Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We can do better than a Mr. F lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Merk was pretty gungho about Gridlocked. Tried to sway the vote to him.

merk posted:

MMT, taking me out of your sights for a second: What do you think about Gridlocked?

When he noticed he wasn't getting traction, and people were looking elsewhere, he drops this:

merk posted:

His last awful list post this morning has me reconsidering. It looks more actually-kind-of-trying newbie.

I'm about to go mine out some more stuff.

He drops an unvote, and moves on to someone else he was suspicious of, and so were others.

merk posted:

Friendlies, I really don't want to sound like a jerk here because this is butting up close to casing someone because they are dealing with personal things outside of the game. However, I don't know if I can past the thought process behind these two posts.

Post 1: I am super busy. I can barely play the game.
Post 2: I spent a bunch of time looking through old posts of mine in old games to deflate a meta argument about whether I capitalized a 't' in a confirmation post. I did this instead of scum hunting.

##vote Lumpen

IMMEDIATELY DROPS LUMPEN AFTER A SINGLE POST WHERE LUMPEN SAID HE SPENT 15 MINUTES IN NOSTALGIA

merk posted:

Ha, ok, that's fair. ##unvote

Still reading.

He realizes someone might notice him pulling things out of his rear end and drops

merk posted:

If I get lynched for trying to get the game to put votes down and start talking about who is scum instead of petering into the d1 lynch with garbage, I'm going to be rightly upset at SA Mafia.

And then he eventually moves on to what is essentially a lurker lynch right now, despite there being far more interactions that we could get info from elsewhere.

merk posted:

He has two posts, friend. I have no idea about anything with his alignment. I expect he gets replaced. Alternatively, you are here and not telling us anything about alignment.

##vote KB

I posit Merk is scum trying to lead the thread.

##Vote Merk

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

50 pounds of bread posted:

My vote is on who I want to lynch. Which is you.

Your vote is STILL a literal OMGUS.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Gridlocked made one big newbie sounding list post. I’d still vote him but am less convinced. His reaction to pressure didn’t feel that scummy.

Lumpen responded with something I truly believe about sitting around having an option to be nostalgic or put in effort. Made me laugh. Sounded real.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Wrong, and your obfustication doesn't help.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

DGK2000 just omgused me while misconstruing my posts about town being hosts and scum being humans. Then they mentioned AA and them bussing each other as if it's why I am suspect of them despite me saying I could see them being same or different alignments.

Just did a pseudo lumpenlist. Has nothing useful.

This is in the same breath he is accusing me of low content.

Yeah this is who I want to vote today.

## vote dgk2000

In response to me putting you in a list, where I called out your loving awful and useless posts. That is an OMGUS, you fool.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No more personal insults, buckaroo.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

My original reasoning stands, adding a worthless OMGUS post to my reasoning doesn't constitute an OMGUS.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
I will happily vote someone better than Mr. F but right now no one seems to have enough people willing to vote them to prevent a no lynch and several people have expressed a willingness to vote out a lurker.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

This greatly reduces my chances of getting JakeP to block me during a mafia game.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
3 would-votes please.

##Vote Mr. F show up or die.

I presume flerp has requested the replacement after the exasperated pose of his last post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’d only vote F to avoid no lynch. We have to be able to do better. I think he’s getting replaced.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

merk posted:

I concur

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Lumpen posted:

3 would-votes please.

I presume flerp has requested the replacement after the exasperated pose of his last post.

This is a scummy post

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

I’d only vote F to avoid no lynch. We have to be able to do better. I think he’s getting replaced.

This is my stance.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Re-read snail.

Lots of side commentary and an odd vote on RF that he admits isn't great. Feels bad with him calling me town, but if he's scum that's a good play.

I find it really odd that merk is rising in the vote counts. The poster with far and away more posts than anyone else has never been scum, to the best of my recollection. Makes me think other candidates (snail? Mr. F?) are probably scum, and scum are trying to push merk due to the large number of players who have expressed negative sentiment towards him.

##vote stickers

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

He has 4 posts post-confirmation, in all of D1. How is getting rid of him worse than anyone who is actually playing the game?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

As an aside, when did this become a rule? And why?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I find it really odd that merk is rising in the vote counts. The poster with far and away more posts than anyone else has never been scum, to the best of my recollection. Makes me think other candidates (snail? Mr. F?) are probably scum, and scum are trying to push merk due to the large number of players who have expressed negative sentiment towards him.

##vote stickers

I'm pretty sure you weren't playing at the time, but it was something scum Merk would do in games that seemed adrift. It bought him MASSIVE town cred.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Lumpen posted:

He has 4 posts post-confirmation, in all of D1. How is getting rid of him worse than anyone who is actually playing the game?

Because he has no interactions with anyone to give us alignment ideas. A D1 lurker lynch provides no information, and makes D2 a de facto day 1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The poster with far and away more posts than anyone else has never been scum, to the best of my recollection.

FWIW, this isn't necessarily true. As an example, pretty sure I had highest post total as scum in a couple games.

I'll help consolidate things.

##vote stick

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, this isn't necessarily true. As an example, pretty sure I had highest post total as scum in a couple games.

I'll help consolidate things.

##vote stick

This is a vote I'm comfortable with now and previously.

Vote Snaily

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

This is a vote I'm comfortable with now and previously.

Vote Snaily

##vote Snaily

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Lumpen posted:

3 would-votes please.

this is not true, as i dont want to make anybody have to read 31 pages of posts for day loving 1 . also i dont want to subject somebody to the other dumb poo poo i need to deal w/.

i dont think mr f is a good lynch target, but if we cant come to a consensus, then i will vote him to avoid a no lynch. i would much prefer we use it to see if some people's scum reads are actually accurate, but if we have to lunch a lurker to get a lynch then that sucks but okay

im going to try to stay around and be reading this thread until deadline

can somebody post viewfinder for me? phone posting is hard

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

flerp posted:

this is not true, as i dont want to make anybody have to read 31 pages of posts for day loving 1 . also i dont want to subject somebody to the other dumb poo poo i need to deal w/.
Ok then it's a fair bet that Mr. F is getting replaced.

##Vote sentimental snail

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

sentimental snail (7): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Dancer, Anomalous Amalgam, Dead Cow, Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, DGK2000, Lumpen
Mr. F! (2): Tolly Totes, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen
DGK2000 (2): HiipFire, merk, merk, 50 pounds of bread
Anomalous Amalgam (2): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000, merk, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, Lumpen, Hal Incandenza, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (2): Quidthulhu, merk, sentimental snail, merk
merk (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire, DGK2000, Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, DGK2000, Lando131, Atomic Soda, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer, Lando131, DGK2000, DGK2000
Tobbs Gnawed (1): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Tolly Totes, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
King Burgundy (1): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer, merk, Lumpen, Lumpen
Dead Cow (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed
Gridlocked (1): merk, DGK2000, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, DGK2000
Lumpen (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131, sentimental snail, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, merk, merk
Atomic Soda (0): King Burgundy, merk, merk, merk, merk, King Burgundy
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
HiipFire (0): Dancer, Dancer, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, b-minus1, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen
Lando131 (0): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (0): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, merk, merk

Not Voting (2): b-minus1, Mr. F!

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 46 minutes.

I'm reading Snail now. He seemed slightly scummy to me with that comment about voting RF but not KB earlier so I'll take a closer look.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
##vote DGK

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote DGK

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Would vote definitely snail, definitely gridlock, merk probably, flerp probably.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

Regardless of possible alignment, agreed.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

sentimental snail posted:

I would vote for rf. probably would not for kb, probably would for most others

This is the first really dubious post by snail.

rf willfully tossed out a vote without reading to see what he was agreeing with, or even checking to see if he actually agreed with something.

I don't fault kb or anyone for not participating much or not putting out content on a day one weekend with 90% fluff. I'm not willing to vote him when that's the entire case.

This is his explanation. I can kind of see where he's coming from on this so I hadn't made too much of it. He also votes RF later in this post.

After this he claims he will be busy and is indeed gone for a good long time, drawing some lurker accusations in the process.

When he returns he comments on a comment of 50s about MMTs role without giving opinions, then says it's rude to get upset at people gone for 24 hours before getting into flavor discussion. Still no reads other than RF and KB.

hey friend I dunno if you're reading the same flavor as me but I don't see anything about your role being confirmed except you have a gun that works in the day, maybe

if you have something more concrete about the setup than the flavor in that post, you're welcome to share it

otherwise, until her alignment has been confirmed, I'm not accepting her word that she is confirmed, yes

I wish you didn't have so many right opinions about merk and the PR claims in general. it's causing some very conflicting opinions on my part.

I'm otw to work, will be reading from there and hopefully posting today

Talk about post restrictions and says he gets conflicting opinions without sharing them.

Continues to hold his vote on RF. Actually makes a read: Doesn't like that Tolly is not engaging with Lumpen. Says he wants to vote her but doesn't nor does he call her scum.

I like the intentionally obtuse reply that you're hoping will color other poster's opinions of me, but that is not what the post I quoted says. it says, exactly, these words: I probably wouldn't vote [Retro Futurist] as a primary candidate now, but I'm leaning more scummy than townie on him

Talks to RF about holding his vote there despite RF not being his primary target. Note: As of writing this he still has his vote on RF, who he has since cleared.

He chats with Tobbs about Tobbs meta of focusing on him too much.

I'm gonna keep my vote on rf until I decide to place it elsewhere, because I am busy and looking though the thread when I have a few minutes

hope this helps

As of writing this is his last post. He's made one or two reads all day, says RF is not his primary target while voting him and never says who his actual primary scumread is.

Good enough for me on day 1.

##vote Snaily

I have to drive to work now. Should be able to read right before deadline depending on traffic.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Gonna be in rainy dallas traffic for the next couple of hours so I'm going to stick to my strongest case and vote snail

##vote snail

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah, this is why I'm feeling Gridlock as scum.

DGK2000 posted:

Like this is super bullshit right here, look at it.

DGK2000 posted:

Merk was pretty gungho about Gridlocked. Tried to sway the vote to him.
When he noticed he wasn't getting traction, and people were looking elsewhere, he drops this:
He drops an unvote, and moves on to someone else he was suspicious of, and so were others.
IMMEDIATELY DROPS LUMPEN AFTER A SINGLE POST WHERE LUMPEN SAID HE SPENT 15 MINUTES IN NOSTALGIA
He realizes someone might notice him pulling things out of his rear end and drops
And then he eventually moves on to what is essentially a lurker lynch right now, despite there being far more interactions that we could get info from elsewhere.
I posit Merk is scum trying to lead the thread.

##Vote Merk

Would vote DGK for this. He's pushing Gridlocked hard, then does an about-face and votes merk for unvoting Gridlocked. Mind you, DGK's vote of merk unvotes Gridlocked.

Fake opinions, as was called out earlier with his turnaround on AA.

In fact let's spice it up. ##vote DGK

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
last game i played w mr f he posted quite alot and then vigged someone day one, turned out to be scum, so don't think the lack of posting is a scum tell.

##vote snail

i would also vote dgk.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
In case snail and DGK end up being different alignments:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll vote literally anyone except myself to prevent a no lynch but I like my vote where it is

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also he's at -3, we've got a bit of time left so try not to hammer before he gets a chance to claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Would vote DGK for this. He's pushing Gridlocked hard, then does an about-face and votes merk for unvoting Gridlocked. Mind you, DGK's vote of merk unvotes Gridlocked.

Fake opinions, as was called out earlier with his turnaround on AA.

In fact let's spice it up. ##vote DGK

Oooh this is good stuff.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

I'll vote literally anyone except myself to prevent a no lynch but I like my vote where it is

Wow, that's terrible. I would vote myself to prevent a no lynch because some information is better than no information. Why are you so selfish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dead Cow posted:

Wow, that's terrible. I would vote myself to prevent a no lynch because some information is better than no information. Why are you so selfish?

Ace opinions from Dead Cow in this game. So glad she’s here!

• Locked thread