Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

belt posted:

Yeah, turns out I'm an idiot. Thought it was covered, but I just looked that the documentation, and it isn't.

That's cool... with Costco, you just never know where the line of their awesomness is drawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

GORDON posted:

That's cool... with Costco, you just never know where the line of their awesomness is drawn.
tbh you could go p much anywhere and a puncture is gonna be a p small bill, sucks that there's literally no warranty tho.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I got curious and started googling. It looks to me like they will probably cover it and repair that flat for you. Please update is worth your outcome though.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sweet, the Costco Anywhere Visa card got rid of it's foreign transaction fee.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Sweet, the Costco Anywhere Visa card got rid of it's foreign transaction fee.

Yeah this let us close one of our other credit cards we'd been holding for no other reason.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

LOL, I skip 600 posts, and retarded man children are still arguing for ketchup on a hot dog. Do you get upset if the food on your dinner plate touches each other?

Do you miss your high chair?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

do you have anything original or funny to say about it

anything

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

belt posted:

Yeah, turns out I'm an idiot. Thought it was covered, but I just looked that the documentation, and it isn't.

Costco does free flat repair on any tire sold there. They tend to be conservative on what they will fix though. if its near the sidewall, then a big maybe.
Some Costco tire shops will also do flat repair for other brands if they are not busy. Usually for a $15 or so fee. I got a flat fixed on my truck last year with Falken tires.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

therobit posted:

I got curious and started googling. It looks to me like they will probably cover it and repair that flat for you. Please update is worth your outcome though.

Costco road hazard warranty information.

Looks like as long as you're the original purchaser, you have the receipt, the tires have been regularly rotated and the damage wasn't caused by vandalism, an accident, off road use or misalignment they'll cover it.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

belt posted:

I went to get a tire patched recently and it came out to $11 because I didn't buy the tire there. They asked before service if I had bought the tire there and I assumed that to mean it'd be less or free if I had. Could always call the auto dept and ask.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Ketchup is a sugar sauce. :colbert:

It is only acceptable as an ingredient (sometimes you need tomato paste, sugar and vinegar).

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Where's my liter bottles of Kirkland mushroom ketchup

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gonna get a dog this weekend

+ soda (with refill)

:cheers:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Gonna get a dog this weekend

+ soda (with refill)

:cheers:

:same: Probably top up the gas tank, too.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I need to go buy a new tub of coconut oil to slather myself with, old one finally ran out and summer is comin' soon

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Black August posted:

I need to go buy a new tub of coconut oil to slather myself with, old one finally ran out and summer is comin' soon

Is there a reason that ky jelly doesn't do it for you?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Do they sell the deli mustard they have at the food court?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It looks like that mustard is just Heinz spicy brown. As to whether they sell it specifically, no idea.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I just got back from Costco. On the way out I picked up a hot dog and pop, but there were no free spots to eat so I figured I'd just take my food out to the cart area and eat there. The receipt checker wouldn't let me take my tray out there, so i got to be one of those annoying people who held up the entire line of people trying to get out of Costco while the checker went to find a cardboard tray I could use. That's the price of freedom I suppose.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

Ok, tire puncture update, as requested.

TL;DR - I have no news about Costco policy.

My Costco is about 18 miles away. The tire was flat in my driveway this morning, after getting punctured last night. I could hear the air hissing out. I was afraid I wouldn't get all the way there without going flat again, so instead of putting on the spare in a slushy driveway (it's still winter here) and driving to the 'Co, I filled it with 40 PSI of air and drive 3 miles to the nearest tire shop where they put a plug in it for me, for $15. I got to cut in line and then about a 15 minute wait, because they didn't want it going flat in the parking lot.

But I'm guessing if I'd gone to Costco and smiled and asked nicely, they'd probably have patched it for free because they are the 'Co. The 'Co works in mysterious ways.... just look at those Christmas tree returns.

Moral of the story: people who negligently drop nails and screws on the road need to be beaten.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There really ought to be a national nail and screw registry. My two back tires got punctured by a few screws last month.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

:same: Probably top up the gas tank, too.

Yeah thats the play. Get gas, park, foodcourt.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

InternetJunky posted:

I just got back from Costco. On the way out I picked up a hot dog and pop, but there were no free spots to eat so I figured I'd just take my food out to the cart area and eat there. The receipt checker wouldn't let me take my tray out there, so i got to be one of those annoying people who held up the entire line of people trying to get out of Costco while the checker went to find a cardboard tray I could use. That's the price of freedom I suppose.

You have trays? They just pile up our pizza slices one on top of another.

Our food courts are outdoors though.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

They just wrap our dogs in paper/aluminum.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

if it's the kodiak brand, I buy the pancake mix they make and that poo poo is good...i mean it's just pancakes but i feel healthy about them

my co also sells three different flavors of their fruit syrup which is very good too

Kodiak cakes are the best. Use the milk and eggs recipe.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Yeah this let us close one of our other credit cards we'd been holding for no other reason.

I have another lovely Citi Card with some American Airlines bullshit that I don't use at all. I'm afraid to close it because I don't want the credit score hit. I like my credit where it's at right now and the increasing trend.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

FCKGW posted:

You have trays? They just pile up our pizza slices one on top of another.

Our food courts are outdoors though.
Currently -20C here so outdoors food court isn't practical, but their solution of jamming in the food court to the tiny area you pass as you exit isn't that great either. There's 10 available tables, usually 20 full shopping carts just left all over the place while people eat, and a constant stream of people going past as they exit the store. I feel like whoever designed their stores was a sadistic gently caress.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Going on a multi-state trip soon, made sure to find a Costco right off the highway on my way so that I can be blessed with a dog instead of regretful sinning with McDongles or Subwhey.

It's gonna be the highlight of the drive :getin:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I'm just trying to imagine the empty existence of traveling through multiple states full of delicious local food and believing that your only real options are a hot dog, subway or mcdonalds.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The stomach wants what the stomach wants.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

The stomach wants what the stomach wants.

Sounds made up

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:chanpop:

mods?????

Sounds like you haven't done much driving through the middle of suck my god dang balls no-where before. Or done much road travel in general because a quick, cheap, consistent bite to eat during a cheap, consistent (probably not fast) gas stop is a blessing on a long dusty trail.

Praise Be.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taima posted:

I'm just trying to imagine the empty existence of traveling through multiple states full of delicious local food and believing that your only real options are a hot dog, subway or mcdonalds.

I've traveled extensively, and the problem I've noticed is that one doesn't always KNOW where the good places are, that only the locals know about.

Like, rarely.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

I've traveled extensively, and the problem I've noticed is that one doesn't always KNOW where the good places are, that only the locals know about.

Like, rarely.

Same. And you normally have to travel into whatever town to find it. I've traveled across the country in a car a few times and the thing I look for most is local diners. Those might be near the interstate at least.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Taima posted:

There's a whole lot of the US where there is no delicious food to be had, unless you're cooking it yourself.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The farther you get from a big city, the more likely it is that the only restaurants around are garbage.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Peachfart posted:

The farther you get from a big city, the more likely it is that the only restaurants around are garbage.

There's a small outlier to this rule though.. I find small towns sometimes have one or two really amazing restaurants. Probably because mediocre ones wouldn't last long in such a small market that relies on repeat patrons.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

There's a small outlier to this rule though.. I find small towns sometimes have one or two really amazing restaurants. Probably because mediocre ones wouldn't last long in such a small market that relies on repeat patrons.

Look for the full parking lot at lunch time.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Drove some friends to church this morning! I'm sadly not getting anything for my apartment but I will definitely be partaking in the 1/4 lb all beef hot dog and drink with refill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

smoobles posted:

In my experience most of the small town "best restaurants in town" are hilariously underwhelming. Sadly most of my time was spent driving around the midwest, so lemme tell ya about weaponized mediocrity.

Oh sweet, it's like a Denny's, but more expensive, even worse for my health, and has all the calories I need in a week. Solid pass.

Oh they use local produce? Can't tell under the pound of butter you ruined it with. When spicy is Tabasco at best and "black pepper is too hot for me" at worst.

These are "the best in town" to people who think Applebee's is a fancy night out... and drive 50 miles to get to one.