Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Give us 10 free body bags. :colbert:
Or whatever those pouches are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Give me Buck’s Jason mask

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

keyframe posted:

Lmao technical limitations my rear end.

Limitation of not wanting to give us anything more than they have to.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

even if you didn’t have the specific numbers or if there is some stupid technical issue just give all legacy players a huge renown dump, like

Jesus christ

You miss the point.
If they gave a town renown to veteran players, they wouldn't need to buy R6 credits !

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

People on Reddit are literally saying dumb poo poo like "you script kiddies wouldn't understand, they need to store 2 years worth of renown activity and retrieve it"

and it's like no, all the info they need to do it is right there whenever you check an operator's loadout. Complete bullshit.

These are the same people who call you an idiot if you buy the starter edition after a free weekend and then want to upgrade to standard. It's always you being a dumb idiot and never ubi trying to mislead you with the free weekend experience.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
attachments are dirt cheap so we're only talking like 2k renown here but it just so happens that many of the cool skins and bundles cost about as much as a DLC operators.

veterans that bought season passes already spent all that extra renown outfitting every operator in the game.

the only people that will benefit from this are lowly standard edition peasants and as an elite endgame skin connoisseur this would be unacceptable. it is incredibly important that ubisoft does NOT destabilize the clown mask values any further and if anything they should remove them from the store asap and make them alpha pack only thabk you for your time

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I'd settle for some renown boosters at least, I mean gently caress dude they used to give those out like candy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Thief posted:

attachments are dirt cheap so we're only talking like 2k renown here but it just so happens that many of the cool skins and bundles cost about as much as a DLC operators.

veterans that bought season passes already spent all that extra renown outfitting every operator in the game.

It costs 5k renown to unlock all Ops in a CTU, there are 5 CTUs, so 25k Renown there.

+ ~400 renown for each op to get them scoped and gripped, so that's 20 * 400 = 8k more renown. Total 33k.

A ha! Enough renown to unlock Finka or Lion on the first day of the new season without buying the season pass, we can't have that!

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
PUBG was slapped together with dirt and snot and it still gave you a refund on BP credits

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It costs 5k renown to unlock all Ops in a CTU, there are 5 CTUs, so 25k Renown there.

+ ~400 renown for each op to get them scoped and gripped, so that's 20 * 400 = 8k more renown. Total 33k.

A ha! Enough renown to unlock Finka or Lion on the first day of the new season without buying the season pass, we can't have that!

That's probably the reason right there, or perhaps whatever infrastructure they have setup just can't do refunds in that large a quantity. Pretty sure they got pretty darn close when they took the ACOG's away from every defender except the fatties though.

tjones
May 13, 2005

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

That's probably the reason right there, or perhaps whatever infrastructure they have setup just can't do refunds in that large a quantity. Pretty sure they got pretty darn close when they took the ACOG's away from every defender except the fatties though.

There were only two other operators with acogs. Smokes acog was removed well before that.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It's a really bad look. Ubisoft is kicking me in the nuts for buying Siege right after the free weekend.

E:
"technically we could, but it might cost us some money."

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 2, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

did anyone actually believe Rockstar when they said they couldn't bring Red Dead Redemption to the pc?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I might be stupid but who cares?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Haha get hosed assholes. You refunded people for the ACOGs when they got removed. gently caress you.

The technical limitation is that Accounting would kill them if they gave away enough renown to buy both the new Season 3 ops as soon as they came out.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it'd be hilarious if their coders are so hard at work they manage to fix it just before the next operation health off season

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Lol wait, people thought there would be renown refunds for attachments? Hahaha, who loving cares? Out of all the reasons to be pissy at Ubi, this is the dumbest poo poo.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Jedrick posted:

Lol wait, people thought there would be renown refunds for attachments? Hahaha, who loving cares? Out of all the reasons to be pissy at Ubi, this is the dumbest poo poo.

They've kinda brought it on themselves considering they attempted to drum up community support over the defender acog removal outrage by giving refunds to players whom had those attachments removed during the update.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jedrick posted:

No, I knew they would cop out like the greedy cowards they are. Also I am perfectly capable of being mad at Ubisoft for all those reasons at the same time, thank you.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

tjones posted:

They've kinda brought it on themselves considering they attempted to drum up community support over the defender acog removal outrage by giving refunds to players whom had those attachments removed during the update.

Still though, it's like "Oh, I never have to spend renown on attachments ever again? Wahh! I demand reparations for this slight against me!"

Not really the same as removing options from operators.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if i get a tax return on my renowns i will just waste it on the diamond gun skin and blue spetsnaz uniforms

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Thief posted:

its also worth noting that you can pick literally anyone in the game and do fine with them so just choose one that interests you personally until you get an idea of what specific sort of role you'd like to fill. otherwise practically everyone gets at least one good weapon to use.

and even the base level operators are very good. Ash has been a top pick since she existed. and characters like Twitch and Fuze are incredibly flexible because of their loadout options

Also it rings pretty hollow when people say the DLC ops are OP, Ela being (imo) the obvious exception. Ash, Thermite, Jaeger, Bandit, Rook, Twitch, probably some others I can't think of, are all rock solid as gently caress and see play in pretty much every single round/game.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I think the main two who come across as OP DLC ops would be Ela because it is very common in lower levels to peek with, so she will always be memorable for all the wrong reasons, and Mira, because she is has a literal game defining ability (increasing defender sight lines, including through reinforcements) and to top it off, she has a nitro and extremely good smg. She was in literally every defending team in every single match I watched from the recent invitational, while Ela is more of a pub star. Beyond those two, it is all pretty fair, and definitely agree with a lot of the classic ops being very good. We will have to see if Finka or Lion can garner as much hate as Ela.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 2, 2018

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Claiming "technical limitations" is kind of stupid but considering it's a goodwill gesture to be removing the renown cost on this stuff in the first place the complaining beyond that is pretty ridiculous.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Captainicus posted:

I think the main two who come across as OP DLC ops would be Ela because it is very common in lower levels to peek with, so she will always be memorable for all the wrong reasons, and Mira, because she is has a literal game defining ability (increasing defender sight lines, including through reinforcements) and to top it off, she has a nitro and extremely good smg. She was in literally every defending team in every single match I watched from the recent invitational, while Ela is more of a pub star. Beyond those two, it is all pretty fair, and definitely agree with a lot of the classic ops being very good. We will have to see if Finka or Lion can garner as much hate as Ela.

yeah, mira owns and the only real downside to playing her is people try to tell you where to put them without you asking them. this just goes to show how game defining her ability truly is because it causes a lot of rage when you ignore them but its up to the mira to decide if she wants to deal with captain americas or not. imo she is most rewarding when you use her ability to force improvisation but you can always just fall back on direct obvious defenses until you get a feel for using them towards stuff like late deployments and flanking/baiting.

valk used to feel very op but now that dokkaebi counters her in an actual interesting way it is pretty cool. echo is also surprisingly quite popular now that people have gotten a feel for him and learned to trust in his mp5. all of these classes have a certain level of complexity to them that makes them difficult to master but extremely satisfying when you actually start using them beyond predictable textbook plays. and the game absolutely lets you get away with this sort of loose experimentation well up until platinum ranks so take advantage of it because its what makes siege so great.

also finka seems extremely OP at first glance but more importantly she has a russian shotgun which is the first time we've seen this on attack without a recruit :getin:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Koramei posted:

Claiming "technical limitations" is kind of stupid but considering it's a goodwill gesture to be removing the renown cost on this stuff in the first place the complaining beyond that is pretty ridiculous.

It isn't a "goodwill" gesture though it's a decision to make the game more accessible for brand new players. I am a slightly less than brand new player and I feel like I'm getting stiffed because I just finished unlocking all the original ops

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't know how much people care about clips but here are a few short ones bundled up. Two examples of being saved by sound design is when I hear the Valk move next to me on coastline and the very last clip

https://streamable.com/uj28g

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Just postin' while playing with goons on ps4!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Started to get back into this game with some buds, game owns but i suck poo poo.

Dokkaebi or whoever its said owns though, she's really fun to play, did surprisingly well with Vigil too, his gun is a monster.

Would you guys recommend me just sticking with a smallish pool of operators to learn the maps and stuff? Thinking of picking like 3 a side and just rotating them depending on my team.

Iq/Dokk/someone
Doc/Kapkan/Mira maybe?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
You guys complaining about operator costs, while I was paying 23k renown for ugly skins during Season1.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Just bought the hideous red new year's headgear and skin for Lesion, no regrets.

The Kingfish posted:

It isn't a "goodwill" gesture though it's a decision to make the game more accessible for brand new players.

Sure, either way it's bizarre to whine about it. The game's been doing better than ever, they didn't need to do this. Ubi's done some genuinely dumb things with Siege recently, so the outcry about not getting free renown where there was no reason to have any in the first place is pretty stupid.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Great night gaming with goons.

Especially loved the Ranked nail biters!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

When is Outbreak going live? For some reason I thought it was tomorrow.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
On the 6th, I think

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Azran posted:

On the 6th, I think
Cheers bud, a chance to get some actual work done then for me. :v:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Does anybody play on the xboner?

I need more friends there: surrealchemist

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/81izuv/chat_toxicity_update/

:getin:

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Reddit truly is a cesspool. Even with an ubi rep telling them straight up "you can call each other massive sacks of poo poo and dumb motherfuckers just dont drop the n-word or call anyone a f**" they want to cry about freeze peach.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I love the guy asking if using the pejorative, non-slur form of "gay" will get them banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jedrick posted:

As someone who bought the game during free weekend four months ago, i don't care

But i feel bad for people who just got the game a few weeks ago and just dumped all their renown on what could've been another operator.

And i feel bad for the handful of people who spent the 88k renown or whatever it costs to buy every single attachment for every gun for the sake of having a full collection or testing attachments methodically to tell everyone else which ones to use.