i completely understand keane. its really loving annoying that i post (BEFORE THE GAME STARTS) that i wont be active. when i finally have some free time to play an internet game with strangers, i do try to provide some of my thoughts, but that was monday night and there was like no posts when i got active. then i woke up today and there were 150 posts or so i had to read, in-depth, on my phone, and now i have to get ready for class

lynch me, i dont care

Who is scum, flerp.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I get lynching lurkers, but going after the lurkiest of lurkers, the one most likely to be replaced is INCREDIBLY lazy. This gives us next to nothing to go on, where as one of the slightly less lurkier people, those who have made a vote or been voted, would give some connection to other players when it's time to evaluate the flip.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

flerp posted:

His list of scum tells is literally how I play mafia

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Dead Cow posted:

His list of scum tells is literally how I play mafia

Oh god, you need to rethink your life or start doing lumpen lists do I can laugh about having 3 lumpen in the thread.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

50 pounds of bread posted:

Oh god, you need to rethink your life or start doing lumpen lists do I can laugh about having 3 lumpen in the thread.

Best thing to do if you find a lumpen is have a doctor look at it and decide if you need it removed.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The Lumpen virus mafia. Every night another player becomes Lumpen.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

50 pounds of bread posted:

The Lumpen virus mafia. Every night another player becomes Lumpen.

We did lumpen list mafia already

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm gonna keep my vote on rf until I decide to place it elsewhere, because I am busy and looking though the thread when I have a few minutes

hope this helps

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Dead Cow posted:

We did lumpen list mafia already

Yeah but that wasn't a lumpen cult thing.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Who is scum, flerp.

im walking to class rn so wont be super in depth but ill get some thoughts out

lumpen feels weird and hypocritical. i have never played with lumpen so i have no idea how he's supposed to play. possible scumbo

merk feels like the last game i played with hom. dont care about the pr nonsense. probably good

gridlocked i liked merk's case initially, cooled on him since he looks like newbie town. maybe good

dancer looks bad from what people have quoted, will need to review posts. maybe bad

kb looks frustrated his new meta is giving him flack. alignment neutral tho imo. inconclusive

need to spend time looking at more people ngl but here's a few thoughts

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

im walking to class rn so wont be super in depth but ill get some thoughts out

lumpen feels weird and hypocritical. i have never played with lumpen so i have no idea how he's supposed to play. possible scumbo

merk feels like the last game i played with hom. dont care about the pr nonsense. probably good

gridlocked i liked merk's case initially, cooled on him since he looks like newbie town. maybe good

dancer looks bad from what people have quoted, will need to review posts. maybe bad

kb looks frustrated his new meta is giving him flack. alignment neutral tho imo. inconclusive

need to spend time looking at more people ngl but here's a few thoughts

Thank you for your hot takes I will enjoy them with a little maple syrup

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
This is not what I was hoping to wake up to. I'm shocked that people aren't seeing the same things in merk that I am. I heartily suggest everyone read over MMT's case on merk and then see his reactions to getting pressure from me. Maybe this isn't something the rest of you can get since it was happening to me, but feeling I had completely nailed him to the wall as scum by his reactions and then immediately getting called disingenuous for it is easily the most certain about my reads I've been.

But I'm not going to purely tunnel on merk if that means a potential no lynch for town. I have several other preferred options: DGK for the early ping without anything I've read further to disuade me, Lumpen for his hypocritical third vote on Tolly, lack of presence, and then going on about how mafia should be played as opposed to actually finding scum when he is around. Tolly for tunneling on people putting heat on her and general defensiveness.

That said I also want to hang KB purely for his stupid self imposed post restriction, which is incredibly anti town. Okay, I get it. I see what you're doing here. Your form of only popping in rarely is far less offensive than others, but it still sucks compared to the alternative. And giving yourself a post count limit is just stupid. Right now more than ever we need discussion and good cases, and you're holding out on us.

I'd also happily lynch any of the lurkers.

I will unhappily lynch literally anyone in this thread to avoid a no lynch.

I had a longer more detailed version of this but I lost it refreshing to look for new posts, sorry.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Dead Cow posted:

I get lynching lurkers, but going after the lurkiest of lurkers, the one most likely to be replaced is INCREDIBLY lazy. This gives us next to nothing to go on, where as one of the slightly less lurkier people, those who have made a vote or been voted, would give some connection to other players when it's time to evaluate the flip.

Disagree, I think enough people have stated their opinions of F that at least starting this track would be revealing.

Do we have any reason to think he will be replaced?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

DBD requested a replacement in the mafia thread.

Don't know for who though.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

merk posted:

This was my favorite show of 2017 by the way. Should I role play something? Ok I will. Starting now.

merk posted:

I, too, have a posting restriction, and I'm about to give it up because it is annoying, hon. Not much of a rind on you.

Merk, do you have an actual game mechanic posting restriction? It sounds like you made it up at first then said you had it, but you thought about not continuing with it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
:siren:THREE HOURS REMAIN:siren:

Now is the time for everyone to please publically post, on the record, who they would be willing to lynch today, at least 3 names, so we can build a consensus.
I will vote for any of:
  • Anomalous Amalgam
  • Mr. F!
  • Hal Incandenza
  • Atomic Soda
  • flerp
  • Tolly Totes
  • King Burgundy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dead Cow posted:

Merk, do you have an actual game mechanic posting restriction? It sounds like you made it up at first then said you had it, but you thought about not continuing with it.

I do have an actual game mechanic PR, friend. If you look, I was posting only westworld quotes for a bit and then saw the PM.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m headed to the gym.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Would vote without sighing:

Snail, flerp, Mr. F, Hal, AS

Wouldn't vote under any circumstance:

Quid, hiipfire, MMT, KB, merk, Tolly

Would vote while sighing resignedly:

Everyone else

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

I’m headed to the gym.

Not much of a rind on you.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

I looked over Snail and I'm not seeing the case there.

I think DGK is my top my vote now, but it's been a very strange day.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

At this point, the vote by Gridlocked is an example of this very thing they claimed I was doing.

They posted a vote on me, not long after DGK 3 IRL days ago, and their post history is fluff and mostly one-line responses to things.

Yeah, this is why I'm feeling Gridlock as scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Gridlocked posted:

I trust MMT and Quid as Town due to MMT day action.

Lando is trying in earnest which makes me think he is also Town.

I'd like to see a real LumpenList in the future.

I don't wanna vote for Merk while he's voting for me because it seems like I'd just be getting into a poo poo slinging match. But he's barking up the wrong tree chasing me.

Frankly I still feel my current vote on AA is on someone who saw an easy hand and played it.

B- is not someone I've seen enough of to have a real gauge beyond generally participating. Same with snail.

Dancer is similar but more active.

50 was really into flavor debate which was a bit distracting, but it confused me too so I can't be a hypocrite.

Tolly had some back and fort with Tobbs early that caught my eye but I'm happy to assume that was standard long term player throwing poo poo at a wall tactics.

Everyone else are names I've not seen enough.

Like this is super bullshit right here, look at it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

If I get lynched for trying to get the game to put votes down and start talking about who is scum instead of petering into the d1 lynch with garbage, I'm going to be rightly upset at SA Mafia.

You were in zero danger of this happening when you posted this. I'm gonna tell you it wouldn't be the first time you've driven content and ran the thread as Scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I'm pretty sure DC is town, her scum game is way more posting early on. I wouldn't vote her today.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

I looked over Snail and I'm not seeing the case there.

I think DGK is my top my vote now, but it's been a very strange day.

I'm cool with that if it comes down to it, enough people have put their feelings down on me to get something useful from my death.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Fiddy is posting without actually providing content, which is scummy as gently caress at this point.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

sentimental snail (3): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Dancer, Anomalous Amalgam, Dead Cow, Retro Futurist
merk (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire, DGK2000, Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, DGK2000, Lando131, Atomic Soda, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer
King Burgundy (2): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer, merk, Lumpen
DGK2000 (2): HiipFire, merk, merk, 50 pounds of bread
Anomalous Amalgam (2): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000, merk, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, Lumpen, Hal Incandenza, Lumpen
Gridlocked (2): merk, DGK2000, merk, Anomalous Amalgam
Retro Futurist (2): Quidthulhu, merk, sentimental snail, merk
Tobbs Gnawed (1): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Tolly Totes, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Atomic Soda (1): King Burgundy, merk, merk, merk, merk
Mr. F! (1): Tolly Totes
Dead Cow (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed
Lumpen (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131, sentimental snail, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, merk, merk
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
HiipFire (0): Dancer, Dancer, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, b-minus1, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen
Lando131 (0): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (0): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, merk, merk

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Mr. F!, Tobbs Gnawed

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 23 minutes.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

B-minus1 should be put on the lurker list at this point. He's contributed less than Hal. Tobbs should really put a vote down, there's only 2 and a half hours left.

At this point it's obvious my first choice is not going to get enough momentum with 2 hours left as people keep giving town reads on merk.

Let's try this: ##vote Mr. F!

I have seen no one say they would not vote out this guy for the blatant lurking. I feel even less bad about this considering DBD specifically asked for people who would provide content. Mr. F! has posted a grand total of 5 posts since the game started. He posted 8 times [i[before[/i] the game started.

Let's prevent a no lynch. We can do this.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

DGK2000 posted:

Fiddy is posting without actually providing content, which is scummy as gently caress at this point.

My vote is on who I want to lynch. Which is you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Mafia Edit: My vote didn't go through? ##vote F

• Locked thread