Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I know who did the deed last night. Fess up and get strung up, ya rat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
All I know is when there's scum about some of 'em know how to fly under the radar and some people just don't go down easy at all. Just look at our boy Gridlocked who was taken down last night. I reckon if anyone had gone after him the night before he'd be sittin' pretty.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh, I'm too dumb for subtlety

##vote Hal

I'm a joat of sorts, tracked him to the kill.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Hal

I'll buy that for a dollar! ##Vote Hal

Interesting though that he seemed to be "funny talking" yesterday. If he flips SK then that probably doesn't bust my theory that Scum don't get the message when an attempt is made to make them talk funny. If Hal is Human aligned then Atomic Soda and merk are considerable for me again.

Speaking of which, Lando are you talking funny, and if so, how are you suspicious of merk being Human after he was talking funny D1?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

##vote Hal

Sold.

##vote Hal

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Oh wait a minute Gridlocked was not "carefully chopped up", he was "shot in the head", which I thought was the Human kill style... hmmmm.

Possible that "chopped up" was a 1-shot?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sold.

##vote Hal

Ah poo poo, forgot I have to do a stupid thing today.

##vote Genex even though I don't want him lynched.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

Oh wait a minute Gridlocked was not "carefully chopped up", he was "shot in the head", which I thought was the Human kill style... hmmmm.

Possible that "chopped up" was a 1-shot?

Sounds serial killery. Maybe it was blocked.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lando131 posted:

All I know is when there's scum about some of 'em know how to fly under the radar and some people just don't go down easy at all. Just look at our boy Gridlocked who was taken down last night. I reckon if anyone had gone after him the night before he'd be sittin' pretty.

What the hell is this

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lando131 posted:

Cool, but answer tobbs’ question because it sure looks like MMT cleared merk

Also I have no idea how to parse what you just said and if it’s a roleclaim/weird resultsclaim please don’t do that

Speaking of results and roles:

Hal, speak up.

Lumpen posted:

Interesting though that he seemed to be "funny talking" yesterday. If he flips SK then that probably doesn't bust my theory that Scum don't get the message when an attempt is made to make them talk funny. If Hal is Human aligned then Atomic Soda and merk are considerable for me again.

Speaking of which, Lando are you talking funny, and if so, how are you suspicious of merk being Human after he was talking funny D1?

I think post restriction stuff isn’t necessarily scum-induced and that discussion over it will lead nowhere

Anyway, I want to test a thing:

##vote Quid

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

##vote Hal

Bold claim partner. By my reckoning we have two good candidates for a good ol' neck stretchin' today, though yours might just take the cake.

Tell you what though, after the sun went spinnin' round yesterday I think we ought to cool it. Maybe let the dread sink in and see if we can make 'em squeal 'bout the rest of their posse.

Lumpen posted:

I ain't buyin' your theories. Too easy, too many. How many town you thinkin' can be cleared by funny talkin' before you figure we got ourselves a regular circus? Nosir I think you're barkin' up the wrong tree and ought to start lookin' elsewhere.

You're right about one thing though, I woke up today feelin like a changed man. And ya know what? I think I like it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
:ghost: My plan to sleep my way to success failed! Have fun goons :ghost:

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

GeneX posted:

Cool, but answer tobbs’ question because it sure looks like MMT cleared merk

Also I have no idea how to parse what you just said and if it’s a roleclaim/weird resultsclaim please don’t do that

I ain't afraid to lay it straight. merk may be bulletproof or a godfather. Quid too. Wanna see something funny?

merk posted:

I want to correct this real fast. You mean with her claimed ability it doesn't make a lot of sense for her to be scum based on what we know right now.

Town loses when we assume people aren't scum based solely on role. We don't have perfect information. She could be lying (e.g. Faulty Vig?).

Hoisted by his own petard. Aren't you happy merk? I finally believe you about something am and taking your advice.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Yeah let's vote for the guy who got tracked to a kill.

## vote hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lando, you were wrong about a major factor in your case yesterday. You’ve done no re-evaluation of the game based on what’s happening.

What are you doing?

What even is your case?

##vote Lando

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Still no updates on the injection thing btw, how about you lumpen?

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ah poo poo, forgot I have to do a stupid thing today.

##vote Genex even though I don't want him lynched.

Well now isn't this interesting. This looks like claim of making choice that isn't a choice at all. Care to elaborate on this one, or are you restricted from saying why you're voting someone you are so very sure of, for reasons you are restricted from telling us?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

50 pounds of bread posted:

Nothing here, hopefully nobody else got injected last night and it ended with flerp dying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Hal

Real talk, someone grabbed me from behind last night and said that Westworld thing (violent pleasures lead to violent deeds or whatever) and made me kill someone

So you probably did track me but it wasn’t of my own volition

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Oh, well that sounds like a thing too.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

50 pounds of bread posted:

Lumpen posted:

Nothing here, hopefully nobody else got injected last night and it ended with flerp dying.

I got injected last night :sadpeanut:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Real talk, someone grabbed me from behind last night and said that Westworld thing (violent pleasures lead to violent deeds or whatever) and made me kill someone

What'd you do the first two nights?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I got injected last night :sadpeanut:

What'd you do the first two nights?

I had no N0 action, N1 I visited Atomic Soda but I’m not saying more about that right now

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

Well now isn't this interesting. This looks like claim of making choice that isn't a choice at all. Care to elaborate on this one, or are you restricted from saying why you're voting someone you are so very sure of, for reasons you are restricted from telling us?

More forbidden stuff. Gotta vote him, don't want him lynched.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha I believe this and also ##Vote AA.
A "sort of joat", eh? Tell me about your previous actions.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lando131 posted:

I ain't afraid to lay it straight. merk may be bulletproof or a godfather. Quid too. Wanna see something funny

Do you have an actual reason to believe this rather than the much more obvious answer of “merk is town”?

Quid is town though

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

Were you forced to kill Gridlocked specifically or just forced to "kill someone" and it was your choice?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I think Hal is the vote tonight pending some really convincing argument about how he was tracked to the kill (so far I'm not buying it). ##vote Hal

That said,

b-minus1 posted:

It just feels like [50] s trying extra hard to appear town and doesn't feel genuine. His behavior reminds me of Kash's in FF6 I think aka a scum that is faking a bunch of townie reactions (fake frustration with trying to figure out the game, asking leading questions about specific players, etc) idk maybe im not explaining it correctly or i've just never played with lando before so im not used to his style of play. just don't like posts like these:
"That's exactly why I want to hear from Quid. It comes down to a matter of whether we trust MMT's claim or not."

b-minus1 posted:

I think merk is scum and is trying to appear like he's scum hunting by providing worthless/fake reads.
##vote merk

I feel pretty strongly that b-minus is also scum. He sounds exactly like I do when I'm scum - some convincing sounding fake-cases with scattered comments that make him sound engaged, but to me it comes off as detached, like he isn't actually interested in finding out who the scum are. Notably, I'm suspicious of how he cased 50 but then didn't really follow up on it at all, choosing instead to go after Merk.

b-: who's your strongest suspect and why?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Were you forced to kill Gridlocked specifically or just forced to "kill someone" and it was your choice?

I didn’t have any say in it and I didn’t know I killed gridlock until AA said he tracked me. I took the flavor in my PM to mean I was going to have to kill someone the next night originally. It was clear that I had no say in who it was though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I think Hal is the vote tonight pending some really convincing argument about how he was tracked to the kill (so far I'm not buying it). ##vote Hal

Ummm ok there isn’t going to be any other argument because I WAS tracked to the kill but whatever

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I would like to apologize most deeply for being absent through-out D2. Thursday is generally the busiest day of the week for me (most lectures + board game night), and the day went past like a cheetah on coke. I particularly enjoyed the exploration of poetry, and I wish I was around to contribute my own feelings as I was reading.

Black hole sun
Won't you come
And wash away the rain

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I shall be attempting to collate my thoughts on the happenings of the day, and try to summarize them in a satisfying fashion. I am not sure I want to go into making a list again. That was a bleak, horrible place that I do not wish to fight through a second time.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

##vote Hal

AA, I checked and you never mentioned having any suspicion of Hal at all. You didn't post at all on D2 until immediately after DGK modkilled himself, but your last list of claimed suspicions was:

Would vote definitely snail, definitely gridlock, merk probably, flerp probably.
So lets suppose you are a Town Joat-of-sorts, explain your train of thought that leads you to use Track on Hal on N2...

AA why track Hal?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Ha I believe this and also ##Vote AA.
A "sort of joat", eh? Tell me about your previous actions.

FWIW I caught what I assumed was AA breadcrumbing tracker d1 which was part of the reason I backed off him.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I had no N0 action, N1 I visited Atomic Soda but I’m not saying more about that right now

You were tracked to the kill, can you explain what the gain is in not sharing what you did n1?

AS: do you know what Hal did?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

FWIW I caught what I assumed was AA breadcrumbing tracker d1 which was part of the reason I backed off him
Quote it please. Also he is not claiming Tracker he is claiming "Joat of a sort".

Hal talked funny yesterday, and his excuse strikes me as more plausible than AA's claim.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hello, i have family stuff today so will be scarce till tomorrow

but no, i don't know what hal did. i did get a funny talk yesterday tho.

i'd also like to know why aa tracked hal and am just as suspicious of them atm. what hal's described seems very plausible.

hal you should probably let us know what you did, or you're likely the lunch today.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

AA, I checked and you never mentioned having any suspicion of Hal at all. You didn't post at all on D2 until immediately after DGK modkilled himself, but your last list of claimed suspicions was:

So lets suppose you are a Town Joat-of-sorts, explain your train of thought that leads you to use Track on Hal on N2...

I'm not too sure I agree with the logic that someone's suspicions on D1 are going to reliably predict who they'll track on N2 (after a shortened D2) but I'm curious to hear what AA has to say., when most of the people on that list had flipped or were investigated.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ummm ok there isn’t going to be any other argument because I WAS tracked to the kill but whatever

It's interesting to me that Lumpen came to the conclusion that AA might be the suspicious one who forced you to kill (which I'd expect of a town player), but that you just accepted that AA is telling the truth instead of accusing him of being the one who controlled you.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Quote it please. Also he is not claiming Tracker he is claiming "Joat of a sort".

Unrelated to solving the game but just in general: makes me happy to see such a mix of player/community experience in this game. New, old, etc. Kinda neat.

Ok back on track.

Again, I'm not saying it's a sure thing, just that when I saw that post on d1 I assumed AA was a tracker (which is why I think I'm more inclined to believe him)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not too sure I agree with the logic that someone's suspicions on D1 are going to reliably predict who they'll track on N2 (after a shortened D2) but I'm curious to hear what AA has to say., when most of the people on that list had flipped or were investigated.

It's interesting to me that Lumpen came to the conclusion that AA might be the suspicious one who forced you to kill (which I'd expect of a town player), but that you just accepted that AA is telling the truth instead of accusing him of being the one who controlled you.

I did think of that after but I’m also on vacation and out with family so I am not putting a lot of thought in. Also that would be a pretty ballsy move by AA so it isn’t the first place I went with it. He’d have to know he’d be in a tough spot after my flip and it is pretty early for a gambit like that

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

I did think of that after but I’m also on vacation and out with family so I am not putting a lot of thought in. Also that would be a pretty ballsy move by AA so it isn’t the first place I went with it. He’d have to know he’d be in a tough spot after my flip and it is pretty early for a gambit like that
I thought about this too, but would he be in a tough spot, really? He's claiming he Tracked you, and he is just reporting an event that a real Tracker would have seen, so if you flip Town why wouldn't he expect to get away with it? If he's Scum and you're Town I assume he would know how you would claim innocence, so would he think you would be believed? Even if you were believed and not lynched, Gridlocked is still dead and AA might expect to come away with Town cred from his claim. The fact that he claims Joat vs Tracker is also red flag fishy to me, since there could still possibly be an actual straight-up Town Tracker around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is where I'm at, I kind of want to see your flip just in case, but a claim like AA's as scum would be ballsy even for me.

Did anyone else get whispered like Hal says he was?

• Locked thread