Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

twistedmentat posted:

Jemma might get ideas if she finds out there are 2 fitzs around.

"I hear chopping, but I don't hear digging!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
In the original timeline Fitz didn't go into deep freeze until six months or so after everyone else was taken. He spent all that time locked up, remember?

This means, if everyone goes back to the same point they left, there will definitely two Fitzes, but both will be awake.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Is it gay if the two Fitzes hook-up, or just masturbation?

...um..er..asking for a friend.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

In the original timeline Fitz didn't go into deep freeze until six months or so after everyone else was taken. He spent all that time locked up, remember?

This means, if everyone goes back to the same point they left, there will definitely two Fitzes, but both will be awake.

Well everything Yoyo said indicates that simply going back isn't gonna change things. They're still stuck in the events of the original timeline for now, so I think they're gonna return after Fitz had left.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Guys, I'm guessing the reason there was a Fitz in future-flashback scenes was this:

Fitz timeline:

1: Does not get picked up by Enoch for the venture forward through time.
2: Gets picked up by the US Government and chills for 6 months.
3: Goes to Enoch, gets frozen.
4: Gets unfrozen in the future, saves everyone, -> COMES BACK THROUGH TIME WITH THEM <-
5: Continues on from the point of time when everyone comes back in 2018, presumably to his eventual-end in the future's past timeline.

I highly doubt SHIELD of 2018 is able to locate Enoch's vessel, with Fitz in cold storage, hiding out in the Sol system in a way that keeps even the Kree from going 'hey what u doin here fucko this our cracked-up planet now' in the future.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 19, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its never going to be brought up again because we're all just nerds overthinking things.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

Guys, I'm guessing the reason there was a Fitz in future-flashback scenes was this:

Fitz timeline:

1: Does not get picked up by Enoch for the venture forward through time.
2: Gets picked up by the US Government and chills for 6 months.
3: Goes to Enoch, gets frozen.
4: Gets unfrozen in the future, saves everyone, -> COMES BACK THROUGH TIME WITH THEM <-
5: Continues on from the point of time when everyone comes back in 2018, presumably to his eventual-end in the future's past timeline.

I highly doubt SHIELD of 2018 is able to locate Enoch's vessel, with Fitz in cold storage, hiding out in the Sol system in a way that keeps even the Kree from going 'hey what u doin here fucko this our cracked-up planet now' in the future.

None of this is what's being talked about though. Assuming they break the "loop", Fitz still left on the ship before the timelines diverge so if they save the earth there's still a frozen Fitz out there with no purpose any more. It might never come up again but it's still kind of a weird consequence of the two different methods of getting to the future.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

None of this is what's being talked about though. Assuming they break the "loop", Fitz still left on the ship before the timelines diverge so if they save the earth there's still a frozen Fitz out there with no purpose any more. It might never come up again but it's still kind of a weird consequence of the two different methods of getting to the future.

This was a problem with getting to the future as well, depending on how you view what the original timeline was.

Assuming there was an original timeline before the time loops started, SHIELD isn't taken to the future, the world is destroyed, the time machine is built, then they grab SHIELD. A second timeline starts, only if Fitz is freezing himself, he's not making the time machine. This timeline requires Dr. Who timey-wimey logic, where the characters are capable of making changes to the timeline, while the plot employs a fatalist approach so characters can rely on their future actions to get themselves out of otherwise impossible situations.

SHIELD is in the first timeline, Fitz is in the second, and the second timeline should be one that plays out without SHIELD or Fitz while Fitz sleeps, so Fitz wakes up without SHIELD on the lighthouse because no-one made the time machine, but that doesn't happen. Similarly, if the second timeline is improved and the world isn't destroyed, then you strand Fitz in the future, because he's only travelling through time, not timelines.

Alternatively, you can employ a pure fatalist approach. There was no original timeline, and they are in a self-sustaining paradoxical situation. They have always been abducted by the time machine, which they then go on to build in the past. Fitz can reach SHIELD in the future, because of his immutable fate leading to the creation of the time machine. But we know this isn't the case either, because there's no way the show ends with the destruction of the earth, so it's safe to say the characters are capable of changing their fates.

The only logical answer is that Enoch's ship is capable of crossing timelines, and he didn't tell Fitz because he knew it would mess with Fitz's fatalist view of time, and he is trolling Fitz in payback for Fitz pulling gun on him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ubik_Lives posted:

Alternatively, you can employ a pure fatalist approach. There was no original timeline, and they are in a self-sustaining paradoxical situation. They have always been abducted by the time machine, which they then go on to build in the past. Fitz can reach SHIELD in the future, because of his immutable fate leading to the creation of the time machine. But we know this isn't the case either, because there's no way the show ends with the destruction of the earth, so it's safe to say the characters are capable of changing their fates.

This is what the show has indicated so far, both in the Robin flashbacks, and Yoyo's description of events. I don't think the "original timeline" existed because Robin would always have taken action to prevent it.

How they can break out of that I don't know, but obviously they will somehow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Apoplexy posted:

"I hear chopping, but I don't hear digging!"

I love the image of Jemma laying in a hammock while two Fitz's work for her is amazing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Where was frozen Fitz? "In orbit behind Jupiter" or something like that? Even in a show with as much sci fi poo poo as AoS, if they took that 4 word description and managed to locate Fitz's ship that would really strain credulity. We're still finding moons kilometers wide around Jupiter today and no one made any effort to hide those. Which is to say nothing about actually going out there and getting him and bringing him back.

Much like the pressing last season question of "What happens to all the very real and living people in the framework now" the answer to "What happens to frozen Fitz" is nothing, nothing at all.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fitz will float in space until the universe needs him again

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If they manage to change the timeline, Fitz will die and they'll wake up Time Remnant Fitz, leaving Jemma with a Fitz who never experienced the space station stuff with her.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Argue posted:

If they manage to change the timeline, Fitz will die and they'll wake up Time Remnant Fitz, leaving Jemma with a Fitz who never experienced the space station stuff with her.

And was never a space bounty hunter? Aw. :smith:

Edit: but yeah, that's the most obvious "out"

Edit: or Gemma still dies and Fitz hooks up with Fitz instead.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

I'd watch that :quagmire:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aleph Null posted:

Hunter the Space Bounty Hunter?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
So they've been keeping most of the 100th episode's cast list under wraps -- it's normally out by now -- but I was looking through the show's recent red carpet photos, and, not gonna lie, if even half the actors who turned up cameo in the 100th, I'll be super happy.

Full list, roughly in order of excitement: Spencer Treat Clark (Von Strucker jr.), Maya Stojan (Agent 33), Brian Patrick Wade (The Absorbing Man), Constance Zimmer (Rosalind Price), Jason O'Mara (Mace) and Brett Dalton (Ward). Dichen Lachman (Jaiying) was apparently there as well.

Also all the female regulars wore suits (and looked amazing) and Clark Gregg wore sneakers.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Here's some promo posters for the episode. Shows some interesting cast members, probably don't look if you want to be surprised.

Also, apparently we'll find out Coulson's deal with Ghost Rider.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

nashona posted:

Here's some promo posters for the episode. Shows some interesting cast members, probably don't look if you want to be surprised.

Each poster is a tribute to each of the five seasons, they aren’t previews of episode 100.

Edit : official link about them: https://news.marvel.com/tv/82157/marvel-debuts-marvels-agents-s-h-e-l-d-road-100-art-program/

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 25, 2018

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

So the showrunners are on record saying that they are writing the fifth season finale to function as a series finale as well if ABC decides to ruin our lives.

Nice to know things won't end on a cliffhanger but I will be super bummed if we're in the closing stretch.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Gnarwin posted:

So the showrunners are on record saying that they are writing the fifth season finale to function as a series finale as well if ABC decides to ruin our lives.

Nice to know things won't end on a cliffhanger but I will be super bummed if we're in the closing stretch.

I'm glad they're doing that but I really hope we get a 6th season. I mean I'd love more, but 6 seems like the golden standard of where series end at their peak. That said, if the show does end this season though I can't help but feel as if it'd pulled off the rare feet of an upright trajectory in quality from start to finish though. Even if you liked the Framework plot better or the time travel stuff hurt people's heads, there's no arguing the show is firing on all cylinders right now. If this was the show that people got in Season 1 we'd likely be in a different conversation right now.

AoS is my ultimate example of a "first impression" issue and how hard it is to win back TV viewers.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I don't want it to end by any means, but with infinity war coming up, it'd be a lot simpler than dancing around "oh btw thanos killed half the universe nbd

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

edit: Wrong thread, idea, whatevr. Sorry.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't want it to end by any means, but with infinity war coming up, it'd be a lot simpler than dancing around "oh btw thanos killed half the universe nbd

That's only a problem when going from TV to movies, not movies to TV. Season 2's major plot twist revolved around when Hydra took over SHIELD in Captain America 2. You think, after starting this season on a mysterious space station in some unidentified future, they'd have have an issue with having next season take place in whatever disaster setting they're left with after Infinity War?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Phenotype posted:

That's only a problem when going from TV to movies, not movies to TV. Season 2's major plot twist revolved around when Hydra took over SHIELD in Captain America 2. You think, after starting this season on a mysterious space station in some unidentified future, they'd have have an issue with having next season take place in whatever disaster setting they're left with after Infinity War?

Hydra took over SHIELD in season 1. Season 2's major twist was the Inhumans reveal. And as for the end of the show, I'd be glad if it ended not only on a decent note but also without any cliffhangers or sequel hooks.

EDIT: While it's almost a given the show will do something to tie-in to the Avengers movie, do you think it will do something for Black Panther?

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 1, 2018

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Mraagvpeine posted:

EDIT: While it's almost a given the show will do something to tie-in to the Avengers movie, do you think it will do something for Black Panther?

"Guys, check out my new arm! It's this new tech from some place called 'Wakanda.' Who knew, right? Anyway. Back to the main plot."

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

i would kill to have a Wakandan character, or a Dora Milaje or someone hang out on the show for an arc. Maybe something. tthat could happen in a Season 6

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Someone give Mack a vibranium shotgun axe

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Thanos split the Earth in half. Spoiler alert.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SpartanIvy posted:

Someone give Mack a vibranium shotgun axe

Vibranium doesn't work with guns, since the bullets absorb the shock meant to propel them. It's a plot point in Black Panther.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bruceski posted:

Vibranium doesn't work with guns, since the bullets absorb the shock meant to propel them. It's a plot point in Black Panther.

Uh, the axe is vibranium?

Duh-doy!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Phylodox posted:

Uh, the axe is vibranium?

Duh-doy!

I'll allow it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Bruceski posted:

Is vibranium magnetic? Could you make a gauss rifle that shoots vibranium projectiles

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm glad they're doing that but I really hope we get a 6th season. I mean I'd love more, but 6 seems like the golden standard of where series end at their peak. That said, if the show does end this season though I can't help but feel as if it'd pulled off the rare feet of an upright trajectory in quality from start to finish though. Even if you liked the Framework plot better or the time travel stuff hurt people's heads, there's no arguing the show is firing on all cylinders right now. If this was the show that people got in Season 1 we'd likely be in a different conversation right now.

AoS is my ultimate example of a "first impression" issue and how hard it is to win back TV viewers.

I agree but only because I'd hate for this show to get less seasons than Last Man Standing.

Jusupov posted:

Is vibranium magnetic? Could you make a gauss rifle that shoots vibranium projectiles

Well at one point BP jumps on a car and his feet and hands light up so I'd have to say yes. Either that's a yes or his technician figured out how to make that happen.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm super bummed that we'll never get a Shuri and FitzSimmons teamup.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

PunkBoy posted:

I'm super bummed that we'll never get a Shuri and FitzSimmons teamup.

Fitz has enough problems without adding an inferiority complex.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm sure vibranium is magnetic when the plot requires it to be.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Or you could make it as a railgun, that wouldn't require the vibranium to be magnetic, just conductive. :science:

I'm not sure vibranium would make a good bullet though. I guess it's basically a magic metal/rock though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Or you could make it as a railgun, that wouldn't require the vibranium to be magnetic, just conductive. :science:

I'm not sure vibranium would make a good bullet though. I guess it's basically a magic metal/rock though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

What are you talking about? It'd be a great bullet, haven't you seen Captain America's shield? You'd shoot someone and the gun would reload with the same bullet immediately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cap's shield either bounces or embeds depending on the required coolness. It absorbs energy, i doubt a kinetic round would work as planned, it'd either not work right or go through the planet.