Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Look when you're gonna run with a cliché, you better loving run with it.

Yeah, like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love this reveal as it caught me off guard but also made perfect sense once it had happened.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ahhh, if only the frenzy of the oren DR1 thread had made it to this

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S JUNKOS ALWAYS JUNKOOOOS AHAHAHAHA

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

rannum posted:

ahhh, if only the frenzy of the oren DR1 thread had made it to this

Consider me a mosquito trapped in amber, just now emerging as if no time had passed at all.

(I read oren's OP live then forgot about Dangan Rompa for approx. 5 years, then jumped back in roughly about where I left off, all while managing to remain unspoilered somehow)

So yeah, this is pretty fun! What a hell of a long time to wait for a payoff, and there's still more to come.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Heres a weird thought: if everybody here has bits of Junko sewn onto them, maybe thats why monokuma appeared. Also, I guess Virtual junko wants to kill everyone so every other part of her dies so she can die herself? Somthing along those lines maybe. Though theres still a lot of questions here.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hah! Called it :smug: Monobear is still Junko. But is this AI Junko or what?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Very thoughtful of Junko to give them a smaller Junko to look at so their necks don't get tired from looking up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Of course the main villain was giant Junko.

FPzero posted:

: Huh...is that e-mail for real? The Future Foundation tried to kill us?
: Hold on! We'll deal with that later!
: Hey Monokuma... Those clues we found were all real, right?

Akane is being smart? What the heck.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Of course it had to be Junko. It's Junkos all the way down.

That was a nice reveal with some nice creepy music.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's Junko, it's always Junko :sigh:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
While I enjoyed this part the video shows something I'm not a fan of - Junko is always jiggling when she moves and it's just embarrassing.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Of course the main villain was giant Junko.

Akane is being smart? What the heck.

Akane's definitely on the dumber side, but she's cunning in a way.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
And something that gets overlooked while discussing the depravities of the Ultimate Despairs ... all the information about implanted organs and necrophilia comes from someone who is an extremely unreliable source. So all that speculation you engaged in on the last couple of pages? You were playing right into Junko's hands. She got you again.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
IT'S ME, HAJIME

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, HAJIME

YOU ALL BOUGHT IT

EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

TheDavies posted:

And something that gets overlooked while discussing the depravities of the Ultimate Despairs ... all the information about implanted organs and necrophilia comes from someone who is an extremely unreliable source. So all that speculation you engaged in on the last couple of pages? You were playing right into Junko's hands. She got you again.

we do know that nagito has a girl-hand at least

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

resurgam40 posted:

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S JUNKOS ALWAYS JUNKOOOOS AHAHAHAHA

It's Junkos all the way down!

I kinda miss the insanity of the original thread, we would of had 7 pages of frenzy posting. I'm glad I held off spoiling myself, cause the sheer WTF of this should be savored.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

yes now I can post this

also when I played this section I was :allears: the entire goddamn time. or maybe :syoon: is more accurate.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: Wow... She got big between games...

: Wh-What...what's going on...?

: A-Am I hallucinating...?

: I-I know anything goes here...but this...this is clearly not loving okay...!

: I seeeee, so that's your reaction to seeing an extra-large high school girl...

: ...But are they really that big? Don't you think they're pretty small?
: Sh-She's huge! She's way too huge!
: Huh? But the final boss in a certain action game is much bigger.

: You know, *that* game. Knifearella!
: She said it anyway!

: ...

: I see, I see... An estimated bust size of fifteen meters, huh. My boobs are hopelessly huge... Hey, hey...want me to squish you in between them? Big boobs feel good, y'know?
: I-I'd get loving crushed!

: If this was a pandering fanservice game full of pretty girls, there'd be a CG close-up of my cleavage but...
: Too bad! This isn't a fanservice game! Of course, since it's not an action game either, you won't even get to experience the refreshing sensation of battling an enormous final boss!

: Kyahahaha! Soooooo fuckin' hopeless!
: Th-This is...Monokuma's true identity...?
: We...we have to deal with this thing?
: I'm *shocked* you'd call me "this thing!" Oh, you're sooooo mean!

: Um...is it just me or did her personality change...?
: I get easily bored of my personality. ...Like, I already got bored of my personality who gets easily bored.
: And that's when Fuyuhiko would say, "It's too drat soon to say you got bored!" right!?
: ...Wait, what!?

: I have pleeeeenty of data on you guys, so it's sooooo easy for me to know what you're all thinking!
: Y-You are not bored at all!

: I got bored of getting bored... Jeez...even when I'm dead I still get bored... This sucks...

Even when you're dead...does that mean...? I-Is this person's...true identity...

> Junko Enoshima

: A-Are you...Junko Enoshima?
: Did you say Junko Enoshima...!? Isn't she dead!?
: It's true...I did end up dying the last time...
: I-I'm sorry, okay...I didn't mean to go so fast... I-I couldn't help it, you know...it was my first time... Jeez! Stupid! You're the one who made me go!
: A-And why is someone who died...here right now?

: Do you guys know about an artificial intelligence called Alter Ego?

...Huh?

: Exuberance! We are now an AI! We have transcended humanity!
: Wh-What AI...? Stop saying all this crazy bullshit...
: You see, my personality is like this because I'm the type who dies easily, right? That's why I made my own AI program while I was still alive...

: And then, someone uploaded me into this Neo World Program...
: And that's how Alter Ego Junko hopelessly appeared in front of you guys!

Th-That's insane... This insane bitch is Junko Enoshima...

She's...responsible for everything... The destruction of Hope's Peak Academy... The destruction of the world... The one who took over the Neo World Program and forced us to kill each other... It was all this bitch's doing...!

: ...

...Even so, what am I supposed to do?

Even if we know she's Junko Enoshima...

: Don't get cautious and think stuff like, "What can we do!?" I mean, we're all Ultimate Despair here!
: Each and every one of our classmates looked at us like we're a bunch of loogies on the side of the road...
: So let's all be friends!
: H-Hell no!

Music cuts out.

: Man, they hate me... And I was thinking of you guys when I tampered with the Graduation Program...but they still hate me...

Huh!?

: Tampered...with the Graduation Program?
: Remember what that fake Makoto said earlier? About what happens to you when you graduate, right?
: I feel like you guys weren't getting a big enough reward for graduating...
: Soooo I decided to modify what happens so it's something exciting and unique, just like a game!

: Uploading your game memories into your real bodies is fine, but letting your friends stay dead just sucks...
: That's why I decided to resurrect them! This is the new Graduation Program I'm offering!

: R-Resurrect...?
: Hey! A-Are you serious!? Can you really do that!?

: It wash like reeeeaaaaal hard, y'know!? The Graduashun Program ish the core part of thish game, so it wash protected with a lot of encrypted codesh! It took me a long time! I felt sho much deshpair about how ushelessh I am!
: Well, one advantage of being an AI is that I got smarter with computers. Before that, every time my computer froze, I used to put it in the microwave and nuke it...

: Show of hands, class, how long do you think it took for me to modify it?
: Who cares about that!? Are you serious when you say that everyone who died will come back to life!?
: Didja forget? You gotta answer questions to progress the story. That's the rule of this game, right?
: By the way, I'll give you a clue... You guys were always watching time slip away at a certain place...
: So you're not gonna tell us...until we answer that...!?

We're...completely at her mercy. But if we can't progress unless we answer...we have no choice...but to answer...!

How long it took for Junko Enoshima to modify the Graduation Program... She said we were watching how long it took. If so...the "certain place" we were watching that was...

> Jabberwock Park

: The countdown at Jabberwock Park... That's the only place we can think of...

: That's the only place we consistently watched that has anything to do with time.
: Then that countdown represented the time that was needed to modify the program...

: How brilliant...ly wrooooooooooooong! Haha, you're totally wrong about that tricky timer!
: W-Wrong...!? Then what was it!?
: How should I put this...? I was just...goofing around?

...Huh?

: I mean, isn't stuff you don't understand exciting even though you don't get it!? It's kinda like superhero cosplayers, or someone else's designs of alien life and stuff, right?
: I-It was...just for show?
: In the end, it was meaningless. Does that fill you with despair, like getting booted from a game server?
: You know those murder mysteries where the culprit is really the detective who's investigating the murder...?
: Well I'm soooooo over predictable crap like that! Just what did you expect at this stage of the game!?

: Sh-She's...she's seriously messed up...!
: Well, in a way... The countdown implied I was on a mission! Did you ever make up silly rules, like "don't step off the white line when you cross the road"?
: I was testing myself to see if I could get you guys into the graduation program before the timer reached zero...
: Enough... Please stop...
: Don't be so disappointed. It's totally true, I had a hard time manipulating the program. While you guys were at the beach making wrinkly dog faces, I was working soooo hard on my own, you know.

: Hey, enough with this pointless crap! Are you seriously going to resurrect everyone who died!?
: Like I said, it's eaaaaaa-*yawn*-sy. It's just a game after all.

Just...a game?

: Yeaaaah... Each and every thing that happened in this world was just an event within the game. There's no way anything that occurred in the game could affect the real world...
: What you're saying now is completely different from what you said before...
: You said whether or not it's a lie, the moment you feel something is real, it becomes real...

: The game where you throw my words back at me is over! So you don't really have to worry about it!

Music fades out.

: ...Fine, I won't worry about it.
: H-Hey...!

: Who loving cares about logic!? As long as everyone who died comes back to life, that's good enough!
: But...if we do not understand the principles behind it, then we do not even know if it is really possible...
: Anything goes in this world! You've seen that happen so many times already, right!?
: Well, if a high school girl can get huge, then it's not crazy if the dead can come back to life...right?
: If she's saying that's how she tampered with a computer program... How are we supposed to respond to that?
: That's right! That's why you should finish this game and go back to living a normal life in the real world!

: If we go back, what do you get out of it?
: ...Hm?
: What benefit do you get by making us return to the real world? As long as we don't know what it is...

: Maaaaaan, soooo annoying! You're so petty! It's not like you're a housewife living on a tight budget!
: All I want is to put on this graduation performance in a more dramatic way.
: Well, if you doubt me, you don't have to go back. Is that what you want? Not to go back?

: H-Hold on a sec! We're obviously going to get out of here...! If it'll bring our dead friends back, it's all we can do!
: Of course! We've been workin' toward that goal for, like, forever!
: Because we had that goal... We were able to endure those killings...
: Plus, everyone can go back together! So there's no reason to hesitate!
: Y-You are right... There is no way we can choose to stay here after all we've been through...

: Just as expected from the winners of this killing school trip, your will to live is truly "Ultimate"...
: Wonderful! That's just more reason for you to execute your role as devices!

...Devices?

: Okay, now let's stop stalling for time with exposition, and hurry up and do it...
: Now then, why don't you guys just go ahead and answer with the touch panel that's in front of you!

: I'm gonna do it. I'm seriously gonna do it. If you don't hurry up, I'm seriously really gonna doooo it.
: You don't hafta say, "Who're you talking to?"! It doesn't concern a chump like you, Hajime!
: Ch-Chump...?

: Don't worry about it... Everything's gonna be over once we press this.

: So, we just hafta press "Graduate," right?

: If we do that...we can go home, right?

I can go back...

With this, I can finally go back...

He's right... With this, we can finally go back. This will be the end...

And our friends who died will be saved... That's way beyond what we expected.

Then...it's safe to say that this is the good ending, right?

: What...should we choose?

FPzero fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 2, 2018

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, I forgot how much fun Junko is.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Wait a minute...

I had always wondered when and why they moved positions. They were moving away from the big Junko :allears:.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

at first due to the weird shading, I thought Junko was bleeding from her eyes until I realize that's her nails.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
I love how, for whatever reason, one of Junko's new poses...

...is her imitating Genocider Syo.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hahaha absolutely not, no no no, doing what the bad guy says, even if it sounds like a good idea, always leads to a Bad End. Chiaki would've known that.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I've said this before, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but... if you have the good fortune to be experiencing this series for the first time, you need to watch the video. No, I don't care how good you are at imagining your own voices to accompany the images you read- The voice-work on these games in both languages is good to great, and Junko knocks it out of the park in particular. Every pose you see Junko make is accompanied by a different voice with a different manner and tone... it's astonishing to listen to. Like my new favorite voice:

FPzero posted:

: It wash like reeeeaaaaal hard, y'know!? The Graduashun Program ish the core part of thish game, so it wash protected with a lot of encrypted codesh! It took me a long time! I felt sho much deshpair about how ushelessh I am!

This wasn't in DR1, and I think I laughed for five straight minutes the first time I saw it. Aw man, too long away from good Junko (and overexposure to bad imitations of her) makes me forget just how amazingly well she straddles the line of being hilarious and entertaining while simultaneously being the most horrifying monster possible. It really is great.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Erin Fitzgerald and Amanda Miller are treasures.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think cartoon Junko is supposed to be a Doraemon reference.

FPzero posted:

: And that's when Fuyuhiko would say, "It's too drat soon to say you got bored!" right!?
: ...Wait, what!?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Doraemon makes since given who Monokuma's japanese voice actor was. I noticed the Dio!Pose Junko is absent... least so far.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think cartoon Junko is supposed to be a Doraemon reference.

Considering who voiced Monokuma in Japanese, I'm sure it definitely is.

By the way, if the blinking input line at the end wasn't clear, there's a mini thread vote here. What should we choose?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Graduate, of course. What could go wrong?! :v:

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
The video doesn't appear to lead anywhere, by the way.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Choose nothing and have all our friends turn on us chanting "apathy is death"

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
We've got as far as we have by stalling out every single trial after we started reaching consensus. No reason to stop now!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why's this game gotta be so grossly horny all the drat time?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Cyouni posted:

The video doesn't appear to lead anywhere, by the way.

Looks like Polsy is down right now. Here's another link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0So3Xl18Hs

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think Junko is only being ironically horny, but yeah, that's a thing the series does. Wearily often.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I can't watch the video because polsy link isn't working :(

edit: beaten to the punch :v:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I've temporarily edited a direct video link into the start of the update as well as a couple posts above.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

RiffRaff1138 posted:

I love how, for whatever reason, one of Junko's new poses...

...is her imitating Genocider Syo.

Speaking of which, I think other new ones appear to be Naegi (standard, awkward smile) and Byakuya (crossed arms). No idea who the blushing one is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Nothing

Because of few reasons. but repeating will just make this charade go on longer, and I have a few feelings as to how graduating will turn out at this stage, and none of those outcomes are good. Even assuming she's telling the truth.

I am hoping Makoto proper shows up in the trial later though. I'm sure he can answer some questions I still have. Like for instance, which insane maniac decided to upload alter-ego Junko Enoshima to this program.

• Locked thread