Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

unfortunately the real thing did not live up to toriyama's concept art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
5% of people who own Celeste have gotten the Platinum. :stare:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think assist mode disables trophies so that's probably why

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

In a way, the endless cycle of reruns without a satisfying ending fits Big O pretty well.

Being thematically appropriate doesn't make it any better though. Oh well. :shrug:

It was going to get a proper ending but the block got a new director who canceled the final season in favor of more poo poo like aqua teen hunger force

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

It was going to get a proper ending but the block got a new director who canceled the final season in favor of more poo poo like aqua teen hunger force

Wow. gently caress that guy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is assist mode? I have been reluctant to turn it on in case it changes the game.

Normally I will play every 'easy easier easiest' mode on every game there is because I take forever to complete games as is.

There is only one genre exception and that is platformers. Platformers are my most favourite game genre and I adore them and play tons of them. (I mean I completed Bart Vs the World to 100% when I was eleven!)

Celeste is kicking my butt hardcore, but it is a good kicking!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

theres a funny story about big o where the director would constantly bag on other directors whose anime were popular on the west

"Oh, you think Azumanga Daioh is popular in the west? Did American fans like it enough to get it a second season on American television? :smug:"

dude rules

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

LeafyOrb posted:

The graphics card price inflation stuff sucks because this is the first time I've wanted to buy a PC and had the money for one in forever.

The best way to go right now is find a prebuilt with the stuff you want since companies have contracts from GPU manufacturers for a set agreed upon price. I ended up ordered a prebuilt rig with a 1080ti that had a new processor, better ram, and a better hard drive then what I have now for basically about 250 more then what the 1080ti is going for as a stand alone component and Nvidia has stated recently that GPU prices will continue to rise until at least Q3 this year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

In general I think I would be more inclined to make fun of the inane, probably in-jokey mantra from the Nintendo loyalist of every game being "perfect for Switch" if I didn't feel dumbly so often inclined to wait for a PS4 release fo things because I'd rather earn trophies over the nothing I'd get if I bought it for other stuff I own.

I also feel like I've earned it because I used to be saying "I'll wait for the Vita version" just because I really like having games available on portable devices.

In many cases....I'm still waiting...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

What is assist mode? I have been reluctant to turn it on in case it changes the game.

Normally I will play every 'easy easier easiest' mode on every game there is because I take forever to complete games as is.

There is only one genre exception and that is platformers. Platformers are my most favourite game genre and I adore them and play tons of them. (I mean I completed Bart Vs the World to 100% when I was eleven!)

Celeste is kicking my butt hardcore, but it is a good kicking!

Assist mode gives you a number of options you can tweak to make the game easier. Just turning it on doesn't change anything and you can turn those options on and off as you need them. Basically it's for if you get completely stuck on a particular challenge and feel like you'll never get past it, you could use assist mode just for that and then keep going without it.

It's a pretty good way of handling it because the game makes it clear that it's not the intended way to play, and encourages you to play without it. But it wants everyone to be able to see everything so it's there if you really need it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It forever taints your save file with a stamp though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

taint stamped again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Help Im Alive posted:

It forever taints your save file with a stamp though

I think a patch changed this and it goes away when you turn it off now.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I think Into The Breach would be a great game for iOS so that's what I'm going to hold out for. I wish FTL was available for the iPhone and not just the iPad. Same with Spacechem.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also regarding Celeste:

I have just gotten to chapter four and I was having the mountain absolutely kick my butt until I reached a patch without the blowing winds and it was back to the old jumping and being precise when I came across a white block that looked like one from my second favourite game of all time SMB3!.

I thought that it looked out of place and wondered if the same trick worked and it utterly did allowing me to get some sort of blue heart! I am an absolute sucker for references to other things and more so when they are things I love so that little secret brought me much glee! I just wonder what the blue heart means.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
It is done, I beat DkS3 with the link the flame and usurp the flame endings and beat both DLCs. I'll come back in a couple months and wrap up some trophies and do the other ending.

On to Monster Hunter :yotj:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LeafyOrb posted:

The graphics card price inflation stuff sucks because this is the first time I've wanted to buy a PC and had the money for one in forever.

All so people can farm literal monopoly money with it only to find out that it's actually worth nothing at all.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

VideoGames posted:

Also regarding Celeste:

I have just gotten to chapter four and I was having the mountain absolutely kick my butt until I reached a patch without the blowing winds and it was back to the old jumping and being precise when I came across a white block that looked like one from my second favourite game of all time SMB3!.

I thought that it looked out of place and wondered if the same trick worked and it utterly did allowing me to get some sort of blue heart! I am an absolute sucker for references to other things and more so when they are things I love so that little secret brought me much glee! I just wonder what the blue heart means.

There's one of those collectibles on every story level. Get to sleuthing, friend.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
This week of surgery recovery at the hospital has convinced me Switch really is a loving amazing system. Mario really takes my thoughts away from being in pain.

I might buy some cute indie game from eshop to play too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think Into The Breach would be a great game for iOS so that's what I'm going to hold out for. I wish FTL was available for the iPhone and not just the iPad. Same with Spacechem.

I think Spacechem on iOS is dead now and never got updated to run on newer devices :( it was kind of a gimped version of the real game anyway but it felt sooo good on my clunky old original ipad

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/968849310052909056

Noctis is actually getting costumes from every PC Gaming-related franchise now.

Please look forward to Doom Marine Noctis.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would buy on uPlay if I got all of the Rainbow Six Siege operator outfits for each FFXV character.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Very surprised FF15 has not done a crossover with TMNT yet.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ah yes the iconic Sims outfits of uhh Plumbob?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/968849310052909056

Noctis is actually getting costumes from every PC Gaming-related franchise now.

Please look forward to Doom Marine Noctis.

noctis m'boy i know it's good to keep an open mind but some outfits are really better kept to the bedroom

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I just realized that Hollow Knight finally released on Switch! I'm excited, I've been looking forward to playing it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Also in other news:

https://twitter.com/PaperBatVG/status/968724132039938048

Imagine confessing to committing a crime thinking nothing is going to come of it at your new job.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also in other news:

Imagine confessing to committing a crime thinking nothing is going to come of it at your new job.

:staredog:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I said come in! posted:

All so people can farm literal monopoly money with it only to find out that it's actually worth nothing at all.

Monopoly money doesn't deserve that comparison, at least you can play Monopoly with it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also in other news:

1) what the gently caress
2) Why does that guy sound like he escaped from a morning zoo radio show? Is this some terrible Twitter mutation of the concept?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also in other news:

There's something about the Internet that causes people to confess the thousands of hosed up stuff they do/did/thought to a faceless audience and I don't get it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well so far March seems to be off to a good start, Life is Strange: Before the Storm wraps up on Monday with a (proper) new Kirby game coming out the following Friday.

How is The World Ends With You? I'm considering picking up the Switch port of that as well when it comes out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Larryb posted:

Well so far March seems to be off to a good start, Life is Strange: Before the Storm wraps up on Monday with a (proper) new Kirby game coming out the following Friday.

How is The World Ends With You? I'm considering picking up the Switch port of that as well when it comes out.

It's great

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Andrast posted:

It's great

I'm somewhat familiar with the story already but what's the actual gameplay like? Is the combat turn based or is it more of an action RPG?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

I'm somewhat familiar with the story already but what's the actual gameplay like? Is the combat turn based or is it more of an action RPG?

It's totally an action rpg. Remains to be seen how well it will work on the Switch but it's a great game.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

raditts posted:

Yunica is like the more melee-focused Ys 1 combat whereas Hugo is like the ranged magic focused combat of Ys 2
I wonder what it is in the Fact bloodline that makes them all traitors who throw in with the monsters and only sometimes redeem themselves, though.

Missed out on Big O chat, but I loved the first season and felt the second season turned into some Evangelion level incomprehensible nonsense with a non-ending and kind of soured me on the show as a whole.

I Don't Like Anime

but Big O owns

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

It's totally an action rpg. Remains to be seen how well it will work on the Switch but it's a great game.

Ah, I assume there was a lot of touch screen interaction in the original then. Does the Switch version have a release date yet?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

goferchan posted:

I think a patch changed this and it goes away when you turn it off now.

If this is true the devs are cowards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also in other news:

on one hand, she could have just been making a very dark joke. on the other hand, still a weird joke to make, on the other hand,

https://twitter.com/PaperBatVG/status/968726160782839808

:thinking:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

MMF Freeway posted:

Ah yes the iconic Sims outfits of uhh Plumbob?

one of the sims' things is llamas and these are llama final fantasy monsters i guess

• Locked thread