Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
its weird how much I objectively consider the number of ants a measurement of Chikara's quality at any given time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What's the new ant's gimmick

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

What's the new ant's gimmick

Green Ant II

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Reminds me of Dr Steel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCE7hOgXVEM

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Trios tickets go on sale today.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is it back in PA?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Endless Mike posted:

Is it back in PA?

Yup

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cool maybe I will go again!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hopefully they're able to have some fun guest teams again, that always helps the tourney's interest level

I think my favourite years were 2012 and 2015

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 1, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They've already announced the only one that matters!

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/969241768033161216

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:eyepop: It's he!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Endless Mike posted:

Off to a good start!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hopefully Tarver doesn't try to murder someone with a chair like he did with Greg Iron

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I have sources that tell me there might be 2 Aussie teams this year. One all male team, one all female team.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hopefully Tarver doesn't try to murder someone with a chair like he did with Greg Iron

Tarver's chilled out quite a bit since he started doing music. Not sure if he's lightened up his hands tho.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Tarver's chilled out quite a bit since he started doing music. Not sure if he's lightened up his hands tho.

Didn't he find religion?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Considering Colin Delaney is taking part in the Tag World Grand Prix, I have to give it fifty/fifty odds that we'll see Delaney/Gillberg/Ellsworth at King of Trios.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

Considering Colin Delaney is taking part in the Tag World Grand Prix, I have to give it fifty/fifty odds that we'll see Delaney/Gillberg/Ellsworth at King of Trios.

Brooklyn Brawler doesn't work for WWE anymore either...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They updated the roster page to the point that it has 41 wrestlers + 1 doggo. So it's good that they're currently able to have enough for a Rumble. Based on the roster, here's some gimmes for Trios:

- Some combination of Oceana, Merlock, Cajun Crawdad and Hermit Crab

- Hallowicked, Frightmare and Kobald

- The Proteus Wheel: Callux the Castigator, Frantik and Volgar II

- Xyberhawx 2000

- The Blank has gone full insane artist and has introduced two "works of art" wrestlers under his wing named Ursa Minor in the Night Sky and Still Life with Apricots and Pears. So if those guys have any longevity in them, sure, give them a tournament spot.

Also, not on the roster page yet, but Young Lions Cup is introducing a woman named Blanche Babish who has a whole 1950s bad girl thing going on. She'll probably be linked to Lucas Calhoun and Jeremy Leary and will likely be part of their Trios team.

Young Lions Cup is this Saturday. They've actually done a decent job making it diverse by only tossing in three Chikara guys in Babish, Cajun Crawdad and Green Ant II.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I think one of my issues with last season of Chikara has been the lack of consistency

They gave us a bunch of characters, only used them for four or five matches, and then got rid of them. Its hard for me to really invest myself in the current crop because I don't know if they are actually gonna have any permanence

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its hard for me to really invest myself in the current crop because I don't know if they are actually gonna have any permanence

If it's any consolation, given that them having permanence relies on them not getting on Quack's increasingly large bad side, I don't think they really know either

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

Wow that's one really bad team.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Team #2!

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/973363170889879553

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oh poo poo owns

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So when's Jervis coming back..... Oh right

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's a new blog post from Vlad Radinov saying that he's unfortunately leaving Chikara. drat. I really liked him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

There's a new blog post from Vlad Radinov saying that he's unfortunately leaving Chikara. drat. I really liked him.

i for one am glad that chikara is no longer colluding with russia

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

But how will we know where the parties are?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They did Young Lions Cup 1st Stage today. Here are the quick results:

- YLC Match #1: Omari defeated Green Ant II, Brett Domino and Percy Davis. Didn't get to see this match due to work.

- YLC Match #2: Blanch Babish defeated Fuego del Sol, Dylan Bostic and DL Hurst.

- YLC Match #3: Cajun Crawdad defeated Gabby Ortiz, Anthony Greene and Super Beetle

- YLC Match #4: Cameron Zagami defeated Air Wolf, Geddy Cahoon and Eli Isom

- Tag World Grand Prix Qualifier: Oceanea and Merlok defeated Colin Delaney and Cheech Hernandez in what was a fairly lengthy back-and-forth match considering how the winners have been pushed. They won via Oceanea doing a Yoshi Tonic to Merlok off the second rope onto Cheech.

- Ophidian defeated Fire Ant. Towards the end of the match, Fire Ant kicked the poo poo out of Ophidian and refused to try and finish the match. Bryce warned him about this and Fire Ant relented for a second and tried for one last Beach Breaker to end things. Ophidian was able to squeak out a roll-up bridge pin and got the win. Fire Ant started beating on him afterwards, but Bryce pulled him off and started screaming that the match was over. Fire Ant sat on the apron slumped over while Ophidian was barely able to stand. Afterwards, Ophidian was interviewed and talked about how he had to dig deeper than ever to gain those three points. Next step is Juan Francisco.

- Tag World Grand Prix Qualifier: The Rumble Bees defeated Whisper and Troll. The story is that despite Whisper being a near-top heel, Troll is terrible and weighed him down. Whisper tapped out to the Sharpstinger.

- Juan Francisco came out to cut a very boring promo about how Dasher Hatfield is a hypocrite. Dasher's commentary constantly talks up what a cheater Juan Francisco is, but Dasher is guilty of such things as punching with a closed fist and attacking before the bell has rung. Juan Francisco even brought Bryce out to admit that those are against the rules, thereby making Dasher a cheater. Dasher appeared to warn Juan Francisco that he was going to eventually beat him and that he'd do it as someone his son can be proud of. Juan Francisco swore that he'd expose Dasher for the fraud he is.

- YLC Semifinals #1: Cameron Zagami defeated Blanch Babish. Dasher was scheduled to do commentary, but since he left due to the Juan Francisco situation, Jeremy Leary decided to take his place. He spent the match very interested in Babish, hinting at a future alliance.

- YLC Semifinals #2: Omari defeated Cajun Crawdad.

- Encore match: Thief Ant defeated some masked jobber with a wig. Thief Ant looks like the original Worker Ant, only with lots of tattoos on his arms. It was a short match that ended with Thief Ant winning with a Stunner. I'm guessing he's going to have a Eugene moveset.

In other news, Glacier has been confirmed for this year's Infinite Gauntlet match. They also have a video up recapping the Kimber Lee/Whisper storyline that wrote her out, suggesting that she's going to be appearing more often than just KOT.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Add Ken Anderson to the Infinite Gauntlet. Sure, why not.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Add Ken Anderson to the Infinite Gauntlet. Sure, why not.

Because it seems like a really bad fit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They did an Hour of Power today with the biggest development being that Green Ant II and Thief Ant upset Cajun Crawdad and Hermit Crab to qualify for Tag World Grand Prix. After the match, Fire Ant showed up and kicked their asses. Either he doesn't approve of their gimmicks or this is his way of protecting them from the fate of the other ants.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

They did an Hour of Power today with the biggest development being that Green Ant II and Thief Ant upset Cajun Crawdad and Hermit Crab to qualify for Tag World Grand Prix. After the match, Fire Ant showed up and kicked their asses. Either he doesn't approve of their gimmicks or this is his way of protecting them from the fate of the other ants.

To be fair, Thief Ant doesn't exactly sound like a good guy. I wonder if they are gonna turn Fire Ant full heel. That would be interesting.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Professor Nicodemus is the character find of 2018... er, late 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VzeZYvejuI

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
big Dr Cube vibes off that video. Same for World Conquering Ultramantis too

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who are the three ants in chikara now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo when did Bryce get named DoF, that rules

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Who are the three ants in chikara now

Fire Ant, Green Ant II and Thief Ant. The latter two are new rookies who have just started teaming up.

Fire Ant's deal is that he's consumed with vengeance and is lashing out at everyone. Frightmare took out all of his ant teammates, so Fire Ant co-founded a stable called the Furies for the sake of protecting Chikara against anyone who wants to take over. He ended up getting revenge on Frightmare by beating him so badly that Frightmare was on the shelf for half a year. Then he tore apart Frightmare's teammate Kobald. Then he disbanded the Furies for not taking things serious enough and focusing on their own issues. Then he started going after Ophidian because several years ago, Ophidian saved Frightmare's life (Frightmare was a face at the time). That didn't pan out for him so now he's attacking the two new ants.

It hasn't been said yet if he simply doesn't approve of them or if he feels he's protecting them from being taken out like all the rest.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Holy poo poo when did Bryce get named DoF, that rules

Just before the season started.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Young Lions Cup 2nd Stage was today.

- Tag World Grand Prix Qualifier: Los Ice Creams defeated Nouveau Aesthetic (Still Life with Pears and Apricots and Ursa Minor in the Night Sky). After the match, Blank attacked Los Ice Creams and cut a promo that was mainly him taking out markers and drawing his emotions over the Nouveau Aesthetic's tights. Like using a blue marker to draw tears from one's mask down to their leg. During this promo, the Boar attacked him and caused the next match to begin.

- Blank defeated the Proletariat Boar of Moldova. Boar dominated the match. Near the end, they went to the outside and Blank kept getting his Nouveau Aesthetic guys to step in his way and take the gores for him. Eventually, Boar saw Blank hiding behind the corner post and ran at him for a gore. Blank stepped out while holding up a chair, knocking Boar out and allowing Blank to win via count-out.

- Oceanea, Merlok, Cornelius Crummels and Sonny Defarge defeated Solo Darling, Travis Huckabee, Thief Ant and Green Ant. Crummels and Defarge looked like poo poo here. They briefly teased a showdown between Solo and Oceanea, but it got interrupted. The heels won when they did the Tidal Wave (Oceanea Yoshi Tonic'ing Merlok off the second rope) onto Huckabee. After the match, Huckabee said that Tag World is the Rumble Bees' last chance because if they lose, it might be best to go their separate ways.

Also, on Twitter, Worker Ant II/assailANT was live-tweeting the whole show while acting like he was 100% out of the loop about everything that's changed since he left. At first he was shocked and angry to see Thief Ant and Green Ant, but came around to them through the match and suggested that he might come by and mentor them in the near future.

- Juan Francisco de Coronado defeated Ophidian to retain the Grand Championship. Juan tried to use the Ecuadorian flag as a weapon and while the ref pulled it away, he kicked Ophidian in the junk and hit a German suplex. Ophidian barely kicked out (it looked like he accidentally didn't and the ref acted like he did), but then passed out to the Coronado Clutch. All the while, Dasher Hatfield ran down Juan on commentary for being a cheater.

- During intermission, they played a handful of videos from the YouTube channel (including an announcement that Flex Rumblecrunch will be returning at Infinite Gauntlet). Then for a few minutes, Blank had the Noveau Aesthetic guys do statue poses as he sat on the floor and looked on with artistic interest. Each pose was given a ridiculous name on-screen.

- Xyberhawx 2000 defeated DL Hurst and Anthony Greene to earn their second point.

- Tag World Grand Prix Qualifier: Throwbacks defeated Legion of Rot in a fantastic match. Afterwards, they cut a promo on how they'll be the only team to win Tag World twice.

- Young Lions Cup XIV Finals: Cam Zagami defeated Omari. Zagami heeled it up and put over Beyond Wrestling huge afterwards.

- Encore: Officer Barksdale defeated Rory Gulak.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

Crummels and Defarge looked like poo poo here.

Isn't that their whole gimmick?