Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Jacob has got to be one of the worst ever players. Almost everything that came out of his mouth hurt his position in the game.

He acted like Stephanie was the first attractive woman to ever talk to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Why didn't he just tell everyone about the legacy advantage.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bobfromsales posted:

Why didn't he just tell everyone about the legacy advantage.

You can literally start everything he did with “why didn’t he”

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Codependent Poster posted:

He acted like Stephanie was the first attractive woman to ever talk to him.

It's possible she was

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We're probably being a bit harsh on him with the Stephanie thing. I mean, he didn't declare his love for her or anything. He was pretty desperate for some game help so it sorta made sense for him to leap at the first lifeline thrown his way.

But you know. I'm just trying to be nice because the goof did so much wrong.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

He absolutely has to come back for a returnee season.

Also I can't be the only one thinking of the rear end pennies sketch with his sock rice, right? Maybe he'll improve once he realizes that power.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In an unexplained story, what was up with those two randos who voted for James? Don't they know he already hates himself?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

In an unexplained story, what was up with those two randos who voted for James? Don't they know he already hates himself?

They obviously discussed a vote split in case Jacob actually had the idol because they had the numbers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They obviously discussed a vote split in case Jacob actually had the idol because they had the numbers.

Ah, that makes sense. I should have realized that.

Poor James.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hmmmm... Not sure how I feel about this season so far.

Gonzalez was hot as gently caress and got voted off first.

Jacob, who looked like Stephen Crowder doing his Bob Ross sketch got voted off second.

I honestly can't tell half of what Donathan (dumb rear end name, JFC) is saying between his gay accent and his Southern accent.

Dom is kind of a dick, but I relate to him being an Italian in the construction industry.

Otherwise, I am pretty meh about the cast so far.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cast seems pretty likable. Not too many 2 hour premiers with 20 castaways are even able to develop some basic characters for the rest of the season. Kind of sucks that Jacob was one of the main characters and got an early boot, but oh well.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Do Nathan is going to go far. Early “personal growth look at how much I’ve changed!” Edit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Donathan's impossible to dislike, Stephanie showed a little game, Domenick was probably too clever by half but if he can tweak that he could be good, and no one's really coming off any worse than "douchey". So its a good enough start. Anyone who would have been gaming hard out the gate was probably going to be a bad player anyway. Maybe we somehow ditched our only gamebot wannabe with Jacob.

Also this cast is silly pretty. Just silly.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tide posted:

Do Nathan is going to go far. Early “personal growth look at how much I’ve changed!” Edit
He might still go home early and they are squeezing all they can out of a fun character, but yeah that's an edit that will get you drat close to the finale.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He could be the story of the season or he could just be a good story for the 3 weeks he's in the game. This is why edit reading is silly because either way you slice it he's a likable guy regardless of when he gets eliminated. All the edit really "tells" me is that the editors liked him as much as we did and he probably doesn't turn out to be an rear end in a top hat racist later.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Jacob is a new floor for superfans on Survivor. So, you know, at least he can say he pushed the boundaries of the game!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Poor Stephanie. She played him perfectly and got nothing.

She knows Morgan has the legacy advantage and can maybe use that somehow?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

curiousCat posted:

She knows Morgan has the legacy advantage and can maybe use that somehow?

Yeah, that could really pay off on merge day. I'm proud of her for spilling no beans, not even the fake idol for trust building or whatever.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Gonzalez getting first boot AND no post boot interview might be the most satisfying first boot in 36 seasons.

Jacob totally talked about pants making GBS threads on day one. Poor goon.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Jacob is totally reading this thread.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

A friendly reminder that two of you picked Jacob as your ponies. Possibly the worst survivor of all time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

resident posted:

A friendly reminder that two of you picked Jacob as your ponies. Possibly the worst survivor of all time.

It's me, I'm the Jacob of the thread :negative:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

STAC Goat posted:

We're probably being a bit harsh on him with the Stephanie thing. I mean, he didn't declare his love for her or anything.

Yeah, that would be ridiculous. There's no way any guy on this show, no matter how goony he is, would ever declare that he was in love with an attractive woman just because she was nice to him and talked to him. And if someone WAS that out of touch to do that on the show, it would have to be a result of weeks of sleep deprivation and whatnot and definitely wouldn't happen this early in the game before the second tribal council even happened.

Wait a minute....

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The editors of this show seem to like flying foxes as much as I do.

Also, I love Donathon.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Good first episode. It included crab homocide

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I enjoyed Stephanie's justification for keeping Donathon around: "...just in case we need someone small to shove into something."

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Survivor really does seem to get more and more ridiculous each season, some of it actually felt like a parody.

I mean it's entertaining but wow.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

some of it actually felt like a parody

I mean this is Self-Reference: the Season

but

yeah

I don't know when people will realize that fake idols, wandering off alone, lying about stupid poo poo that doesn't matter, etc are Advanced Techniques for emergencies and not day 3 opening gambits.

Like, the dude lying about his age is smart, but that's about it.

Fake Idols were wonderful when they were a new idea and now they almost always are self-owns. I'd make the best fake idol I could and then put it in someone else's bag just to gently caress around.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Bloop posted:

Fake Idols were wonderful when they were a new idea and now they almost always are self-owns. I'd make the best fake idol I could and then put it in someone else's bag just to gently caress around.

I'd make fake idols and put them in everyone's bag to cause chaos and confusion.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I'd make fake idols and put them in everyone's bag to cause chaos and confusion.

Most tribes have been fairly tame in recent history. I would love to see a Russell-light come in and do this and more. All the shenanigans with less of the sociopath.

I hope they go back to classic reunion style at the end of the season so we get some time to see the conclusion of Jacobs master plan, the sock rice.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Somehow Chris came off as slightly less of a disaster than Domenick, although not surprised by those two guys butting heads at all, and Domenick has the temporary advantage there thanks to his idol.

James keeps diving to release the underwater cage while Donathan whimpers on the dock, but then Donathan finally steps up and does it: looks like Donathan whimpering on the dock for so long is why you lost the challenge more than anything else, to me. What a hero. I like the kid really, but come on!

I really had the wrong read on neon leggings Stephanie coming into this. I thought she'd be the easy first boot basically on sight but she basically owned that episode. I think she made the right decision letting Jacob go. The three pretty people are still a minority over there, and this keeps the peace going into a shuffle.

The Bloop posted:

Talk about making the right move by accident

I mean, I don't think he really meant to get voted to Ghost Island but it 100% saved his rear end
Yeah, I think he was just having a laugh / pumping his tribe up with that speech and then he claimed puppet master when it got him sent to Ghost Island. But even if he did antagonize the opposing tribe on purpose, he stupidly outed his plan by bragging about it. That guy was kind of a mess in every possible way.

DurosKlav posted:

And why the gently caress are they doing it in the first god drat tribal. This is dumb.
I feel like Gonzales had a strong, strong feeling that her number was up and didn't want to sit there passively and let it happen, so good for her I guess, even though she didn't change anything. You wouldn't want to go out knowing you knew it was coming and did nothing.

I'm not very surprised she was the first one out though, because she was one of those very overconfident, cocksure people that can play themselves out of the game. She had all kinds of condescending pre-game judgments of the cast, and obviously thought she was hot poo poo.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I was totally into Domenick until that fake idol play. Now he seems more like Tony Game Changers than Cagayan.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

to start with Domenick was wrong that Chris made the wrong move pulling the plug on that slide puzzle. Desiree had been working on it for a few minutes and hadn't progressed at all, and clearly didn't know how to do slide puzzles. Secondly,

Domenick: "hey Sea Bass!"
Sebastian: ".."
Domenickl: "anyone ever call you Sea Bass?"
Sebastian: "no.."
Domenick: "But you're a fisherman! And your name is Se-bas-tian! You're Sea Bass now"
Sebastian: "uhh ok"
Sebastian: "yeah lets vote domenick out"

:lol:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sorta almost want to half defend the fake idol thing. I mean... I don't know. It seems like there's some scenario where that could work out where he like offers to share the fake idol and uses it to take Chris out? I don't know. I guess that's a really narrow window at best and it still comes with all kinds of consequences. It was just an odd enough move that he's got me looking for angles I don't see.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I sorta almost want to half defend the fake idol thing. I mean... I don't know. It seems like there's some scenario where that could work out where he like offers to share the fake idol and uses it to take Chris out? I don't know. I guess that's a really narrow window at best and it still comes with all kinds of consequences. It was just an odd enough move that he's got me looking for angles I don't see.

The idea was fine. The execution was abysmal.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's going to come to a point where whenever someone shows someone they have an idol, they will just assume it's a fake idol.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its going to be amazing when Ozzy's stick shows up.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I can’t believe the legacy advantage is back again. This season is going to be such a trainwreck of advantages :confuoot:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Pretty bizarre start to the season, 2 fake idols already with very little thought put into them.
I think I like how Ghost Island works, I'm glad it's not just another redemption island season and I'm sure it will deliver on some crazy twists.

Jacob deserved to go but I kinda wanted another couple episodes of him crashing and burning but oh well :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Not sure what I hate more, Donathan's voice or Stephanie's ridiculous fake tits. They're both incredibly distracting.

• Locked thread