Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Rygar201 posted:

This game isn't developed by Bioware tho

See that's where your thinking is wrong because a Battletech RPG/MechWarrior game made in the style of Mass Effect could be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Alchenar posted:

See that's where your thinking is wrong because a Battletech RPG/MechWarrior game made in the style of Mass Effect could be amazing.

It very well could be but it would also be get the five macguffins and then fight the big bad

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rygar201 posted:

It very well could be but it would also be get the five macguffins and then fight the big bad

Excuse you,

It would be four macguffins.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I fail to understand where the towers of Hanoi fit in????

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Who is good at Mech silhouettes? Can anyone identify the robit to the left of the Awesome here? Is that an Assassin??

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

raverrn posted:

I fail to understand where the towers of Hanoi fit in????

It would be the lock code on a cache of Lostech you find that turns out to be a zany experimental AI in a beat up old 'Mech who just looooves killing... fleshpods?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

cKnoor posted:

I'll see what I can do for the next trailer.
I love you :allears:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Phrosphor posted:

Who is good at Mech silhouettes? Can anyone identify the robit to the left of the Awesome here? Is that an Assassin??

That looks very much to me like an Orion.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Nevermind

Q_res fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 28, 2018

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Q_res posted:

DLGamer has Battletech up at 15% off for anyone on the fence

https://www.dlgamer.com/us/games/buy-battletech-46245

Even at 15% off, it's still 3USD more expensive than just buying it through Steam.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I.. I had successfully FORGOTTEN THAT you Jerk. :argh:

Sorry if this is triggering, I LPed that game recently and made plenty of gifs

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I actually really enjoyed that game but good golly the plot/writing :suicide:

Link the LP please, I missed that, I'd like to see if the game holds up to my memories. :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I actually really enjoyed that game but good golly the plot/writing :suicide:

Link the LP please, I missed that, I'd like to see if the game holds up to my memories. :v:

Here you go. The game is still fun and incredibly, incredibly dumb. I also swear some of the music uses stingers from the cartoon.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

aniviron posted:

Even at 15% off, it's still 3USD more expensive than just buying it through Steam.

I'm on my phone, I legit thought that was for the Digital Deluxe version. Why the hell would anyone buy from there if they charge that much?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

isildur I'm reading your twitter for entertaining robot stories when BAMMO I'm hit right in the head by your astoundingly good opinions about Rolemaster. That game was vastly underrated for all its quirks (e.g. most things that aren't skills and combat).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"rawr" --an atlas

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
When I was a child, I and a friend made fun of MechAssault for being a poor man's MechWarrior. We had no idea that they were both shared by the same universe and therefore related. When I discovered that fact in my recent adulthood, I felt bad for making fun of it.

Now, though... by that gif alone, my scorn was not just warranted, it was not enough.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Galaga Galaxian posted:

If you haven't redeemed your backer code yet, give it to a friend.

Then crush them in the multiplayer.

When was this? I didn't play the second beta, is the code something I need to have for release day?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Have they released the backer steam codes yet?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I don't think so. At least, I haven't gotten mine. I wouldn't expect them to go out until just before the release.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

No, backer codes will apparently come out close to release.

I imagine they both want to wait to get them and simultaneously want to see owners on Steam without backers throwing off preorders.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Sky Shadowing posted:

When I was a child, I and a friend made fun of MechAssault for being a poor man's MechWarrior. We had no idea that they were both shared by the same universe and therefore related. When I discovered that fact in my recent adulthood, I felt bad for making fun of it.

Now, though... by that gif alone, my scorn was not just warranted, it was not enough.

Mechassault was good, though. Much like the Shadowrun FPS, it wasn't a fantastic adaptation of the game world, but it was a fun multiplayer game that came out early in the era of online console multiplayer (mechassault was actually a launch title for XBLive IIRC, and probably the best XBLive title until Return to Castle Wolfenstein).

You can make fun of its dated nature now, but that game was pretty amazing for its era.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There’s a Gundam brand Mechassault-style game coming out later this year, too.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

There’s a Gundam brand Mechassault-style game coming out later this year, too.

...wait, what? What's it called?

Edit: vvvv

Holy poo poo that VO is intense.

Game looks good, too. :v: Thanks

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 1, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApJ_26r0Bg

Battle Assault 2, it lets you be infantry with rocket launchers and I'm assuming other stuff as well

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Taintrunner posted:

Battle Assault 2, it lets you be infantry with rocket launchers and I'm assuming other stuff as well

That voice acting truly is amazing :allears:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Taintrunner posted:

My god that looks so incredibly awful.

That was "all your base" levels of bad.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PS4 Japan-only freemium game

I've always been interested in the series but not so interested that I would inconvenience myself to try to play them

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've looked in the OP but don't see this there.
Should I have my steam key by now? It doesn't show on Backer Portal. All I opted for was the game, no beta or anything. I'm concerned that I hosed up - like I thought the Forum would give me the key but it doesn't seem to be there either!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

No, Steam Key will come a few days (at most, possibly release day) out from release.

Do not stress about no key. It will come.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Sky Shadowing posted:

No, Steam Key will come a few days (at most, possibly release day) out from release.

Do not stress about no key. It will come.

Okay. I was more worried that I'd missed it somehow!

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018

sebmojo posted:

if mechs were sensible they would be tanks

Now I'm imagining a game set during an alt history October revolution where armored trains hunt each-other down while steaming through endless woods and desolate farmland.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

How Disgusting posted:

Now I'm imagining a game set during an alt history October revolution where armored trains hunt each-other down while steaming through endless woods and desolate farmland.

Comrade Thomas the Tank Engine

Sir Topham Hat, first against the wall!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Thomas would have been a Black Hundred.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Nah, the steamies are definitely the proletariat (except that royalist Edward). The diesels are the fascists.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Colonial Air Force posted:

If they could take him alive. The man poo poo-talked sentient trains while standing on the tracks in front of them for a living. I'm not sure he had a whole lot of fucks to give.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Zaodai posted:

If they could take him alive. The man poo poo-talked sentient trains while standing on the tracks in front of them for a living. I'm not sure he had a whole lot of fucks to give.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well that was certainly a thing. Still, mostly proves the point.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

sebmojo posted:

isildur I'm reading your twitter for entertaining robot stories when BAMMO I'm hit right in the head by your astoundingly good opinions about Rolemaster. That game was vastly underrated for all its quirks (e.g. most things that aren't skills and combat).
Long ago i'd meant to write up a complete deep-dive of RM3e for the fatal and friends thread but... i am fundamentally a lazy person, so i never did.

cKnoor posted:

As far as I know this was not the case, the capture team just went with nice shots rather than showcasing specific 'mechs [...] On the other hand that was totally the case.
i can say for certain that we're giggling about the reaction here in the office. so even if we didn't intentionally troll on the HBS end (neither confirm nor deny etc) we're enjoying the effects.

isildur fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arban
Aug 28, 2017

Colonial Air Force posted:

Comrade Thomas the Tank Engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPZDP0S7MSo