Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The kid was supposed to kill the snake for valor and extra protein.
What sort of wusses are you raising Australia?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The kid was supposed to kill the snake for valor and extra protein.
What sort of wusses are you raising Australia?!

Killing snakes is illegal.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Australian kids are desensitized to snakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9504wzdtNI

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
also a baby brown snake will kill you just as dead as an adult will so leave wrangling them to experts

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

In a world where Popeye’s exists, there is no reason to put up with any poo poo from second-rate chicken peddlers.

Popeyes doesn’t have the same reach. The nearest one to their house is like 25 minutes away.

Leon Black
Sep 2, 2004

Say whaaaat?

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

In a world where Popeye’s exists, there is no reason to put up with any poo poo from second-rate chicken peddlers.

There are also only 3 Popeye’s in the UK (that I can see), so it's not exactly an option for a lot of people.

Edit: Unlikely to be legit Popeyes, so we have 0.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Popeyes v KFC is just about what thing you grew up with. Popeyes/Church's/Bojangles etc are OK but I don't ever have cravings for them like I occasionally do for KFC.

Honestly if KFC served Coke products instead of Pepsi I would probably go a lot more often so I'm sort of glad they don't. It's hardly health food.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

And she definitely didn't just short it herself?

Jesus Christ. The idea of being famous enough to be able to short a stock, poo poo talk them on twitter, and then potentially make millions.

I'm old and this world is weird.

(I honestly wonder if there's any SEC rules that doing something like that would violate.)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Boy, is his face red.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Tony Phillips posted:

Jesus Christ. The idea of being famous enough to be able to short a stock, poo poo talk them on twitter, and then potentially make millions.

(I honestly wonder if there's any SEC rules that doing something like that would violate.)

I ran it by a friend who does compliance for an investment bank. Formatting is of because it was several text messages.

quote:

You could maybe get her on market manipulation if she had put on a short before doing it but not insider trading; she didn't have any inside information.

I'm sure they looked at trading in the stock prior to the tweet

The more I think about it it's not that insane of a question. Someone definitely got told to look at trading in SNAP leading up to the tweet and if anyone put on large shorts or a large Put position, they'd check who it was and for any connection to her/her businesses

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Rule_10b-5

"Employment of manipulative devices" 10b5 is a catch all for a large portion of most Compliance programs

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Tony Phillips posted:

It didn't come out of nowhere, I was just speculating on the reverse of what many celebs already do such as Ashton Kutcher being a famous early investor in Twitter then talking them up on all his subsequent tv interviews. Every time he did the Tonight Show after that it was always his latest movie then let's talk Twitter (as I remember anyway).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well Citron does it all loving time and no one says boo about it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Caught red-handed!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jojoinnit posted:

It didn't come out of nowhere, I was just speculating on the reverse of what many celebs already do such as Ashton Kutcher being a famous early investor in Twitter then talking them up on all his subsequent tv interviews. Every time he did the Tonight Show after that it was always his latest movie then let's talk Twitter (as I remember anyway).

I haven’t seen anything that says that she herself shorted the stock, just that all the shorts that had been on the stock earned $165 million on the drop.

That being said, I would have zero shock if she *did* short the stock prior to the tweet. That’s the sort of sleaze I would expect from that family.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/thetakeout/status/968228875183386624

https://twitter.com/verge/status/968395535672578048

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Proteus Jones posted:

I haven’t seen anything that says that she herself shorted the stock, just that all the shorts that had been on the stock earned $165 million on the drop.

That being said, I would have zero shock if she *did* short the stock prior to the tweet. That’s the sort of sleaze I would expect from that family.

It’s not sleazy.

If a tweet can cause that sort of damage to the company, the stock was overvalued and deserved to be shorted regardless. :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Platystemon posted:

It’s not sleazy.

If a tweet can cause that sort of damage to the company, the stock was overvalued and deserved to be shorted regardless. :colbert:

Especially because many have already stopped using Snapchat because the recent update apparently changed a lot of things but explained little of it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Good. Even with their "hardships", fashion models might be the least deserving over-privileged of all. I fully support robots takin their jerbs.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

:vince: :iceburn:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

"The Herd Reich" deserves some kind of award.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/thetakeout/status/968546586375720960

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Don't kinkshame.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tell me something I don't know

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Everything absolutely everywhere is covered in poo poo, urine and sperm. They just test hotel room remotes and public toilet doorhandles whenever they need a sensational story.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Imgur isn't working for me so hopefully this works, here's the Daily Mail asking the most important questions:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

il_cornuto posted:

Imgur isn't working for me so hopefully this works, here's the Daily Mail asking the most important questions:

It's cancer.

edit: of the penis

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is Penis causing Cancer? Do we have to add it to this list? http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It's just as stupid as you think. Big ole babby is being criticized and throwing a tantrum.

E: also I'd rather have cancer with a dog than live in a dogless house #booflife

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Russian woman (who was already wanted for murder in Russia) charged with attempted murder after trying to poison her double with tainted cheesecake and steal her identity in NYC.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus that's some Journalism.

quote:

It was a dish served cold.

quote:

The 42-year-old “masseuse”

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Scathach posted:

It's just as stupid as you think. Big ole babby is being criticized and throwing a tantrum.

E: also I'd rather have cancer with a dog than live in a dogless house #booflife

You gonna link to the story?

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Las Vegas Strippers Accept Bitcoin via QR Tattoos

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I didn't think it was that hard to find considering the title.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/28/china-bans-the-letter-n-internet-xi-jinping-extends-power

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

this is like the plot of william gibson's worst short story

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The opening paragraph on this one is pretty amazing:

quote:

There has been a lot of talk recently about the missing representation of women in the male-dominated cryptocurrency ecosystem. While Las Vegas strippers are not the representation some hoped for, they are an example of how bitcoin can help working women control their financial affairs and avoid potential problems with prudish banks.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Barry Bluejeans posted:

this is like the plot of william gibson's worst short story

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Jesus that's some Journalism.

It’s the New York Post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Scathach posted:

Chia, surely?