Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

japtor posted:

Have you played Vanquish? Technically it’s a cover shooter and can be played that way, but it’s basically designed for you to go balls out and just wreck poo poo once you know what you’re doing. And there’s a stealth level! (Which granted, I hosed up and just shot my way through)

Which part of Vanquish was the stealth level? I don't remember there being one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Policenaut posted:

The pro controllers that came out at launch are the ones with the terrible d-pads. Presumably they've been fixed by now, I know people were saying the Xenoblade 2 one was fixed but maybe regular ones might be fixed by now too.

It’s not fixed. B and C models seem to be “improved”.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The new Kirby feels really clunky at 30fps. It's hardly pushing any graphical boundaries either, they really should have been able to hit 60 with this :(

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which part of Vanquish was the stealth level? I don't remember there being one.
Stealth might be a stretch. It’s been a long rear end time, but I vaguely recall it being on the (really slow) transports or something, and you were supposed to take out search lights before you were spotted. I just remember screwing up, alarms going off, and rockets firing at me which I shot out of the air. Or something like that, again it’s been a few years.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Feenix posted:

It’s not fixed. B and C models seem to be “improved”.

Yea there are very slight changes but nothing close to a fix

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How's Portal Bridge Constructor? I loved Portal 1 or 2, but this isn't really like those at all, right?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

repiv posted:

The new Kirby feels really clunky at 30fps. It's hardly pushing any graphical boundaries either, they really should have been able to hit 60 with this :(

Mario at 60 kind of shows how bullshit this is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The big new Xenoblade 2 patch is out.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/02/xenoblade-chronicles-2s-1-3-0-update-advanced-new-game-now-live/

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIZ4tHk0a4A

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress yes I can finally get back into the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm genuienly glad I dont care about framerates in the slightest (unless its like 15 - 25).

Sucks to hear its bugging others though.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Samurai Sanders posted:

I should know this by now but in Bayonetta 1 what exactly does manual saving do?

It is just a carry over. I think the idea was that so you if you regretted spending your money you could always back track, but [shrug].

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Desire to play more intensifies :shepicide:

Probably gonna just wait until they're done all the patching though considering all the QoL poo poo they keep adding in. Maybe we'll get a 'less combat chatter' toggle yet!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how on earth is that Kirby game 30fps

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I guess it's a precaution for when there are ice effects, poo poo's on fire and water is splashing.

Or maybe it gets really good battery life in co-op.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

DLC Inc posted:

They probably have some insane backgrounds in the later levels that would make it unstable between 30-60

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Was Return to Dreamland and the 3DS Kirby’s in 60fps?

It’s a slight disappointment but the game still feels fine in the demo and looks surprisingly nice.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DLC Inc posted:

According to data miners, the main culprit is due to how extensive the lighting effects and shadows are.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Was Return to Dreamland and the 3DS Kirby’s in 60fps?

It’s a slight disappointment but the game still feels fine in the demo and looks surprisingly nice.

Yep, all those were in 60 FPS. Though Robobot dipped down to 30 FPS for certain cutscenes (namely the more busy ones.)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I for one am glad they sacrificed visual clarity in a game where you're always trying to track one of four similar looking dudes, in order to have better shadows.

thank you hal laboratory

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Robobot had frame drops in general on the normal 3DS from what I hear (I had it on N3DS so never noticed personally)

Then again I don't notice anyway so ymmv

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Robobot had frame drops in general on the normal 3DS from what I hear (I had it on N3DS so never noticed personally)

Then again I don't notice anyway so ymmv

It was straight up slowdown in Robobot's case, and it namely happened during the Robobot sections. They still happened on the N3DS, but far less often.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They found new technologies to make Kirby rounder; far leaps often come with processing compromises

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spellman posted:

They found new technologies to make Kirby rounder; far leaps often come with processing compromises

and pinker

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Between the not so hot framerate and intrusive AI allies I'm thinking kirby isn't a full price purchase for me. I'll get around to checking it out eventually though

Still working through bayo, which is so drat good, and after that I'm eyeing DQB or Doom. Holy gently caress switch has too many games I want :/

E: ohh and bayo 2 is obviously also on that shortlist I hope that goes without saying you guys!

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 2, 2018

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Blizzard response to Switch tweet: "We can assure you we’re not that clever,” a spokesperson for Blizzard Entertainment said via email. “[It was] meant to be a fun community engagement piece. We have nothing to announce."

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Borrowed Skyrim from the library... really just makes me want to play Breath of the Wild 2. I just can’t seem to get into Skyrim after about 3 hours.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pug Rodeo posted:

Blizzard response to Switch tweet: "We can assure you we’re not that clever,” a spokesperson for Blizzard Entertainment said via email. “[It was] meant to be a fun community engagement piece. We have nothing to announce."

Today. They have nothing to announce TODAY.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I had the same experience with Skyrim. Just felt like I was playing a subpar experience for no reason when I could be doing something else, games have come a long way since then and portability did little to help imo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Skyrim is something I enjoy coming back to every few years, but I don't know how anyone ever beats it or completes all the DLC. It's so loving long, and the core gameplay never changes. Once you've unlocked your chosen build's "cool stuff" you're still facing dozens more hours of the same thing.

That said I just played it for like two weeks straight. I am now sick of it again. I bought botw, but I don't think I'll have the free time to play it anytime soon. About to beat Odyssey. Not sure what to play next.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo forgot how time works and the playtime is being reset on peoples switch games to zero as it hits the 1 year anniversary

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

gently caress

IT'S SWITCH Y2K

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo forgot how time works and the playtime is being reset on peoples switch games to zero as it hits the 1 year anniversary

:catstare:

NO

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah anything you started on launch day is being reset to "first played 0 days ago" . Maybe playtime will show up again in 10 days lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why would that matter in any way?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My launch day switch poo poo the bed within a week so mine is from one of the resupplies. Hopefully they'll roll out a quick fix

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

It’s not a bug it’s a feature. Now I can be less embarrassed by some of my playtimes. I’m looking at you Stardew.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Anyone got an opinion on this Mulaka thing? Or, uh, "Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo"? "A Hole New World"?

Are there any recent small-name releases people would recommend?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Autonomous Monster posted:

Anyone got an opinion on this Mulaka thing? Or, uh, "Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo"? "A Hole New World"?

Are there any recent small-name releases people would recommend?

Detention came out yesterday and it's a really good Silent Hill inspired 2D game

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Picked up the console for my daughter's birthday. Any game recommendations? Already got Mario Odyssey and Legend of Zelda. Also, are there ever any sales because it seems like Nintendo games never go down in price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

goferchan posted:

Detention came out yesterday and it's a really good Silent Hill inspired 2D game

Got it already. I should probably get round to playing the drat thing, I've been meaning to for nearly a year now.

I'm in the mood for something a little more action-y, though.

• Locked thread