Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

onoxanax posted:

I am Retro Futurist. I have always been Retro Futurist. I will always be Retro Futurist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hey guys have you seen this chihayafuru show its pretty cool

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I’m Winvirus.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The truth is, I'm gay

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I just bought 200$ worth of clothes and still feel existentially empty inside

It wasn’t supposed to be like this

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
They are supposed to go on the outside of you!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

I bet you look fantastic though.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

BottleKnight posted:

maybe you can try buying me 200$ worth of stuff and see if that helps

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tolly Totes posted:

They are supposed to go on the outside of you!

:five:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm still good old Poison Mushroom. Though there are some who once called me... Colon V.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I bet you look fantastic though.

:wink:

you're goddamn right.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Why are we putting the dollar sign at the end of the number all of a sudden :confused:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

Why are we putting the dollar sign at the end of the number all of a sudden :confused:

tbh i always forget how it goes and it feels more natural to me to put it after the number because you say "200 dollars" vs "dollars 200" but :goonsay:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't Berenstein Bears'd again

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't Berenstein Bears'd again

Thank you for the TRUE spelling lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have incontrovertible proof we crossed over cause in elementary school I was having a conversation with my friend and the books came up and he went "Oh I know the authors, they were my neighbors, they send me a book every year" and we had a conversation about whether it was pronounced BerenSTEIN or BerenSTEEN, neither of which you can get from BerenSTAIN. And I had this memory as a "hey what a funny memory" for a long rear end time before this even came up.

My friend, alas, has always had a really bad memory and doesn't remember this conversation taking place.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I should be on Art Bell.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

flerp posted:

tbh i always forget how it goes and it feels more natural to me to put it after the number because you say "200 dollars" vs "dollars 200" but :goonsay:

:agreed:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Where's the lp

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tithin posted:

Where's the lp

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
It’s coming! I legit had no idea where to go and I got SO LOST. But I just found a new area so I think I have actual content again.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

It’s coming! I legit had no idea where to go and I got SO LOST. But I just found a new area so I think I have actual content again.

that would be a nice change

aha, ahaha... yeah... uh, just kidding man, just uh, just got a little choked up there is all

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

FINAL FANTASY VII

Okay so forgive me for this one, this game seems to love giving you no real idea where you’re meant to be going (was that fun at the time? I don’t remember this being a thing in FF8..) so after dropping me off in Golanga village or whatever I was totally hosed. I thought “hmm, a lot of important stuff happened in Junon, and last time I was there they guided me in the right direction, so maybe that’s a good place to start?

And this is new!! So I’m deffo on the right path!! Furious tweeting gets me back on the boat to Costa Del Sol and I’m pretty sure that’s not where I’m meant to be so back I go.

I can now take helicopter rides! Surely this new thing will take me somewhere important, a new area?

No I can just take a chopper from one end of the street to the other. :toot:

THE AIRSHIP! Cid was going on about getting that back, so maybe we can jump into it, fly it to the forest and.. nope, nope, can’t interact with it at all. Maybe Junon isn’t the place to be after all :(

Where did I go last time I needed to find Aeris? MIDGAR! Cool!! It’s a bit of a hike but I’m sure-

.. that I won’t even be able to get back inside..

At this point I give up on hoping that a helpful npc will point anything out (I even went back to the tiny house in the middle of nowhere that helped me last time, he just said “You again?!”) so instead I have to apply *video game logic*, that the next place to go just has to be a map marker I haven’t been to yet.

... which turns out to be the right course of action. Boo to you, FF7.

This was literally days of my life, so I’ve also got gil falling out of my arsehole and most people are pretty far along with learning all their limit breaks, at least.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Good, you're going to need that Gil.

For reasons.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asiina posted:

For reasons.

by reasons I assume you mean ciobo races

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asiina posted:

For reasons.

Buying 9 diamond bangles? Hell yeah!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Thought I’d fight a few of the monsters around here first to see what the expected combat difficulty was.

Zero threat but an annoying amount of hit points, each fight takes over a minute. Hope this isn’t a preview of things to come. Gives basically no exp when killed too, so I quickly move on.

To the *fuckin sickest* place in the game so far. Kind of a monster hunter aesthetic PLUS crashed F-15s. Love it.

These archeologists are hardcore. Literally no reason to put a smouldering skull on top of the tent but these guys don’t mess around.

Except when it comes to minigames. I applied my normal technique of just kind of bouldering through this and I was only on the 3rd go I realised I was meant to be digging where they were all looking not which one of them was being stared at the most. Moron.

Even then that took a couple of goes :argh:

Voila! Now I can enter the forest! Thanks for the millionth random minigame, this one wasn’t too painful even if it cost me a fair whack every time to play it.

And we’re in! Looking forward to a lot more plot and a lot less buggering about!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I love FF7 and I'm real sad I was not in a place where I could play mafia when it happened because it's basically my favorite game of all time

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Checking in to say that Depression blows loving balls.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

DGK2000 posted:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DGK2000 posted:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi i'm bowmore

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hi bowmore I’m eli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008