Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Smoking Crow posted:

Remember when Kip James called Christy Hemme a slut and got a huge babyface pop

Jericho got cheers for calling Steph a "Filthy, Dirty, Disgusting, Skanky, Brutal, Bottom-Feeding, Trash Bag Ho!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

context is a motherfucker.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

coconono posted:

context is a motherfucker.

context does not help kip james

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

context does not help kip james

But he's a founder member of the Voodoo Kin Mafia!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Nystral posted:

But these people are in their 30s...

Only physically.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Happy Thursday everyone!!! Have a post by someone on WRESTLE FORUM getting mad over the Wrestlemania poster.

For those curious, this is the poster/cover he's mad about.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's just fact!!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I agree with him. Seven women is not good. They should add more for fair representation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I, too, pine for the days when WWE's women's roster consisted solely of Chyna, Sable and Ryan Shamrock.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's really funny because Rousey is almost certainly the biggest draw on the show for anyone who isn't already a WWE fan.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

DJExile posted:

It's just fact!!!!

My tip off that someone has lovely, stupid opinions is overuse of ellipses and multiple punctuation marks, it hasn't failed me yet.

Is this the same misogynist getting posted over and over, or is it multiple shitlords?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Helicity posted:

My tip off that someone has lovely, stupid opinions is overuse of ellipses and multiple punctuation marks, it hasn't failed me yet.

Is this the same misogynist getting posted over and over, or is it multiple shitlords?

Multiple shitlords. There are quite a few of them on Wrestle Forum. The mods and admins only put the bare minimum amount of effort into policing it. The women's wrestling community over there is sorta weird, in that each woman has their own clique, some less offensive than others. The loudest and most obnoxious tends to be the Alexa Bliss community though, but I think that's due to the fact that most of her fans tend to be alt-right/right wing nutjobs for obvious reasons. They can't handle any sort of criticism of her well at all, and will outright attack anyone who dares to say something bad about THEIR GODDESS!!!!

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 1, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How the gently caress could anybody look at that poster and think women are being over-represen-

Helicity posted:

lovely, stupid opinions

Well, I guess that answers my question :)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's nice that they kept Alexa at the same scale as Jinder, at least.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Today on Wrestle Forum:

Alexa Bliss superfans are utterly delusional.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I like that he's kind of comparing Alexa to Brock with the streak breaking talk lol Not that I think Asuka's streak is 1/100th as important to WWE as Takers, but it's not like they just broke it for anybody

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

coconono posted:

Enzo was already on the shitlist but WWE was willing to let him ride his contract out as long as he stayed out of trouble. He didn't. In fact, he failed to report that he was under investigation.

And yes, the company is more than happy to backdoor people in that'll make them money or Vince likes them. Its always been that way.

Ryback's just sad because he can't get fuckin booked, his podcast is tedious verbal effluvia and he's so loving dumb he gets confounded by a drat Panera menu.

He got booked by my local indie, but they announced it maybe two days after they told us they’d booked Cody too so nobody cared lmao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Today on Wrestle Forum:

Alexa Bliss superfans are utterly delusional.

Top ten? loving lmao.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think she actually is in merch sales? But Sasha is too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I think she actually is in merch sales? But Sasha is too.

Okay but the implication is basically that she is one of the 10 most talented people in the company period. Which uh....

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay but the implication is basically that she is one of the 10 most talented people in the company period. Which uh....

They literally say "top 10 most popular wrestlers" and don't imply anything about talent, though. If you had a chart of crowd dB annotated with show highlights and cross-referenced that with merch sales and a few other things, I wouldn't be shocked to see Alexa in the top 10. Probably why Vince keeps a belt on her.

I feel like I have the stupid wrestling fan opinion for hoping that WWE someday showcases more advanced wrestling and complex storylines/characters on Raw and Smackdown. I've never purchased a shirt or an action figure, cut the cable years ago, give them a few views on Hulu, and spend maybe $20 on the Network for SummerSlam and Wrestlemania. I'm almost certainly not in their target market, so why am I surprised that their show makes no sense to me and makes sense to the Alexa-worshippers?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess I just read it that way because Alexa fans seem more fanatical about her than I am about Ambrose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Helicity posted:

They literally say "top 10 most popular wrestlers" and don't imply anything about talent, though. If you had a chart of crowd dB annotated with show highlights and cross-referenced that with merch sales and a few other things, I wouldn't be shocked to see Alexa in the top 10. Probably why Vince keeps a belt on her.

Don't forget Axxess ticket sell out times!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The guy is definitely right that Alexa is popular, much more so than Asuka and WWE will blow her streak on whatever they want without a second thought.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From that same guy:

Goddamn Bliss fans are idiots. The fact that he even took more than a second to think this could be seen as remotely credible is insanely stupid. Also Asuka's in ring character work and acting is some of the best in the company.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

DarkstarIV posted:

From that same guy:

Goddamn Bliss fans are idiots. The fact that he even took more than a second to think this could be seen as remotely credible is insanely stupid. Also Asuka's in ring character work and acting is some of the best in the company.

Bliss fans are pretty delusional. Asuka's character work is great, she doesn't even need to talk much when she can convey everything in body language.
Meanwhile Bliss has great character work and can talk but everyone gets booked like poo poo against her and her matches aren't believable because she just dominates matches even though she's 5'4 or something like that. It was really noticeable at Survivor Series when she had the bulk of the offence despite Charlotte towering over her.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Alexa Bliss is a very good wrestler who unfortunately has the WORST fanbase, it seems.

When you're basically the wrestling version of Harley Quinn it's inevitable.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Alexa Bliss is a very good wrestler who unfortunately has the WORST fanbase, it seems.

When you're basically the wrestling version of Harley Quinn it's inevitable.

I feel like if you were gonna assign that title to someone it'd be Laurel Van Ness or Daffney

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Testekill posted:

Bliss fans are pretty delusional. Asuka's character work is great, she doesn't even need to talk much when she can convey everything in body language.
Meanwhile Bliss has great character work and can talk but everyone gets booked like poo poo against her and her matches aren't believable because she just dominates matches even though she's 5'4 or something like that. It was really noticeable at Survivor Series when she had the bulk of the offence despite Charlotte towering over her.

That's because she's a heel and it's not unique to her.

WWE only knows how to do face in peril matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

one of the things I've noticed about WWE is that the superfans tend to craft their own personal stories for their faves. Mostly its just harmless stuff like "oh yay Alexa Bliss she's the baddest, yadda yadda" sometimes it gets fuckin weird like "Dean Ambrose smiled at me at a house show so now we're married"

I have a source that run a Dean Ambrose fansite. I'll check in and see if there's any good horror stories.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

one of the things I've noticed about WWE is that the superfans tend to craft their own personal stories for their faves. Mostly its just harmless stuff like "oh yay Alexa Bliss she's the baddest, yadda yadda" sometimes it gets fuckin weird like "Dean Ambrose smiled at me at a house show so now we're married"

I have a source that run a Dean Ambrose fansite. I'll check in and see if there's any good horror stories.

Not just their faves, Holocaust denial is *still* a thing goons find hilarious all because they can link it to their hatred for Roman through a fan sign.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a PPV fan sign that makes it canon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It was a PPV fan sign that makes it canon.

That just makes me think of the guy with the sign that said "Rage" on it and Alex Riley posted it on Twitter, thought it was a shoutout while he was off TV, and the guy corrected him and was like "Oh no man, that's just my e-wrestler"

It might have inspired sympathy if Riley wasn't a world class dickhead.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dean Ambrose is the Titty Master

Reigns is the Holocaust Denier

They were both on signs. Can't deny them.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Not just their faves, Holocaust denial is *still* a thing goons find hilarious all because they can link it to their hatred for Roman through a fan sign.

Holocaust denial is funny because you have to be incredibly stupid and bad to do it, like Roman Reigns

No one is coming down pro-holocaust by laughing at it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Codependent Poster posted:

Dean Ambrose is the Titty Master

Reigns is the Holocaust Denier

They were both on signs. Can't deny them.
Titty Master is something Dean wrote on his fist tape at house shows, and the story was it was related to Big E apparently

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

RealFoxy posted:

Titty Master is something Dean wrote on his fist tape at house shows, and the story was it was related to Big E apparently

Big E does have rocking titties so this checks out

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Holocaust denial is funny because you have to be incredibly stupid and bad to do it, like Roman Reigns

No one is coming down pro-holocaust by laughing at it

I don't know that Roman Reigns is a Holocaust denier, but I don't know anything about Roman Reigns, because he has no definable characteristics. Even Hulk Hogan loved America.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Defiance Industries posted:

Even Hulk Hogan loved America.

Some say he loved it maybe even a little more than Mr. America, if you can believe such a thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I am also a big fan of Asuka and would gladly see her beat the Goddess for the championship. #notallblissfans