Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

quote:

Given the nature of the season — pitting new players against not only each other, but specters of Survivor past as well — Probst says it was crucial to make sure the cast was filled with as many genuine Survivor fans as humanly possible.

"Massively important," he says about the decision to cast fans. "It was really the only criteria, that they had to be super fans, or they have a really good knowledge of the game. They don't have to be super fans. But that was fun.
Not the only criteria, Jeff

Big Taint posted:

This whole cast is hot as gently caress. Hopefully some of them have brains.

Pony: Dominick
Poison: everyone younger than 24

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Are we sure this isn’t Survivor: Goon Island where Jacob tries to survive amongst everyday society without mentioning pants making GBS threads?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ApplesandOranges posted:

Desiree's swimsuit confuses me.

James' pecs frighten me.

Desiree seems like first boot material.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Desiree seems like first boot material.

Why is that?

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

She's one of like three non-white people, for one.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My poison is actually Laurel. She's distastefully cocky.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Has anyone who ever says "I'm gonna be the smartest one there!" Have that remotely turn out to be true?

I think I may dislike Dominick a bit more though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not someone who makes pre-show predictions, but yeah, generally if you're the kind of person who goes into the game thinking "I'm just smarter than everyone else" then you're probably not the kind of person who really has the necessary skills to win this game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've been reading the pre-cast interviews and I love that anytime someone gets asked 'any ethical boundaries like lying, etc.?' almost all of them immediately go 'yes but I'm not gonna stoop to Varner's level'. To be fair, Game Changers was the last season they watched so it'd be fresh in their minds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, it is basically the new standard.

"Sure, I'd lie and said my grandma died or destroy people's property for fun but I'd never out someone. That's hosed up."

God help the bastard who sets the next bar.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, it is basically the new standard.

"Sure, I'd lie and said my grandma died or destroy people's property for fun but I'd never out someone. That's hosed up."

God help the bastard who sets the next bar.

I'm trying really hard to figure out what posibilities is there even to set the next bar with words only.

Is there even anything more worse than what he did?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Um. I don't know. Outright racial slurs or white nationalism as a tribal tactic? Mocking a newly dead relative?

I dunno. Just never doubt man's ability to sink to new lows.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

STAC Goat posted:

Um. I don't know. Outright racial slurs or white nationalism as a tribal tactic? Mocking a newly dead relative?

I dunno. Just never doubt man's ability to sink to new lows.

So something along lines: "I'm voting you out because you are adopted from non white country and you should be ashamed that your adoptive mother recently died as well that you come play survivor when you should be home feeling ashamed that your master is dead. Kinds like you don't belong to survivor."

Yeah thats so hosed up that I would most likely end up in Fijian prison if I was in the victims shoes.

Nexal fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 28, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well Big Brother has managed to have "Why don't you kill yourself like you father did?", "That's why your mother abandoned you, because youre trash", and outright racist bullying. So things can always go lower.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

STAC Goat posted:

Well Big Brother has managed to have "Why don't you kill yourself like you father did?", "That's why your mother abandoned you, because youre trash", and outright racist bullying. So things can always go lower.

That's so hosed. I actually wonder what hosed up stuff has been said or done in survivor but didn't make to the cameras or producers decided not to include it in the show (etc winner of a season saying something that would contradict the storyline they want to give him).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, Corrine and Will Sims got pretty darn close there.

And while she's not exactly reviled, Courtney Yates made fun of a miscarriage.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sure some of our bigger Survivor villains probably had some really bad lines we'll never know about. And probably some of our Survivor heroes too. Hell, I'm always a little suspicious when a Big Brother villain goes to Survivor or Amazing Race and comes off better. But who knows?

Those things I remember off the top of my head all made shows and one was on live tv, so Survivors could always sink lower and we see it given time and opportunity. Its a rough thing when we watch shows about pressing people to their edges to show who they are.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would bet there are a lot of hate speech lines on the editing room floor, these are people who are sometimes going days without eating or sleeping and spending 24+ hours straight getting rained on while they stare at nothing. Honestly it's amazing to me that they ever say anything coherent, sometimes.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

It's almost time! :holy:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If Laurel isn't the first person voted out on her tribe, I'll eat this post.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

If Laurel isn't the first person voted out on her tribe, I'll eat this post.

:toxx:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Getting ready for a 2 hour episode.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ZestyTangibleAfricanfisheagle.mp4

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

.TakaM posted:

It's almost time! :holy:

And here I am stuck in mountain time being unable to livepost with you all :'(

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I look forward to 20 idols being found and played within the first few episodes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blue squares posted:

And here I am stuck in mountain time being unable to livepost with you all :'(

lol move to a real time zone

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Oh wow we're choosing the black ladies for the puzzles? I wonder if they're trying to intentionally be "look I'm not racist"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I feel bad for anyone who gets a slider puzzle foisted on them before reaching camp.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Crazy nonsense to start this poo poo.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I don't understand the stakes for this even slightly :lol:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Shneak posted:

I don't understand the stakes for this even slightly :lol:
Winner gets fishing gear, eggs (chicken?), and flint. You can concede early and guarantee fishing gear. e: Shelter kit?

What a great poo poo stirring opener.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Winner gets fishing gear, eggs (chicken?), and flint. You can concede early and guarantee fishing gear.

Well the winning tribe only gets the eggs if the other tribe forfeits...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was stupid and forfeiting was the right decision

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was stupid and forfeiting was the right decision

:hai:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Holllllyyyyyyyyyy poo poo this guy's voice

I don't know why I expected anything less from someone named Donathan

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He should run against that Kim Davis lady

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Goddamn Donathan :laffo:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Whoa, I got a black friend now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am so glad they are subbing Donathon :lol:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

She sounds like a pretty lovely Career Counselor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am on board with the Florida Bro alliance. This will end spectacularly.

• Locked thread