Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Billzasilver posted:

Haha blast will teach Saitama how to play video games or pass a written exam or build a house, something like that

Blast will introduce him to coupons.
"You wait for super sale days? what a scrub"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RareAcumen posted:

I really don't think there's any romance coming from any of the main cast anytime soon.

Someone made this post in the other thread and I cant post this there

Am I nuts or has the webcomic been teasing Tatsumaki x King

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I think it's the joke that she respects King a lot despite being so quick to judge everyone negatively.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mate, you've seen King, who wouldn't want him?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

I think it's the joke that she respects King a lot despite being so quick to judge everyone negatively.

I don't even think that's a joke, I think that's just how the manga works. Aside from Puri-Puri Prisoner, I don't think there's any romance in it. You've got respect, like everyone minus Saitama with King and Blast but with Tatsumaki not really caring either. And you've got admiration like with the Blizzard Group to Fubuki and Genos to Saitama. And then there's just respect in general for when heroes encounter an S-Class or Mumen Rider towards Saitama.

Personally, I think the closest thing to love in this series is Metal Bat with his sister. He's so drat supportive and proud of her. What a great big brother. And character.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

RareAcumen posted:

I don't even think that's a joke, I think that's just how the manga works. Aside from Puri-Puri Prisoner, I don't think there's any romance in it. You've got respect, like everyone minus Saitama with King and Blast but with Tatsumaki not really caring either. And you've got admiration like with the Blizzard Group to Fubuki and Genos to Saitama. And then there's just respect in general for when heroes encounter an S-Class or Mumen Rider towards Saitama.

Personally, I think the closest thing to love in this series is Metal Bat with his sister. He's so drat supportive and proud of her. What a great big brother. And character.

I agree, I don't think the joke is that Tornado is secretly in love with King, just that she chose King (of all people) to be worthy of her respect.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Meme Emulator posted:

Am I nuts or has the webcomic been teasing Tatsumaki x King

King seems to be one of the few heroes Tatsumaki legitimately respects, but I wouldn't say that's a tease so much as King being so strong that not even Tatsumaki, who doesn't respect loving anyone, can write him off.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

I agree, I don't think the joke is that Tornado is secretly in love with King, just that she chose King (of all people) to be worthy of her respect.

To be fair, he keeps being in the wrong place at the right time, taking credit for Saitama's kills. Finding a guy in the ruins of 3 city blocks with Devastator-sized monster chunks splattered everywhere constantly seems like a reason to respect him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if anything, tatsumaki is tsundere to genos, turning him down when he was the only who offered to attack boros' ship with her

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, she just realises he's utterly useless.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No, she just realises he's utterly useless.

He's had a better track record than Sneck.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You guys can take away the FubukiXSaitama ship from my cold, dead hands. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
genos is like the only other guy with any kind of long range, the S class really specced hard in phys builds huh

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Expect My Mom posted:

genos is like the only other guy with any kind of long range, the S class really specced hard in phys builds huh

Atomic Samurai probably has some sword wave beam slashes but he was busy at the moment.

If he doesn't he needs to get on those stat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Tank Top Master showed that throwing large things is always an option.

Plus, considering Bang's skills, I wouldn't be surprised if he could do that 'punch a candle flame out' thing but more powerfully.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Expect My Mom posted:

Metal Knight has only used ranged attacks that I can remember.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I hope to hell you guys aren't forgetting the Ultimate Hellfire Wavemotion Cannon

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

The final melee skill is obviously a ranged attack

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think part of the reason for the Tatsumaki x King ship is that King is an otaku and some people might think he's into young girls (or young looking in Tatsumaki's case) because of that.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think part of the reason for the Tatsumaki x King ship is that King is an otaku and some people might think he's into young girls (or young looking in Tatsumaki's case) because of that.

No I dont think he says a single thing about her other than peeing his pants in fear when shes around. Shes the one who has a wierd lil soft spot for him.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Have they ever had any interaction besides "good thing king is here too, because he's strong. The rest of s-class sucks."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Billzasilver posted:

Have they ever had any interaction besides "good thing king is here too, because he's strong. The rest of s-class sucks."

No, which is why this conversation is insane.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

No, which is why this conversation is insane.

No, but see, she doesn't hiss like a cobra at him, unlike everyone else. Which means that obviously she wants to bone King just like the Murata thread with Fubuki.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Yeah that is absolutely definitely what romance looks like

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There are several individuals Tatsumaki treats with a vague sort of respect. Usually among the top of S class, King's not exactly the only person. I kind of remember her having some respect for Bang and listening to him and such.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
She was kinda upset with King when he didn't fight the big spaceship.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Meme Emulator posted:

No I dont think he says a single thing about her other than peeing his pants in fear when shes around. Shes the one who has a wierd lil soft spot for him.

I'm pretty sure he mentions seeing her panties once but I couldn't find the panel.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Since it would be spoiler in the Murata version thread. I can't believe it was needed to be plainly stated that the King of the Monsters used to be human for me to realize the similarities with Garou's monster form.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't recall the King of Monsters at all, I'm just waiting to see how Murata handles Homeless Emperor and his vision of "God"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Billzasilver posted:

Yeah that is absolutely definitely what romance looks like

shipping is a disease

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grim posted:

I don't recall the King of Monsters at all, I'm just waiting to see how Murata handles Homeless Emperor and his vision of "God"

I'm 80% sure he's new.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

he is

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Since it would be spoiler in the Murata version thread. I can't believe it was needed to be plainly stated that the King of the Monsters used to be human for me to realize the similarities with Garou's monster form.

You gotta wonder if the reason why the King of Monsters was added in the Murata version was to be a boss fight for Garou to get a more cemented step for his monster power-up. Like 'oh I beat the monster king, now I absorbed his powers', something like that.

We've seen nuttier things in this manga!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Is king of monsters an updated version of the god that powered up hobo emperor? It must be either that or more fodder for garou the secret hero of justice

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

Is king of monsters an updated version of the god that powered up hobo emperor? It must be either that or more fodder for garou the secret hero of justice

that god is too endgame looking to be some mook thats gonna get owned by Garou or an S class

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Billzasilver posted:

Don't let garou hear you call him that

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Nah, hobo God has nothing to do with the monster association, he just uses H.Emperor as his emissary of sorts

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I just want to say that I have been waiting for the royal ripper fight for like 5 years and it was awesome.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Honestly, I kinda growing cold on the Murata version. The latest chapters was pretty boring and all this backstory and additional material really kills the pacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I kind of got the impression that the King of Monsters was just a puppet that Psykos was controlling and using to cement her rule. Similarly to how she is already using the alternate form to pretend to be more of a monster. That might be super redundant tho.