Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/LukeRockhold/status/969732971132420096

Scent of a douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Smelling Salts™ by Ralph Lauren

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
That hair is photoshopped.

Also, Conor will be stripped again: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...agomedov-winner

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

luke is lookin real smushed in that photo

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

eric posted:

That hair is photoshopped.

Also, Conor will be stripped again: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...agomedov-winner

Seems like a really wishie washy way of stripping a title. They could strip him now and hype the fight for the true title. Of course that might McGregor so angry he'll refuse to fight so... :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The right move is to strip him during fight week to get more eyes on the fight. So of course they won't.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I assume they're just doing it this way so if Khabib dies again on the way to the cage and the fight doesn't happen they can just keep promoting Conor as a champ.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Wise Learned Man posted:

I assume they're just doing it this way so if Khabib dies again on the way to the cage and the fight doesn't happen they can just keep promoting Conor as a champ.

Yep.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

he's likely to be at that fight because of the title and Artem Lobov fighting so they probably want to do some post fight confrontation or something. probably not. maybe he's secretly training to be an alternate for Khabib. also, here is this case of snake oil

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Wrestlers have been beating urine specific gravity tests for years by holding their pee in and cutting weight. I forget how often One do the tests, but you need to do multiple tests or you end up with the same problems but everybody is on the verge of pissing their pants
ahaha, how does that work?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I.N.R.I posted:

theres nothing boring about jones' fighting, if he does fight again ill be happy to watch him do it. but he made his own bed and he should lie in it

It's a shame he apparently literally unable to not cheat AND a real piece of poo poo, because holy poo poo is he a great loving fighter. That second fight against DC, DC did an incredible job and it was still clear he was only the second best guy in the ring.

If he somehow doesn't end up banned for years (or a lifetime) and they do that Brock Lesnar fight, I wonder which one would fail their drug test first?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 3, 2018

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

handsome only face posted:

he's likely to be at that fight because of the title and Artem Lobov fighting so they probably want to do some post fight confrontation or something. probably not. maybe he's secretly training to be an alternate for Khabib. also, here is this case of snake oil

He's training for the inaugural 165 lb title fight against a guy who could cut down to 135 if he wanted to

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

So is Reem v Blaydes official yet?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brown Paper Bag posted:

So is Reem v Blaydes official yet?

I'll I'm seeing is "mma newz" sites reporting on the potential fight and how cool it would be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Article title or Cyborg's new nickname? You decide

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheRationalRedditor posted:

ahaha, how does that work?

you keep yourself well hydrated and needing to pee, then you put on your sweatsuit and go through your cutting routine without peeing, your body is dehydrated and hosed up but you have the pee of a healthy, waterlogged man

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you keep yourself well hydrated and needing to pee, then you put on your sweatsuit and go through your cutting routine without peeing, your body is dehydrated and hosed up but you have the pee of a healthy, waterlogged man

I assume this is easier for dudes, since they can store so much healthy pee in their balls

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
We, the NSAC propose that instead we make it mandatory to drink the pee of a healthy waterlogged man during a weight cut. Lets see those tough guys try to cheat now.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LobsterMobster posted:

I assume this is easier for dudes, since they can store so much healthy pee in their balls

Chael Sonnen: This is great! I can cut a ton of weight, because I can store all the good urine in my balls.
Dr. : You... You should probably just eat less.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Fronkie is hosed against t city

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Does every t city fight involve him losing badly before snatching a sub or just every one I've watched?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Is there gonna be a GDT today?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

great big cardboard tube posted:

Does every t city fight involve him losing badly before snatching a sub or just every one I've watched?

The Guida one involved him losing badly before getting a TKO with like thirty seconds left to go.

It seemed like he had Swanson dead to rights in a submission in the 1st round of their fight, so when he got the finish in the 2nd, it came with a bit more momentum than he'd had in most of his previous fights. I think he's an interesting prospect with a fun style, but I don't think he beats Frankie.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Frankie is fighting. I am as close to happy as my crippling, undiagnosed mental illnesses will allow. I really like him.

Also, Struve vs. Arlovski, lol.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

JaySB posted:

Is there gonna be a GDT today?

Go for it. :justpost:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Go for it. :justpost:

It's done. I put about as much effort into it as Yana is gonna put into her fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

great big cardboard tube posted:

Pretty much. He's got a bit of that Yoel Romero in him.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Hey didnt watch the card tonight because I had a show but I did want to take a minute and stop by and say Brian Ortega def. Frankie Edgar via KO (Punches) R1 4:44

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

How did your show go, Keven?

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Fine, crowd was very drunk

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nice.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Card actually looks fairly insane maybe I'll check out some of it later... Seems like everyone decided to also be a freak show in honor of the main.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Keven has shows?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
un ban fatherdog and make him face the wrath of keven

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

un ban fatherdog and make him face the wrath of keven

Nope

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
congratulations to the one legged man on winning the rear end kicking contest and stefan struve on his mythbusters appearance proving that you can stack poo poo 7 feet high

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Ortega said that he weighed 164 pounds just before the fight

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Was this Cyborg's last contracted fight with the UFC :pray:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

spb posted:

Was this Cyborg's last contracted fight with the UFC :pray:

I don't think so. Dana's already talking about cancelling Nunes planned title defence to get her fighting Cyborg as soon as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I don't think so. Dana's already talking about cancelling Nunes planned title defence to get her fighting Cyborg as soon as possible.

i wanna see that

• Locked thread