Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

Can I get an explanation on the week long probation for posting something correct?

Did you guys just pretend I was saying something I wasn't saying, or is it wrong to defend Boston sportscasters, even from entirely made up poo poo?

Obviously legality and morality aren't 1:1, but this is something where they seem to line up pretty close and I don't understand the excessive reaction

It's a dumb gross argument and you were already told to drop it, just let it go. This is not a thing worth defending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MourningView posted:

It's a dumb gross argument and you were already told to drop it, just let it go. This is not a thing worth defending

Are you saying the excessive probation was because I didn't drop it? Because I did when I was asked to by a mod, and then I was probated for a week anyways.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

Are you saying the excessive probation was because I didn't drop it? Because I did when I was asked to by a mod, and then I was probated for a week anyways.

It's not my forum to mod anymore but it doesn't seem that excessive to me tbh. I don't get why this is a fight you wanted to have. The dude was a creep regardless of what specific label you want to put on his creepiness and no good can come from an obnoxious argument over semantics

Also trying to restart the argument and complain about the probation in the thread is really lame, just PM her and I'm sure she can elaborate on the reason for you.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 23, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If you have a problem, take it to the admins.

Move on.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MourningView posted:

It's not my forum to mod anymore but it doesn't seem that excessive to me tbh. I don't get why this is a fight you wanted to have. The dude was a creep regardless of what specific label you want to put on his creepiness.

Also trying to restart the argument and complain about the probation in the thread is really lame, just PM her and I'm sure she can elaborate on the reason for you.

To me it'd be the same as making a distinction between, I don't know, slight antisemitism and overtly advocating for genocide. I don't think everyone who's ever made a jew nose joke is trying to kill all jews. I don't think these guys were trying to gently caress kids and it seemed stupid to say as much. Pretend the one thing is the much worse thing precludes any discussion.

What I'm allowed to discuss felt like a public discussion, dunno why I should have to beg for that over PM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
cool done then

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/967120169003700224

so yeah what's with olbermann being a part timer of sorts these days

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/967120169003700224

Keith Olbermann has burned so many bridges that he's built his own raft to fjord the rivers above which the bridges once stood.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I hope Keith becomes the enraged neighbor that Dan and Stugotz play pranks on

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vertical Lime posted:

He's making baby steps into the water to make sure Skipper is well and truly gone and not just hiding somewhere waiting to stab him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Bill Walton has some opinions about the wiretap. Opinions for you.

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/a-disgusted-bill-walton-on-arizonas-role-in-fbi-investi-1823302430

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
lol dave pasch "well here's the starting five" without missing a beat

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/968180287766134789

E: jesus christ NBC

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/968181242482036736

DJExile fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 26, 2018

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i'm actively upset at them bedazzling a perfectly good HMD-26 headset (which as a broadcaster I want bad)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and that's why i woke up at 6am to watch the closing ceremonies without it being americasplained

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

i'm actively upset at them bedazzling a perfectly good HMD-26 headset (which as a broadcaster I want bad)

Lol this is entirely fair

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

and that's why i woke up at 6am to watch the closing ceremonies without it being americasplained

and i knew stuff would be edited out

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/968210077441290246

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
To be fair I would have been bored stupid by all of that except the DJs and fireworks

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MattJ777/status/965764580755456000

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
C.J. Nitkowski liked a Proud Boys tweet, and poo poo is hitting the fan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Edward Mass posted:

C.J. Nitkowski liked a Proud Boys tweet, and poo poo is hitting the fan.

I'm terrible at these things and probably missing something, but did the Proud Boys photoshop that arm in there? I can't tell who it's supposed to come from.

https://twitter.com/taddmike/status/967200573882761217/photo/1

e: I spent 30 seconds too long contemplating a proud boys tweet didn't I? I just wanted to match up limbs.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 27, 2018

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The picture is real but the woman on the hockey team is not doing it because she's a white supremacist

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ElwoodCuse posted:

The picture is real but the woman on the hockey team is not doing it because she's a white supremacist

There was never any doubt that there wasn't some USA hockey woman flashing a white supremacist sign for the Proud Boys but whose hand is it? I can't figure it out :(

e: Oh dark haired one in the middle. I thought her arm was too far away with where she's sitting but she's leaning over some. (I did say I was really bad at these things)

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 27, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Since when is that a white supremacist thing? That was what we did to each other on the ship, and if you looked it meant you were trying to look at a dick.

I mean, still super regressive but goddamn. To the majority of people that would have nothing to do with a supreme race. If anything it's a sign that you're a hosed up child.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

iwentdoodie posted:

Since when is that a white supremacist thing? That was what we did to each other on the ship, and if you looked it meant you were trying to look at a dick.

Trump flashes the okay sign it all the drat time so white supremacist trolls online have been trying to make it Their Thing.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I think it was a white supremacist thing before that and since Trump does it (probably a coincidence despite his idiocy) it became a recognized thing. But it's also held upright, and that's pretty clearly someone playing a meta punch game

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's no more an actual white supremacist symbol than New Balances are.

Anyway, TAke a look, y'all:
https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/968643572453998592?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Oh you sweet unbroken brains.

The hockey player is doing that thing you used to do to your little brother or cousins where if you looked at it, you get to punch them. That's come back into popular memery.

The ok symbol, like okee dokee, became a white supremacist thing because of pepe doing it. Some news outlet covered it saying it was a white supremacy gesture (it wasn't). In response, the far too online CHUDs started doing it as a joke. But they were by and large white supremacists """western chauvinists" so it became one... TO. OWN. THE. drat. LIBS!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I think it was a white supremacist thing before that and since Trump does it (probably a coincidence despite his idiocy) it became a recognized thing. But it's also held upright, and that's pretty clearly someone playing a meta punch game

Dont make me find the pics of Obama doing the same thinga

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Papa John's is ending its NFL sponsorship, probably because Papa John is a giant racist rear end in a top hat who has repeatedly said that players protesting is hurting his pizza sales. He previously had said that giving his employees healthcare would cost an additional 5 cents per pizza and he was against that.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22597858/papa-johns-nfl-end-sponsorship-deal

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean even if that hand symbol is not some secret Nazi thing the proud boys are very much a gross white supremacist group and following/liking their poo poo on Twitter is pretty Bad. And CJ Nitkowski has always loving sucked

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Papa John's is ending its NFL sponsorship, probably because Papa John is a giant racist rear end in a top hat who has repeatedly said that players protesting is hurting his pizza sales. He previously had said that giving his employees healthcare would cost an additional 5 cents per pizza and he was against that.

Wasn't Papa John also the guy who was going to put an "Obamacare surcharge" on his company's pizza order receipts?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Crazy Ted posted:

Wasn't Papa John also the guy who was going to put an "Obamacare surcharge" on his company's pizza order receipts?
Yeah that was what I was making reference to. He was pissed about having to give his employees healthcare, so he raised the price of his pizzas by I think something trivial like 5 cents? I do recall several various restaurants putting 'Obamacare surcharge' sections on receipts like anyone gave a poo poo.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Formula 1 is launching their own OTT streaming service called F1 TV. It'll be $8-12 a month and contain a non-live stream version which will cost slightly less. It'll have on board cameras for all 20 drivers and the ability to watch multiple views at once. I'm sold. Link below.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/2/formula-1-to-launch-f1-tv-a-live-grand-prix-subscription-service.html

e: The F1 thread believes there is some ambiguity with regards to pricing due to phrasing on the words F1 TV Pro vs F1 TV so who knows about that.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 28, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm holding off on saying what the final pricing is until they actually release what the pricing is, but it's nice that they're finally doing that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Papa John doesn't even run the company anymore, the board kicked him out last year after he bitched about kneeling.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Timby posted:

Papa John doesn't even run the company anymore, the board kicked him out last year after he bitched about kneeling.

The irony is that the right likes to crow about boycotts, but when the left actually does do a boycott, they actually work.

Funny how that poo poo works out, eh?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Also Pizza Hut just jumped on the sponsorship opportunity and the corporate speak from NFL HQ is tremendous:

quote:

"The NFL and pizza appeal to the same demographic, which is everyone," said Renie Anderson, the NFL's senior vice president of partnership and sponsorship management. "Fans watch our game and they do it around a pizza box. That's why it's one of the most important categories in sports sponsorship."

“With a focus on family, friends and fun, Pizza Hut has the creativity we are looking for in a partner and we look forward to working together with them to make the at-home NFL experience more exciting than ever for our fans,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in prepared remarks.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I love press releases where people "say" things that no human being has ever said. OK maybe Darren Rovell but I think he's a robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
FS1 going 3/4 screen to show more ads is pretty bad.

Also sometimes their HD is really bad but from what I understand that might not be their fault.