Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Conventional car doors are typically hinged at the front-facing edge of the door and the door swings outward in a horizontal plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

Despite the successful management of diseases causing spinal deformity, many patients suffered from scoliosis with no known cause. The unknown cause was eventually determined to be idiopathic scoliosis.

look up the definition of "idiopathic" and "scoliosis"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
post the most worthless thing you can find on the scp wiki

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

look up the definition of "idiopathic" and "scoliosis"

they weren’t even trying in the last season of house

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
American raisins, once seized, were sent to various warehouses across California, to be stored until sold to foreign nations, fed to cattle or schoolchildren, or disposed of in any other way to get them off the market that year.[2]

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

prefect posted:

American raisins, once seized, were sent to various warehouses across California, to be stored until sold to foreign nations, fed to cattle or schoolchildren, or disposed of in any other way to get them off the market that year.[2]

the california raisins don't gently caress around

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Fanwikis Are Cheating but lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

this image and the caption and the "own work" is really making my skin crawl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_obesity#/media/File:Variation_in_body_fat_12577.JPG

why is height given in square meters

e: oh that's just the calc not actually height

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

prefect posted:

the Planet Money episode on the raisin cartel was really good

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2015/06/24/417187957/episode-478-the-raisin-outlaw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like this page just in general. it's about a huge aircraft cannon the soviets built that is comparable to the GAU-8 on the A-10 warthog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-6-30

broke: designing a whole new airplane around your enormous cannon, offsetting the gun and landing gear so that the recoil forces are always in line with the plane's thrust axis, mounting it on hydraulic shock absorbers that allow it to hit within a 20-foot circle at 4,000 feet when fired from a moving airplane

woke: building the same gun but just bolting it on whatever plane you have available, resulting in offset firing loads and recoil forces so high that the plane's control surfaces jam, the reflector sight shatters, the instrument panel detaches from the cockpit and the explosive canopy jettison mechanism goes off

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

and the soviets used a pencil!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
A popular example of the early days of monster truck racing is portrayed in the 1986 home video release Return of the Monster Trucks, which involves a truck pull, car crushing, and mud bogging all in the same course. That event, held in the Louisiana Superdome, was won by Bigfoot, as well as most of the events it was entered into in the mid-1980s.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Fyodor_Karamazov

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sagebrush posted:

i like this page just in general. it's about a huge aircraft cannon the soviets built that is comparable to the GAU-8 on the A-10 warthog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-6-30

broke: designing a whole new airplane around your enormous cannon, offsetting the gun and landing gear so that the recoil forces are always in line with the plane's thrust axis, mounting it on hydraulic shock absorbers that allow it to hit within a 20-foot circle at 4,000 feet when fired from a moving airplane

woke: building the same gun but just bolting it on whatever plane you have available, resulting in offset firing loads and recoil forces so high that the plane's control surfaces jam, the reflector sight shatters, the instrument panel detaches from the cockpit and the explosive canopy jettison mechanism goes off

i don't know why I find this as funny as i do but lol

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_claimed_to_be_built_on_seven_hills

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States – The exact list of seven hills varies a bit, but every list includes Cathedral Hill, Capitol Hill, Dayton's Bluff, Crocus Hill (sometimes also called St. Clair), and Williams Hill—which is no longer a hill.[16]

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States – The exact list of seven hills varies a bit, but every list includes Cathedral Hill, Capitol Hill, Dayton's Bluff, Crocus Hill (sometimes also called St. Clair), and Williams Hill—which is no longer a hill.[16]

williams hill is now technically a dwarf hill

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Sun provides no J2ME JRE for the Microsoft Windows Mobile (Pocket PC) based devices, despite an open-letter campaign to Sun to release a rumored internal implementation of PersonalJava known by the code name "Captain America".

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
This article is about a literary device. For biological healing factors, see Growth factor.

"outside of comics" is anime and video games

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Thinking that his car was missing, Abigail was standing around, crying and making various bad impressions of car sounds. He is encountered by Ibuki, Zangief, Juri and Vega who were puzzled and insulted by his behavior. This was specifically due to his habit of making really bad impersonations of car noises (in the cases of Ibuki and Vega as he was making the sound of a fart and a pig respectively), saying he felt "flat" which insulted Juri by making her think he was talking about her bust size and crying/booing Zangief.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Though this is popularly believed to be correct, scientists place the autoignition temperature at 424–475 °F (218–246 °C) depending on the study and type of paper.[21][22]

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

can’t wait for Fahrenheit 469

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

please don’t doxx me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ugh

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I'm glad they highlighted it because I otherwise would not have caught that.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
thicc milk is my parachute account

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the german word for thick/heavy is dick

the german word for sour cream is Dickmilch

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sagebrush posted:

the german word for thick/heavy is dick

the german word for sour cream is Dickmilch

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
A real-life superhero (RLSH) is a person who dresses up in a superhero costume or mask in order to perform community service such as neighborhood watch, or in some cases vigilantism.[1][2][3]

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
The F Plus did an episode on those, haha

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

surprisingly “real life superheroes” are mainly sad and boring

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hobbesmaster posted:

surprisingly “real life superheroes” are mainly sad and boring

with the noted exception of that one guy in a spider-man costume that plays a guitar on hollywood blvd

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 28, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Silver Alicorn posted:

great ep too

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Silver Alicorn posted:

the we hate movies episode on mystery men had a great little rant from andrew about them

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
In her current version, Katie is the girl who lives next door to Konqi. Although they are close friends, whether she is Konqi's girlfriend is unclear.[6]

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

quote:

Practical jokes
The developers and community behind Gentoo have performed many practical jokes, a number of them on or around April Fools' Day. This kind of practical trickery and playfulness has been a tenet of Gentoo since its creation.

Wiki
On July 28, 2017 the Gentoo wiki had a satirical news announcement entitled 'Word crimes'. Embedded in the announcement was a link to the Weird Al video under the same name.
Website
On April 1st, 2015 the Gentoo Linux team, namely Alex Legler and Robin H. Johnson and a few other associates, announced the launch of a "totally revamped and more inclusive website which was built to conform to the CGA Web™ graphics standards [...] with a 16-colour palette and an optimal screen resolution of 640 x 200 pixels". The joke website was displayed with the appearance of a CGA (16-colour) palette. According to the release announcement the new site was available via the Gopher protocol at gopher://gopher.gentoo.org/.[70]
Live DVD
To salute the 2012 phenomenon, on December 21st, 2012 Gentoo released an End Of World Edition Live DVD.
Install wizard
On April 1st, 2012 an April Fools' joke named "Install Wizard" was "released" as part of the 12.1 Live DVD.

what a group of funny guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
roflol