Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Darkwing Duck world when?

...I feel like I have posted this before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My hopes are for Stitch, Zootopia, Wreck-It Ralph, Maui summon, and Vader bonus boss

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I mean, they have a lot of movies, but what I meant is a number of these remaining movies wouldn't work well. Like Bambi's a good movie, but it really wouldn't work out well as a world. A good forty minutes of the movie is basically "Cute Disney animals doing cute Disney animal things." And I thought T.V. shows were taboo, with the attempted Gargoyles world being an exception due to popularity. And then there's movies that didn't do well that I'm not sure if Disney would let them use. Like Treasure Planet and The Black Cauldron considering how poorly those movies did, especially by Disney standards.

Wait, there was a planned Gargoyles world? For which game? I know there was going to be a Jungle Book world in BBS and a Pinocchio world in Days (assets from both have been found if you feel like looking them up) at any rate.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Larryb posted:

Wait, there was a planned Gargoyles world? For which game? I know there was going to be a Jungle Book world in BBS and a Pinocchio world in Days (assets from both have been found if you feel like looking them up) at any rate.
It was supposed to be in III. I'm not really sure why it fell through.

And I do hope we get a Jungle Book world. I mean Sora's already slaughtered a leopard and a lion, might as well add a tiger to the mix.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Greg Weisman said he had friends who were working on KH and were pushing for it but those friends eventually got fired.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still unironically want a Lost world in Kingdom Hearts.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I want to see KH worlds but instead of disney worlds they travel through Square enix worlds. Give me a FF7, FF8, FFX, etc worlds where Sora has to magically travel through the entire plot of these 40 hour games within 2 hour long world trips

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Or even non-FF Square properties (Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, The World Ends With You, the Xeno series, Life is Strange, Full Metal Alchemist, The Bouncer, Nier/Drakengard, etc). Basically I want to see them make a world out of anything Square/Disney related just to see how many hoops they'd have to jump through to make them work (the more ill-fitting the better). Most of those would probably never happen of course (though they did do a Pirates of the Caribbean world in KH2, which is a little less kid friendly than the normal fare).

But seriously, as has been discussed earlier FMA and Nier could actually work considering the former has a lot of similar themes and in the latter the Shades are practically interchangable with the Heartless anyway. There's enough stuff left in the libraries of both companies for at least 4 more games if they're willing to go outside the box a bit.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 3, 2018

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'd forgive every fault, plothole, retcon, and general mistake the series has if they made a Fullmetal Alchemist world.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lmao parasite eve world

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

What Kingdom hearts plot was really missing was gene plots and mitochondria

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If FMA gets in it should specifically be Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir because I remember thinking that game was fun.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pixeltendo posted:

What Kingdom hearts plot was really missing was gene plots and mitochondria

mitochondria are parasitic organisms that are actually heartless

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
How many confirmed worlds are there?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RC Cola posted:

How many confirmed worlds are there?

As far as I can remember, so far we've got:

Olympus Colosseum
Twilight Town
Tangled
Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
Big Hero 6
Possibly the Realm of Darkness

Any more I'm forgetting?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Larryb posted:

As far as I can remember, so far we've got:

Olympus Colosseum
Twilight Town
Tangled
Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
Big Hero 6
Possibly the Realm of Darkness

Any more I'm forgetting?

Daybreak Town is likely to be in there, too. It's where the mobile game takes place.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I'm pretty sure that's all we've seen, although I'll be very surprised if we don't get Castle Oblivion turning back into the Land of Departure at some point.

Larryb posted:

I believe there's also been plans for Treasure Planet and Emperor's New Groove world's at various points, although I can't remember where I heard that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Larryb posted:

gently caress I loved Gargoyles as a kid.

I was thinking recently, it's really odd that Disney has never gone ahead with a live action Gargoyles film. A shame that Jonathan Frakes would be too old for the role now. But you could still get Keith David for Goliath.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually a Bambi world like the Lion King world but nobody talked the entire time would be hauntingly beautiful and hilarious

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Viridiant posted:

Also today one of my roommates asked me to explain 358/2 Days to her and even though I understand it in my head it was really frustrating to try to sort out verbally.

Really? 358 has a pretty hefty entry fee, since you need to know what a Roxas is, what Nobodies are, and the events of Chain of Memories. The actual in-game events are pretty straight forward though. Roxas is Sora's nobody. The Organization wants to use him to farm hearts for the big heart Xemnas is building. They build Xion to catch Sora's memories once Namine starts pulling them apart so that she could farm hearts in the event that both Sora and Roxas don't work out. Xion meets Riku. Riku explains that she and Roxas need to go away for Sora to come back. Xion decides to suicide by cop. Roxas absorbs her, Riku captures him, Kingdom Hearts 2 happens.

I'm mad as poo poo that I see that as straight forward.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Actually a Bambi world like the Lion King world but nobody talked the entire time would be hauntingly beautiful and hilarious
Imagine if they had a Bambi world, and then "Man" turned out to be Gaston, referencing how the Disney team joked that he shot Bambi's mother. That'd just be beautiful.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean they made a tron world and a potc world and they still haven't touched stuff that is way more popular despite being older. There's kingdom hearts games for days

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

SonicRulez posted:

Really? 358 has a pretty hefty entry fee, since you need to know what a Roxas is, what Nobodies are, and the events of Chain of Memories. The actual in-game events are pretty straight forward though. Roxas is Sora's nobody. The Organization wants to use him to farm hearts for the big heart Xemnas is building. They build Xion to catch Sora's memories once Namine starts pulling them apart so that she could farm hearts in the event that both Sora and Roxas don't work out. Xion meets Riku. Riku explains that she and Roxas need to go away for Sora to come back. Xion decides to suicide by cop. Roxas absorbs her, Riku captures him, Kingdom Hearts 2 happens.

I'm mad as poo poo that I see that as straight forward.

Thanks I'm just going to read this post to her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Tell her she's missing out on a lot of softcore ice cream inneuendo though, that's pretty huge.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Calaveron posted:

I mean they made a tron world and a potc world and they still haven't touched stuff that is way more popular despite being older. There's kingdom hearts games for days

358/2 days, to be precise.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Viridiant posted:

Thanks I'm just going to read this post to her.

Why don't you like your roommate?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It's funny how much Xion's character reads like a lovely self-insert OC. Young female teen that joins as a fourteenth member of Organization XIII that's inexplicably able to wield the Keyblade while being best buddies with Roxas and Axel, and also kind of chummy with Riku by the end of the game, who also has personal ties with Sora.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

It's funny how much Xion's character reads like a lovely self-insert OC. Young female teen that joins as a fourteenth member of Organization XIII that's inexplicably able to wield the Keyblade while being best buddies with Roxas and Axel, and also kind of chummy with Riku by the end of the game, who also has personal ties with Sora.

More OCs would be way, WAY better if they force their friends to kill them by the end so the canon events of the story can happen as they should

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm glad they're bringing back D-Links to be honest, I liked em even if I'm the only BBS player who used more than a couple.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
In KH3 they seem to be less D-Links and more traditional Summons by another name.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LordMune posted:

In KH3 they seem to be less D-Links and more traditional Summons by another name.

Command Styles seem to be back at the very least going by some of the more recent trailers and if Fragmentary Passage is any indication they're bringing back Shotlocks as well. Which is fine by me as the battle system in BBS is probably my favorite of the whole series (even if it makes it super easy to break the game).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 3, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just want 8 Drive forms

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

What does aqua have to do with chain of memories

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Billzasilver posted:

What does aqua have to do with chain of memories

she created castle oblivion

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I'm not entirely sure you can pin CoM on Aqua except in a really indirect way. She enacted a failsafe to keep a key location between Light and Dark safe, and hid Ven there. It was almost certainly better than the alternative of both allowing the Realm of Departure be easily taken over and lugging the sleeping X-blade around. Every other "safe" place has been shown to be invadable (Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, Yen Sid's, Disney Castle).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the safest place is the hundred acres wood

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
As dumb as the BBS crew are at least they aren’t nearly as dumb as the five foretellers, the group so dumb it resulted in the keyblade war in the first place.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 4, 2018

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No, I don't think so. Their Master was clearly the knowing and intentional instigator there, and why would they distrust the man who taught them everything they know and the importance of upholding the light? The only really dumb thing they did was not just telling everybody else "yo, so the Master has me doing such and such, just a heads up"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey if the Master wanted me to do something, I'd do it, he seems like a cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

But seriously, as has been discussed earlier FMA and Nier could actually work considering the former has a lot of similar themes and in the latter the Shades are practically interchangable with the Heartless anyway. There's enough stuff left in the libraries of both companies for at least 4 more games if they're willing to go outside the box a bit.

I would love to see Sora try to wrap his head around this world being populated solely by Heartless and Nobodies except for this one boney boy who is the only actual human.