Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nigella Lawson is really pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I just listened to Autosport Podcast's testing wrap-up and their best guess at the order so far was:

1. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
---
3. Ferrari
---
4. McLaren
5. Renault

and no one really cared about the rest. The caveat with Ferrari was that they seemed to be experimenting quite a lot and it was hard to say where they actually were.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol, the engine notes coming out of those red bulls indicated that, although clearly they had one of the better chassis, there is no way in hell they are finishing ahead of Renault’s works team.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Lol, the engine notes coming out of those red bulls indicated that, although clearly they had one of the better chassis, there is no way in hell they are finishing ahead of Renault’s works team.

If McLaren were talking out their arse and their chassis was Williams tier rather than Red Bull tier (50/50 odds on this, given how bad the rest of the team is suffering from atrophy) then Renault is absolutely gonna want to keep Red Bull on side.

If they aren't hedging their bets to start the season I'd be v surprised, 'cos Renault is still several years from being a competitive team.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Nigella Lawson is really pretty

Uhhh, no, not really. Turn your monitor.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp im going to meet the ex today, Im a loving idiot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Tell her you're gay

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not gay

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

You are, you're tifosi

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

This is a bad idea OP. It might suck right now without her, but in a few weeks you'll be feeling so much better.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe she is your true life partner and it was always meant to be :dings:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

HJB posted:

One for poty: Why are all British heroes called Nigel?

Not sure who you're referring to, my heroes are called Elizabeth, Margareth, Theresa, Winston and Boris.

Nigel Farage has made xenophobic statements which I do not share. Also, he siphons Tory votes, last year we were one unhappy accident away from electing Jeremy Comradyn

poty fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 2, 2018

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Grid girls were nothing but F1's beards, literally all of us are gay.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m not, although it was touch and go for a while with a grid that contained both Kvyat and maldonado.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Grid girls were nothing but F1's beards, literally all of us are gay.

I'm gay for Alonso, no doubt about that.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

FYI it hurts even more the second time they break up with you. Generally they do it because they realise you must be kind of a pussy to get back together with them after they wrecked you in the first place.

Enjoy!

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 2, 2018

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

You are, you're tifosi

:discourse:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

poty posted:

Not sure who you're referring to, my heroes are called Elizabeth, Margareth, Theresa, Winston and Boris.

Nigel Farage has made xenophobic statements which I do not share. Also, he siphons Tory votes, last year we were one unhappy accident away from electing Jeremy Comradyn

Margareth?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

FYI it hurts even more the second time they break up with you. Generally they do it because they realise you must be kind of a pussy to get back together with them after they wrecked you in the first place.

Enjoy!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Enjoy!

Can you guys stop posting about Brexit please

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

This will be my second season trying to figure out this dead/dying sport. How much support does Renault give Red Bull and McLaren? Did they just deliver the engine with a "good luck, have fun" note? Honda looked like it had a pretty hands-on role in Amazon's McLaren series, but they also didn't have the competing interest of their own team.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Dinosaurs! posted:

This will be my second season trying to figure out this dead/dying sport. How much support does Renault give Red Bull and McLaren? Did they just deliver the engine with a "good luck, have fun" note? Honda looked like it had a pretty hands-on role in Amazon's McLaren series, but they also didn't have the competing interest of their own team.

McLaren are poo poo and Honda is gonna shine now that they are free from the infectious tumor that is British engineering.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so my boss just told me i need to finish a gently caress load of work today, work that i already send her but she took 2 months for medical reasons. i wont be seeing my ex today. destiny works in misterious ways

#forzaferrari

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

so my boss just told me i need to finish a gently caress load of work today, work that i already send her but she took 2 months for medical reasons. i wont be seeing my ex today. destiny works in misterious ways

#forzaferrari

Thank you for this update and valuable contribution to the thread. God bless.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Testing is when they put the car to the test.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Enjoy having her walk all over you (again and forever).

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dinosaurs! posted:

As of this season the manufacturers are required to give the teams they supply the same set up as the factory team if they want it, including software and fuel/oil specifications. Previously things like special quali modes were withheld. I know there's normally representatives of the manufacturer that the customer teams liaise with on race weekends.

Renault are still going to give Red Bull the least optimal parts off the production line just to gently caress with them.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Interesting. Thanks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Dinosaurs! posted:

Interesting. Thanks.

Remember that everyone unironically cheats though, so someone will definitely get caught withholding information or settings during the season.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I mean what's the point in enjoying a sport if there isn't cheating drama?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

#forzaferrari

#forzacompleto

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Dinosaurs! posted:

I mean what's the point in enjoying a sport if there isn't cheating drama?

I liked the part where a four time world champion was revealed to be a fraud, twice.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*motogp2 post

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
2007 and 2016?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For some reason the rbr renault is the worse sounding one to me?

also what was the $2 problem Boullier was talking about?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

For some reason the rbr renault is the worse sounding one to me?

also what was the $2 problem Boullier was talking about?

According to BBC "an exhaust clip broke" which was the reason for overheating on day 2

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

McLaren lads found the problem quickly and will ensure it doesn't happen during a race. It's our year boys.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

McLaren lads found the problem quickly and will ensure it doesn't happen during a race. It's our year boys.

My body is ready.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

...for the extreme disappointment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Liberty should bring back the radio ban. I enjoyed Hamilton saying TELL ME WHAT TO DO OR I'M GOING TO PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS and Bono saying WE DO NOT ADVISE THAT LEWIS