Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Suns rule!!!!!!

We’re WINNERS YEAAAHHAHAHHAHAHHHHHH

sir this is a wendys drive through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/big_business_/status/969066202008989696

Honestly I was jumping all over my living room when I saw this. So disrespectful, so amazing at the same time

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao get owned, chumps, you can't compete with cam payne

man, this kills my soul i want to root for this lovely loving bulls team, i want to see Rolo elbowing jabronis and i want to see the bulls actually trying to win games and laughing at teams that are trying to win who lose to them but this dumb loving tanking bullshit has completely ruined that, abolish the draft, i want to root for my lovely team to win games in spite of themselves i am bereft

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I loving love this twitter account:

https://twitter.com/TitanicHoops/status/969066828436819970

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

man, this kills my soul i want to root for this lovely loving bulls team, i want to see Rolo elbowing chumps and i want to see the bulls actually trying to win games and laughing at teams that are trying to win who lose to them but this dumb loving tanking bullshit has completely ruined that, abolish the draft, i want to root for my lovely team to win games in spite of themselves i am bereft

I feel bad for you, man. It sucks when your team is no fun to watch.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

man, this kills my soul i want to root for this lovely loving bulls team, i want to see Rolo elbowing jabronis and i want to see the bulls actually trying to win games and laughing at teams that are trying to win who lose to them but this dumb loving tanking bullshit has completely ruined that, abolish the draft, i want to root for my lovely team to win games in spite of themselves i am bereft

cam payne owns though

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

poo poo i just realized that was on the road to and the "crowd" still went nuts. Thank god no one really knows what Wes looks like or the guy would have to change his face.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

cam payne owns though

cam payne is being used like the william h. macy character in The Cooler

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DC Murderverse posted:

the low key best part of that move, aside from all the other parts, is the fact that Harden put the Rockets up 31-7 with that 3.

31-7. come on.

BWV posted:

poo poo i just realized that was on the road to and the "crowd" still went nuts. Thank god no one really knows what Wes looks like or the guy would have to change his face.

And that the shot went in. So often you see some cool rear end poo poo like that and then the camera has to cut because the dude clanked the jumper.

Really, there is nothing about this murder I could possibly think that would be less perfect. I guess we didn't get and all-time call or an all-time stink face, but at that point I am just nitpicking.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

I've gotten him confused with Jamaal Crawford several times due to poor stream quality so I know what he looks like. He can't hide it from me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Dog, the game just stopped for 3 loving seconds.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

:laffo:

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Lockback posted:

And that the shot went in. So often you see some cool rear end poo poo like that and then the camera has to cut because the dude clanked the jumper.

Really, there is nothing about this murder I could possibly think that would be less perfect. I guess we didn't get and all-time call or an all-time stink face, but at that point I am just nitpicking.

It didn't just go in. He splashed that motherfucker. It's basketball poetry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol it's the lead story on espn.com

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/redapples/status/969086081315487749

slow motion hail satan

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/969078628846899200?s=21

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was inevitable

https://twitter.com/iamHectorDiaz/status/969064451574964224

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So does this mean that the Clippers tried to use the secret tunnel to sneak attack the Rockets?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wes Johnson's corpse is blocking the door

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

*that guy voice* offensive foul

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/969091589669900289

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I really like the color guy saying "Teodocious" here

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

misdirectomy posted:

When I first watched it I thought Harden pushed/bumped him a bit. But the 2nd angle from the baseline - it doesn’t look like much. So I was that guy for a bit.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

oh my god james harden

oh my god

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

misdirectomy posted:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Marklar posted:

When I first watched it I thought Harden pushed/bumped him a bit. But the 2nd angle from the baseline - it doesn’t look like much. So I was that guy for a bit.

When I saw the play live I thought a whistle had blown that I hadn't heard because everything stopped but after seeing replays, yeah, it's not anything that'd ever get called

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe it's a side effect of the Warriors becoming comic book villains but I think my appreciation of James Harden goes up every year

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I know the refs were calling the rip-through shot and the hook-defenders-arm-while-going-around-screen-and-jump foul a lot tighter at the beginning of the season (or, I should say, not calling them fouls), but are they still doing it now?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Punkin Spunkin posted:

p.s. Shame on the city of Cleveland. This ain't soccer!

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/2/27/17054624/fan-taunted-patty-mills-cleveland-was-identified-and-banned
https://mobile.twitter.com/thats_z_truth/status/967899696395112448
https://twitter.com/Patty_Mills/status/967981243253092353

Cavs fans are officially banned from making jokes about how the city of Boston is mad racist (it is though) for 1.5 weeks!!!

There is a large difference between racism, racial slurs, and 'yelling a reference to a movie about Jamaicans bobsledding because it's the only thing you know about Jamaica.'

That would just a dumb drunken thing to yell and categorizing it with actual racial slurs shits on the experience of people who actually had to play through that poo poo nightly.

It's like yelling to Lebron "Why don't you go back to your department store where you work Fat Drew Carey.. Cleveland doesn't rock... it sucks!!"

It's just something a drunk guy is yelling

It's fine to heckle players by saying they're bad and that they should go do something other than playing basketball. Not original, not funny, but let's save the word racist for poo poo that's actually racist (assuming in that cadence, hes saying Hey Jamaican, dog they want their bobsledder back, and not calling him a dog). Mildly xenophobic dumb poo poo by a gen x guy who thinks he's clever.

You want to heckle Patty Mills you should say, St Mary's Gaels... are better without you, because he'd laugh and be confused and might be distracted enough to miss the shot

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 1, 2018

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/969062211971825664

James Harden deserves life in prison for this gruesome murder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YDYcziQLZk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah man just like the shitheads in Chicago yelling go back to basketball at a black hockey player weren't actually being offensive and racist.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I can't stop laughing at that Harden play, jesus loving christ. The NBA is so good.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

Yeah man just like the shitheads in Chicago yelling go back to basketball at a black hockey player weren't actually being offensive and racist.

Jamaicans don't normally bobsled, I'm not going to die on this hill but I don't think that guy was doing more than try to be funny and heckle him with a dated pop culture reference. You can say he was being xenophobic by saying foreigner go home and do something associated with your country. Okay. But do you really think he was motivated by racial animus and not just trying to make the people around him laugh at his 25 year old movie reference.

I've known people who lived near large populations of Jamaican immigrants and never once have I heard someone use bobsledder as a covert slur or anything like that.

Do you think that might be different than fans of an a 95% white league telling a black american to go play basketball, a sport associated with black americans. That's exclusionary. It's not tongue and cheek and it's not an attempt at a joke.

Cool runnings is a beloved cultural touchstone and the way the guy says it makes it sound like he's upending the normal "go back to the minor leagues you bum" in a silly way.

Like if he would have said, Dog, go back to your lonely rocket to the sun, to Timofey Mozgov, would that be bad, because it's in the "you, go back to there" format and references an event in Soviet history?

Maybe his twitter account will come out and it will be nothing but obama target practice silhouettes full of bullet holes and casette tapes of Haile Selasie speeches blown up with a break action shotgun after being flung out of a pigeon thrower. Until then, I'll give him referencing beloved cultural touchstones while heckling a player with a short bio credit. I don't think there was harm intended or harm caused.

----

In sports news, Mario Hezonja had 17 points in 19 minutes. Jamychal Green had his 4th or 5th double double in a row, and JJ Barea keeps playing really well for a 5'10 shooting guard.
Detroit Beat Milwaukee by 23.
Dwight Buycks and Erick Moreland really looked good against a tired Milwaukee team. JAmes Ennis III started, to put a little shooting out and stop teams from ignoring Stanley Johnson on the perimeter. Stanley was very good against Milwaukee's tired and thin bench. 19/6 reb/4 ast

Reggie Jackson might be healthy for the last 2 weeks of the season. I have no idea if Detroit will still be in the playoff race by then. Reggie is going to make Blake Griffin upset, but they really need an NBA caliber starting pg to play 25 minutes a game or so. When Griffin is sitting, someone needs to be able to score.

The Detroit News said that Stan Van Gundy will probably lose his job if they don't make the playoffs. Tom Gores might be regretting the Griffin trade. I'm going to be Arm Tellem's right hand man and I'll hire RIck as head scout, Brolic as director of player development, and MV as the guy who says "Hey don't draft him as a stretch four he only shot 29% in college"

My title will be prime minister of basketball operations, Rasheed Wallace can be Vice Minister of ball

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 1, 2018

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe it's a side effect of the Warriors becoming comic book villains but I think my appreciation of James Harden goes up every year
lmao Steph Curry, the comic book villain.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Paperback Writer posted:

lmao Steph Curry, the comic book villain.

He's the equivalent of someone Spider-man would face in a Hostess ad.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As a sign of solidarity the entire Spurs team will now be carrying lucky eggs in their shorts for the remainder of the season.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Huge win by Memphis last night . I'm proud of them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

misdirectomy posted:

He didn't extend the right arm imho

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

BWV posted:

As a sign of solidarity the entire Spurs team will now be carrying lucky eggs in their shorts for the remainder of the season.

Kiss the egg mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Has anybody bothered to bury Wes Johnson yet

• Locked thread