Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Have the Ultra Hards ever been used?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

You Am I posted:

Yeah, once, in Thailand

Were you there for a ripstart?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Human Grand Prix posted:

Have the Ultra Hards ever been used?

Ultra hards are new for this season, but are approximately equivalent to last season's hard, which got used like twice?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/es_Motorsport/status/968830394668867584

Now you can emulate a huge failure online, instead of IRL!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

They should focus on making three to four actually usable compounds available the whole season as opposed to the 18 million options available now where half of them will never be touched.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

https://twitter.com/es_Motorsport/status/968830394668867584

Now you can emulate a huge failure online, instead of IRL!

But enough about posting in this thread.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

They should focus on making three to four actually usable compounds available the whole season as opposed to the 18 million options available now where half of them will never be touched.

You know what scene in life of Brian where they say that they will all agree that Stan should have the right to give birth to babies if he wanted to and there was nothing the Roman oppressors could do about it. I suspect a lot of F1 meetings end up like that. The tyre is useless but the teams have the right to pick it if they want to.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

View from my flat rn. Perfect driving conditions for a beat up Scirocco.

In other news, I'm not confident my flight to Iceland is going to be taking off this weekend. :smith:

That's not bad at all. Unless your airport doesn't have deicing equipment then :rip:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
One time our councils didn’t buy enough salt for the gritters so used table salt.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

One time our councils didn’t buy enough salt for the gritters so used table salt.

That's uh... special.

Then again I live in an area that gets regular snow.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

So will anyone go out on track today? Would be interesting just for the archival footage if nothing else. "Remember that time they raced in the snow...?"

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

So will anyone go out on track today? Would be interesting just for the archival footage if nothing else. "Remember that time they raced in the snow...?"

If I owned a team we would be out on track and if the drivers bitched I would get in like Are Niki did at Jaguar.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

CratSock posted:

Alonso and Ricciardo have been out for a couple of wet laps and came back in

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

That's not bad at all. Unless your airport doesn't have deicing equipment then :rip:

Gf's flight to Jersey was cancelled this morning, it's well documented that Britain is third world when it comes to even the slightest inclement weather.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Gf's flight to Jersey was cancelled this morning, it's well documented that Britain is third world when it comes to even the slightest inclement weather.

Also everything else

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

The Kimoa Kid posted:

You guys aren't thinking like vampiric American capitalists enough. Liberty is a public company, and their shareholders only want revenue growth. Obviously this service is going to be shockingly cheap at first, because that means all of us will subscribe to it, love it, and then say "hell yeah I'll pay another $1/month" every single year for the rest of our sad lives.

You know what, you are totally loving right. The slow trickle.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

Is jersey fun? I was thinking of taking a weekend holiday there in the summer. Island.looks real small

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ilmucche posted:

Is jersey fun? I was thinking of taking a weekend holiday there in the summer. Island.looks real small

No

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ilmucche posted:

Depends if you like racist fucksticks, toxic factories, and- *aide rushes in*

Oh, THAT Jersey.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sneaky Wombat posted:

You know what, you are totally loving right. The slow trickle.

The dumbest among us (talking bout me) are gonna ask "Why am I using up all this disk space on :filez:?" and eventually delete them and be even more locked in to it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

View from my flat rn. Perfect driving conditions for a beat up Scirocco.

In other news, I'm not confident my flight to Iceland is going to be taking off this weekend. :smith:

I'm loving this because the winter has been cold as gently caress here, and it's nice to see someone else suffer for a change.

I was outside in just a shirt all day yesterday :smug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

I'm loving this because the winter has been cold as gently caress here, and it's nice to see someone else suffer for a change.

I drove to school yesterday with my window down :hfive:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

I liked it, no need to take more than a weekend and flights aren't expensive. Plus, duty free.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

It hasn't been as bad as last year in my opinion. The couple of weeks where it was consistently -30c just completely broke the Scirocco.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

It hasn't been as bad as last year in my opinion. The couple of weeks where it was consistently -30c just completely broke the Scirocco.

This year has absolutley been colder. 2017 on the left, 2018 on the right

10-20 degrees colder almost every day. 17 days below -15*c. 8 days below -20*c

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 28, 2018

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

December seemed worse last year, Jan and Feb were worse this year. I've got terrible memory though so you're probably right.

Also I had a car that would leak cold air in while on last year, so that might be influencing my decision.

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 28, 2018

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The teams should consider going out.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

The teams should be out, they're loving pansies.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

Can't wait to see these being used:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s your own fault for choosing to live somewhere that is supposed to be cold.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

Sorry I enjoy seasons.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Everywhere that’s warm year round is awful or awfully expensive.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Sorry I enjoy seasons.

rear end in a top hat :argh:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I'm surprised Nando was able to get into the car and do a lap or two in the early snow, what with his massive balls and all in the car too.

All other drivers that didn't go out should be disqualified from the 2018 championship.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

I'm surprised Nando was able to get into the car and do a lap or two in the early snow, what with his massive balls and all in the car too.

All other drivers that didn't go out should be disqualified from the 2018 championship.

Massive balls = lower center of gravity

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yesterday my ex wrote me that she wanted to talk, me being the loving moron that i am went to see her. long story short she isnt with military man anymore and asked me if i still love her. i dont know what the gently caress, i mean i like her but i dont know. im really sad right now.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 28, 2018

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

yesterday my ex wrote my that she wanted to talk, me being the loving moron that i am went to see her. long story short she isnt with military man anymore and asked me if i still love her. i dont know what the gently caress, i mean i like her but i dont know. im really sad right now.

Dont

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

yesterday my ex wrote my that she wanted to talk, me being the loving moron that i am went to see her. long story short she isnt with military man anymore and asked me if i still love her. i dont know what the gently caress, i mean i like her but i dont know. im really sad right now.

If you get back together with your ex I will start another slapfight itt.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I could go for a POWERSLICE right loving now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I very much do not want to read about this, TIA.

• Locked thread