Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Technically the correct thread for this

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/969646881822400514

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That’s loving fantastic.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Weird Al is an actual national treasure.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Weird Al is an actual national treasure.

I'm not even ashamed to say that I saw him live two times before I could drive.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Sadly the actual story isn't as interesting as the headline.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Nine arrested after Dublin Lidl store is looted before thugs rip off its roof with a digger during Storm Emma wipeout

For context, it snowed heavily in Ireland about 3 days ago and because it was so bad, the majority of shops didn't open for ONE DAY.

So of course, occasional looting ensued.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 11:00 on Mar 3, 2018

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pookah posted:

For context, it snowed heavily in Ireland about 3 days ago and because it was so bad, the majority of shops didn't open for ONE DAY.

Isn't that every Sunday anyway

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Phlegmish posted:

Isn't that every Sunday anyway

No, most shops open on Sundays here, we aren't Presbyterians you know.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Pookah posted:

Nine arrested after Dublin Lidl store is looted before thugs rip off its roof with a digger during Storm Emma wipeout

The area this happened in is notoriously lovely.

Something was bound to happen once the people there realised the police couldn't get to them because of the weather.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Well it's a Lidl, so joke's on the looters.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Pookah posted:

More like Lidless.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Its a lidl bit funny

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pookah posted:

No, most shops open on Sundays here, we aren't Presbyterians you know.

Virtually all retail stores are closed on Sundays in historically Catholic Belgium. I assumed it was the same in Ireland. But then, over here it's mostly due to a continuation of medieval guild rules rather than religion, which no one under the age of eighty gives a poo poo about.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

jojoinnit posted:

Its a lidl bit funny

this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have a crane but boy if I did
I'd drive to a store and rip off its lid

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phlegmish posted:

Virtually all retail stores are closed on Sundays in historically Catholic Belgium. I assumed it was the same in Ireland. But then, over here it's mostly due to a continuation of medieval guild rules rather than religion, which no one under the age of eighty gives a poo poo about.

Medieval guilds were heavily religious though so it's only really one step removed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

19 year old Girl Arrested for Offering ‘Free Sex’ After 3,000 People Raced to Her Hotel

http://www.worldofbuzz.com/19yo-girl-arrested-offering-free-sex-3000-people-raced-hotel/

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That headline is priceless work of art for the ages.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I think this may be the best headline since "SUPER CALLY GOES BALLISTIC, QPR ATROCIOUS" in the Liverpool Echo after footballer Ian Callaghan (who played for Liverpool) totally dunked on Queens Park Rangers.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/971071520654217218

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sir, this is PYF not Coupons & Deals. The "Video game and video game paraphernalia deals megathread" is over that way.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:catstare:

Graedyn
Feb 21, 2009

Wedge Regret

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have a crane but boy if I did
I'd drive to a store and rip off its lid

Quoting to give this the love it deserves. :cheers:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I played Inside. I know what the silhouette on the box is. Your choice of emoticon seems appropriate.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pookah posted:

When I lived in Ireland it snowed exactly once, like one inch, and everything was closed and the streets were deserted. I'm glad to know that the logical conclusion where , at 6 inches of snow, Dublin gets taken over by mad max looter gangs has become reality.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Why rip the roof off AFTER looting it?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
https://twitter.com/esquire/status/970811437345107969

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, that works if you're a unique specimen and work out like 2 times a day and don't have a job.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Plinkey posted:

Yeah, that works if you're a unique specimen and work out like 2 times a day and don't have a job.
Exactly how I feel. If I was getting paid to spend all day getting into top burrito shape I could be the next DDL.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Not a news headline, but a scientific paper: An analysis of the forces required to drag sheep over various surfaces.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Amphigory posted:

Why rip the roof off AFTER looting it?

Just being thorough, like when you have a bottle of lotion or liquid foundation or something with a pump cap that seems like it's empty, then you remove the cap and there's like half a bottle left.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

small bird pudding posted:

Just being thorough, like when you have a bottle of lotion or liquid foundation or something with a pump cap that seems like it's empty, then you remove the cap and there's like half a bottle left.

It's probably also when they were trying to get at the safe.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
What was the movie?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randpop:

I think my mother would have stabbed somebody for putting their hands on one of her children.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/971446728468652032

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/971302432130195456

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frankenstein was portrayed as a victim in the book pretty clearly, wasn't he?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Randaconda posted:

Frankenstein was portrayed as a victim in the book pretty clearly, wasn't he?

Yes. The thesis here is that only perfect angelic paragons of virtue can be real victims. Once you do something wrong you become a perpetrator, and no one can be both a victim and a perpetrator.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes. The thesis here is that only perfect angelic paragons of virtue can be real victims. Once you do something wrong you become a perpetrator, and no one can be both a victim and a perpetrator.

What the gently caress is that is even on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

he just made explicit the abstract thought behind what makes america great