Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Kimi’s race engineer has left to go to manor endurance racing btw.

It’s a bit weak if he’s the sacrificial lamb for last year “I’m sorry but you should have warned Kimi that Seb would come up the inside like a lunatic and take the pair of them out”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Whilst engine manufacturers might be required to provide all this aforementioned data I imagine there are ways to do so in less than helpful ways. Such as 5 minutes before the start of qualifying and produced by my dad so a bunch of screenshots copy and pasted into a powerpoint.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
"Whilst the dossiers for each team may be identical it would appear that some are being operated in a different way to others being supplied by the same manufacturer

"It is therefore our view that all power units supplied by one manufacturer should be identical, not only in terms of the dossier for each team being the same, but we also feel they should be operated in an identical way.

"With this in mind, we will expect all power units supplied by the same manufacturer to be:

"i) Identical according to the dossier for each team.

"and, unless a team informs us that they have declined any of the following, they should be:

"ii) Run with identical software and must be capable of being operated in precisely the same way.

"iii) Run with identical specifications of oil and fuel."

I imagine the FIA would take a dim view of a manufacturer not giving the right instructions as that would not make the supplied power units "capable of being operated in precisely the same way"

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Welp im going to meet the ex today, Im a loving idiot.

I know you said this was called off, but seriously....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utbeH4ivHis

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Renault has a vested interest in giving their customers power unit parity, or at least they claim to, since they want to directly compare their chassis with Red Bull and McLaren. I’m sure that won’t last for long.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Renault has a vested interest in giving their customers power unit parity, or at least they claim to, since they want to directly compare their chassis with Red Bull and McLaren. I’m sure that won’t last for long.

F1: If they ain't cheating, they ain't competing, I reckon Renault will hold some info/secrets back

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

#ForzaScuderia

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
McLaren is gunning for a works deal.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://twitter.com/F1/status/969855816344813568?s=20

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That was my first ever time seeing an F1 race live.

Sat next to a drunken Dutch fan that loved Jos Verstappen and was pissed off that Frentzin had taken his ride at Arrows. So he spent 3 days flipping off the Arrows cars each time they drove past.

Good times.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I met the Icelandic 1500quid last night. He was talking my ear off in the bar about how much he loves Gardener's World on the BBC.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

when does that new exec who was previously with the FIA and privy to everyone's designs off gardening leave and joining Renault? I'm guessing that's right around the time the Red Bulls and McLarens start blowing up start running into issues.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

News: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-commissions-musical-theme-from-hollywood-composer-1010946/

Views: https://youtu.be/V_h7Lm7C9Nk

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZMnF1VNlE

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
A race I remember but not fondly. I was still in a uni halls of residence and I got up to watch the race in the early, only to find an overweight and naked man asleep on the spare bed in the living room, arse only a foot or so away from the tv. I had to spend the next couple of hours trying not to be distracted by the frequent and wet farts he was letting rip...

How my dedication to F1 has fallen.

Also: interview with a charmer... https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/mar/03/max-mosley-it-is-perfectly-legitimate-to-offer-immigrants-financial-inducements-to-go-home

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 3, 2018

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-biggest-design-trends-in-2018-1010673

Actually read this

Then eat the hat 1500

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh.

my god.

https://imgur.com/a/BXXhS

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks OP, gonna crank one out to that now.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pretty sure this is some kind of hate crime

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Would to all except, unsurprisingly, the British ones.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
You need higher standards, mate

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lady Leclerc got me all flustered

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Lady Kimi got me all flustered

Also Formula 1 is dead

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tsaedje posted:

You need higher standards, mate

I'm married, any port in a storm, etc

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont talk about your love life please

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm married, any port in a storm, etc

Even female Ericsson and Verstappen?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

Even female Ericsson and Verstappen?

You obviously haven't been in prison.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Female Sainz is just Penélope Cruz

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Theophany posted:

Thanks OP, gonna crank one out to that now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Probate me for one month if Stroll has more WDC points than McLaren at the end of the season. :toxx:

Forgot about this one. Added to the list.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

My beautiful Alonso. What have they done to you??

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

That’s a case of the reddit happened. My poor Alonso :(

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gently caress yeah, I'm amped to watch some Formula 1™

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Forgot about this one. Added to the list.

Give me a month if the season ends and Fernando Alonso has less WDC points than the WCC points of Toro Rosso-Honda or less WDC points than Stroll. :toxx:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

:magical: :fap:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

GramCracker posted:

Give me a month if the season ends and Fernando Alonso has less WDC points than the WCC points of Toro Rosso-Honda or less WDC points than Stroll. :toxx:

Actually, can I update my Toxx to this?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Formula E’s on screen graphics are the worst.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They still have fan boost as well. What a loving joke series. Daniel Abt literally won a race :lol:

E: Michelin man involved in podium celebrations

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 4, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tsaedje posted:

They still have fan boost as well. What a loving joke series. Daniel Abt literally won a race :lol:

E: Michelin man involved in podium celebrations

I'd take the Michelin man over Eddie Jordan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

I'd take the Michelin man over Martin Brundle and David Coulthard