Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Does Kimoa still charge like a trillion dollars to ship to the US

Idk if it happened in the US but I was the one that got hit with the customs charge and I'm in Canada. It was kind of my own fault cause I've shipped a ton of stuff by Deutsche Post and I've had no issue getting it through customs but the Kimoa stuff shipped DHL and I just assumed it was going to be the same since Deutsche Post owns them.

I would talk about this more but it would just devolve into me ranting about how free trade is a scam and one of the many tools used to oppress the proletariat.

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tariffs are good

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Tariffs are good

That sound you hear is poty accelerating to just under light speed towards his keyboard to post about EU single market tarrifs.

And good on him. He's the only sane poster in this thread imo

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Probate me for one month if Stroll has more WDC points than McLaren at the end of the season. :toxx:

Probate me for a month if Alonso has fewer WDC points than both Williams drivers combined at the end of the season.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

That sound you hear is poty accelerating to just under light speed towards his keyboard to post about EU single market tarrifs.

French butter prices out of control. Danish bacon ruining the market. Bring back tariffs!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont know what you are talking about.

#forzaferrari

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's interesting that, other than a little light bits falling off, no-one is actually having any trouble during this testing.

Is it because of the cold or are cars just even more reliable this year?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Tyres have no grip on the cold tack so it’s not sandbagging, they really can’t go fast enough to set decent times. Normally what they would do is push very hard on certain corners or straights and then back off hard so the sector times show as slow. Data they are gathering will be near enough useless, but at least it will be useless for everyone.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Don't do anything to me if Stroll scores more points than all of team mclaren again this year because it's totally going to happen

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I'll laugh so hard at McLaren if the Honda engine turns out to be really good this season. :allears:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
LANCE “AVRO CANADA ARROW” STROLL RACING

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Stoffel's getting a good run in today. Plenty of time at the top of the timesheet, albeit with hypersofts on. If McLaren needed to convince a potential sponsor or two they're probably doing enough. If they end up in Melbourne with no new stickers on the car lol just lol.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
At some point one man in a very expensive suit is going to turn to another man in a very expensive suit and say: “Ok, at what point does this stop being about dealing with the legacy of Ron, and start being about the reality of Zac?”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Stoffel's getting a good run in today. Plenty of time at the top of the timesheet, albeit with hypersofts on. If McLaren needed to convince a potential sponsor or two they're probably doing enough. If they end up in Melbourne with no new stickers on the car lol just lol.

They probably won't, get your lols ready

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Pirate Radar posted:

MCLAREN ALONSO
BY FERNANDO ALONSO
FOR MCLAREN ALONSO RACING
IN COLLABORATION WITH FERNANDO ALONSO FOR MCLAREN ALONSO

*this post brought to you by Kimoa.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
McLaren seems to like running very soft compounds (they did this in the past too) for whatever reason.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Pirate Radar posted:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Great lap from Our Waffle, putting Macca at the top of the timesheet. The WDC is ours, lads

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

McLaren seems to like running very soft compounds (they did this in the past too) for whatever reason.

If the softer compounds have more pliable sidewalls it could be their way of testing tire deformation in the cold. Impossible to know without being there but it's not a good sign when you're the odd one out.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Bold prediction: Stroll gets 2 podiums through no action of his own.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

Great lap from Our Waffle, putting Macca at the top of the timesheet. The WDC is ours, lads

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It worries me that mercedes is doing better times with harder tyres.

Also anyone have an article about ferrari´s testing season so far?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pirate Radar posted:

Are you seriously advocating that we chop up lance stroll and sink him to the bottom of lake Ontario? Black Friday indeed.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Top 9 times in the Qatar test are covered by just under 4 tenths and features four different manufacturers. This season is gonna be tasty as poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Marquez has ominous pace. 2014 repeat inbound.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who cares, post about f1

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Marquez has ominous pace. 2014 repeat inbound.

He's gonna crash out and break his leg like a third of the way through the season and it'll be a championship battle between Big Jo Zarco and Andrea "The Professor" Dovizioso.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

What is Tony Blair's thoughts on Brexit. He was always sensible and the voice of public opinion.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The only people pro brexit are racists, morons and disaster capitalists. Tony Blair for all his many faults is firmly against (every living prime minister except May is firmly against)

Also made a loving bike thread you knobs

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Their simulations told them the softest compounds would work better in the cold.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

We are not making a bike thread. Let me make that perfectly clear at this early juncture of this great thread, there will be bike posts.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bike thread

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

The only people pro brexit are racists, morons and disaster capitalists. Tony Blair for all his many faults is firmly against (every living prime minister except May is firmly against)

Also made a loving bike thread you knobs

Just lol if you think any of the Tory cabinet have the testicular (or otherwise) fortitude to have actual conviction in the garbage opinions they involuntarily blurt out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

We are not making a bike thread. Let me make that perfectly clear at this early juncture of this great thread, there will be bike posts.

Stfu

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is the bike thread. Don't be wheelist.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

Eat the hat you fuckman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The motoGP thread is in cycle asylum and wirth seems to be surviving well in it without being eaten by the locals. Looks like a nice thread with statistics and mocking and memes and stuff.