Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
They really are remarkably stupid, aren't they? Ultimate Despair doesn't expect to get anything out of their graduating by lying to them about all their friends coming back to life? Really?

Post no bills, push no buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
So there are some things about this ending that I forgot... for good reason... but I'm glad I get to see Junko again. I think I like her better here than in the first game's finale.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Graduate. Whats suspicious about one ultimate despair helping another?

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Do nothing

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Near the beginning the video bugs out and freezes for a minute or so. EDIT: probably me and not the video

Graduate because I like seeing the bad endings first!

I can forgive them for just bringing Junko back because she's impossible to top.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 1, 2018

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Narsham posted:

They really are remarkably stupid, aren't they? Ultimate Despair doesn't expect to get anything out of their graduating by lying to them about all their friends coming back to life? Really?

Post no bills, push no buttons.

It doesn't help that they are right now talking with someone who was already able to corrupt them once.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Narsham posted:

What possible reason would the person who had them kill each other have to not want to bring them back immediately? :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Considering memory shenanigans are at hand here, I'm betting that Junko's new Graduation Program is going to reset them to before they got into the Neo World Program. So they can do their despair thing more.

So uh, yeah. Let's not do that, Push Nothing.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
What could possibly go wrong with trusting an avatar of the Ultimate Despair and doing what she asks? Everything.

Do nothing

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

we do know that nagito has a girl-hand at least

We also know that he lies a lot so we have no idea where he got that hand.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

resurgam40 posted:

Aw man, too long away from good Junko (and overexposure to bad imitations of her) makes me forget just how amazingly well she straddles the line of being hilarious and entertaining while simultaneously being the most horrifying monster possible. It really is great.

Yeah, there's all kinds of (mostly justified) criticisms leveled at these games, but Junko is one of the best villains ever made and I will fight anyone that claims otherwise.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

TheDavies posted:

We also know that he lies a lot so we have no idea where he got that hand.

so maybe he lost his own hand but really luckily stumbled across a girl with a spare third hand, then said it was junkos

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

Near the beginning the video bugs out and freezes for a minute or so. EDIT: probably me and not the video

Graduate because I like seeing the bad endings first!

I can forgive them for just bringing Junko back because she's impossible to top.

I agree with this. Bad endings first!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Graduate. I foresee nothing bad about this decision!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Do nothing! If only because the Future Foundation being the bad guys is the dumbest plot point that lasted far, far too long in this game.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

If you repeat does it kick you back to the first case for ng+?

Ghrimalkin
Jan 5, 2012
Having read this LP over the course of the last month, I thought someone from the Future Foundation uploaded the virus, due to Monokuma being a lot more murderous, especially in case 4.

But then a giant Junko showed up, so :shrug:.

Also, Do Nothing, because listening to Junko is probably a bad idea.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

Considering memory shenanigans are at hand here, I'm betting that Junko's new Graduation Program is going to reset them to before they got into the Neo World Program. So they can do their despair thing more.

So uh, yeah. Let's not do that, Push Nothing.

Her infographic showed the five of them would keep their island memories. But it made no guarantees for the ones who come back to life. It would also fit with what's possible by the rules laid out in the game - with their memories of the island they already believe they're dead and can't come back, but if their avatars are deleted and their original memories restored they're fine.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
She did use the term "devices" so dead people are 99% getting Despair OS with resurrection package, one form or another.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I don't care for Junko but wow her VA is fantastic.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

eating only apples posted:

I don't care for Junko but wow her VA is fantastic.

"So you're going to be playing around 8 different characters, is that alright with you?"
"Sure, what are their names?"
"Name."
"...what?"

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
It's already been said the voice acting is amazing, but I'm actually wondering how the hell she managed to hold a consistent personality together long enough to be Monokuma. Although I suppose he could be a sort of program himself and not directly Junko doing a voice again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Cryohazard posted:

"So you're going to be playing around 8 different characters, is that alright with you?"
"Sure, what are their names?"
"Name."
"...what?"

She plays Touko and Syo in the previous game as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmrC_Pij5gc
Vote for knocking it all down but graduate first.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You know, making repeat the correct answer would be a fun way to get around half our needed votes for the shutdown being dead

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Graduate: 6 votes
Repeat: 0 votes
Do Nothing: 9 votes.

Looks like we're gonna do nothing! Hope it works out...

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

FPzero posted:

Graduate: 6 votes
Repeat: 0 votes
Do Nothing: 9 votes.

Looks like we're gonna do nothing! Hope it works out...

Wait, didn’t you prerecord all of this so you could do one update a day?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

> Don't press anything

: Hey, what are you doing...? It's decided by a majority vote, so just don't think about it and press "Graduate."

: Don't you want to go back home!? I don't care if you want to stay here but don't drag us into it!

: ...

: But thou must...

FPzero fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 2, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Stroth posted:

Wait, didn’t you prerecord all of this so you could do one update a day?

Yep.

I told you guys it was a very minor choice!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Quick, let's all vote repeat in the next 24 hours so we can see that bad end before whatever the game actually wants us to see

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

eating only apples posted:

Quick, let's all vote repeat in the next 24 hours so we can see that bad end before whatever the game actually wants us to see

Did you say repeat? Well okay then!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

> Press "Repeat"

: Hey, that's the "Repeat" button!

: D-Don't you get it? If you press that, we're stuck here, you know!?

: A-Are you...? You better not start saying how we're better off staying here.

: ...

: But
: thou
: must

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:sigh:

Graduate.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

FPzero posted:

Did you say repeat? Well okay then!

You're welcome :3:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Wait for the timer to run out?
Yes, I noticed there was no timer.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
I vote we do nothing again, because doing nothing is a philosophy that demands dedication and endurance, and we can't just give up immediately the first time somebody tells us not to do nothing.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Leylite posted:

I vote we do nothing again, because doing nothing is a philosophy that demands dedication and endurance, and we can't just give up immediately the first time somebody tells us not to do nothing.

Don't tempt me, I'll do it!

But in the meantime while we wait for the real attraction, here's an unedited image from the Repeat option that I had to exclude for one very obvious reason:

Can you see why?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It took me a moment to get that. :stare:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It took me a moment to get that. :stare:

I just spent easily a minute looking at it because there has to be someth- oh. OH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

What, did they just gently caress up and put the wrong model in for that one line?

• Locked thread