Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Hey man, nice shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Hey man, nice sh-gently caress!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
69 bullets to the head

Hey man, niiiice.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mind blowing memes lately, well done.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Azhais posted:

Speaking of highly accurate Roman memes, what is the fortress in the first one?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
More for the Historical Fact thread, but part of why Alexander was so pissed about the whole thing because he asked the folks at Tyre if he could perform a sacrifice at a temple in their city, saying he'd spare everyone if he was allowed. They told him to gently caress off. He then sent envoys to the city, and the folks killed them.

There's offended, and there's "I'm gonna build a road specifically to gently caress you up" offended.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Sorry.
David Ogden Stiers, a.k.a. "Major Charles Emerson Winchester III", by bladder cancer

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MisterBibs posted:

More for the Historical Fact thread, but part of why Alexander was so pissed about the whole thing because he asked the folks at Tyre if he could perform a sacrifice at a temple in their city, saying he'd spare everyone if he was allowed. They told him to gently caress off. He then sent envoys to the city, and the folks killed them.

There's offended, and there's "I'm gonna build a road specifically to gently caress you up" offended.

He’s like the original “I wanted to build an empire to house the machine to kick his rear end”

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Yes I gathered all that from the meme, thank you.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

KoRMaK posted:

Yes I gathered all that from the meme, thank you.

None of the memes regarding Alexander explained the temple part of the equation.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

History memes are fun and good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This needs more appreciation.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Blendy posted:

History memes are fun and good.

:yes:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

MisterBibs posted:

Alexander the Great
By Jack Handey

Alexander the Great hung his head. He had conquered everything, and there was nothing left to conquer. “What about this area over here?” he said, pointing to an unshaded part of the map.

“You conquered that last week,” his top general said. “We haven’t had time to color it in yet.”

When Alexander started out, the world was fresh and new, begging to be conquered. At the age of ten, he conquered all of Greece, clad only in his underpants. He went on to vanquish the vast empire of Persia while totally nude and drunk. He woke up from sleepwalking one morning to discover that he had conquered Egypt. Once, he laid siege to a fortress all by himself, sneaking from bush to bush and popping up behind each one, pretending to be a different soldier.

There had been difficulties, to be sure. At a raucous victory dinner, a chicken bone became stuck in his throat. As he reached for a glass of water, he touched off a mousetrap, then another, and another. He began to flail about, and his foot got stuck in a bucket. Even like this, he conquered India.

On and on he went, conquering kingdom after kingdom. His generals would plead with him to stop, but he’d say, “Come on, just one more,” and they’d say, “Well, O.K.”

His empire became so large that, even today, if you meet a woman in a bar and invite her up to your apartment to see a map of Alexander’s empire, when she gets there and you show it to her she always says the same thing: “You’ve got to be kidding.”

Alexander smashed every army sent against him, slaughtering thousands. Those who fled the battlefield were hunted down and killed. Women and children were sold into slavery. But the happy times could not last. Eventually, there were no more people left to conquer.

“What about the Assyrians?” Alexander asked his generals.

“We conquered them,” one of them replied.

“O.K., how about the Bactrians?”

“Con-quered,” several generals said, in singsong.

Alexander was getting desperate. “What if we gave countries their freedom, then conquered them again?” The generals looked down at their feet. One coughed.

“Very well, then, I shall conquer the birds of the sky,” he said, but he was reminded that he had already done so, and also that he had been given an eloquent tribute speech by a parrot.

“What about the ants? Can’t we conquer them?” Reluctantly, one general unfurled a tiny document of surrender.

Seeking to console Alexander, the wisest of his counsellors said, “Perhaps, master, what you truly seek is not to conquer but to be conquered.”

Alexander picked up a spear and ran him through.

Rallying his troops, Alexander had them build a primitive rocket ship. He travelled to the moon with thirty hand-chosen men, holding their breath. They utterly surprised the moon men and laid waste to their planet.

In what was perhaps his greatest victory, Alexander conquered half the Kingdom of Heaven. Using sappers to undermine the pearly gates, he and his army poured in, riding captured war elephants, trampling angels and saints. But Heaven, as he realized, “is mostly clouds,” and he wisely withdrew.

Alexander was preparing to journey to another universe, which he hoped to burn down, when he died. At first, his generals didn’t believe it, but then his body was brought out, still clutching his sword and wearing his newly fashioned “space suit.”

They say that he was buried in the Caucasus, among the crocuses, but no one knows for sure. Legend has it that he will return again one day, perhaps in the not too distant future, when the world is once more in need of a good conquering.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Man, this one goes places.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

A truly herculean effort.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

roses are red
chocolates are sweeter
folks who make memes
have no sense of meter

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Roses are red
Haters are boring
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey if this jackass spent every morning studying the blade shouldn't he at least be up to like blade three by now? loving poser.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 13:52 on Mar 4, 2018

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Alexander the Great
By Jack Handey

Alexander the Great hung his head. He had conquered everything, and there was nothing left to conquer. “What about this area over here?” he said, pointing to an unshaded part of the map.

“You conquered that last week,” his top general said. “We haven’t had time to color it in yet.”

When Alexander started out, the world was fresh and new, begging to be conquered. At the age of ten, he conquered all of Greece, clad only in his underpants. He went on to vanquish the vast empire of Persia while totally nude and drunk. He woke up from sleepwalking one morning to discover that he had conquered Egypt. Once, he laid siege to a fortress all by himself, sneaking from bush to bush and popping up behind each one, pretending to be a different soldier.

There had been difficulties, to be sure. At a raucous victory dinner, a chicken bone became stuck in his throat. As he reached for a glass of water, he touched off a mousetrap, then another, and another. He began to flail about, and his foot got stuck in a bucket. Even like this, he conquered India.

On and on he went, conquering kingdom after kingdom. His generals would plead with him to stop, but he’d say, “Come on, just one more,” and they’d say, “Well, O.K.”

His empire became so large that, even today, if you meet a woman in a bar and invite her up to your apartment to see a map of Alexander’s empire, when she gets there and you show it to her she always says the same thing: “You’ve got to be kidding.”

Alexander smashed every army sent against him, slaughtering thousands. Those who fled the battlefield were hunted down and killed. Women and children were sold into slavery. But the happy times could not last. Eventually, there were no more people left to conquer.

“What about the Assyrians?” Alexander asked his generals.

“We conquered them,” one of them replied.

“O.K., how about the Bactrians?”

“Con-quered,” several generals said, in singsong.

Alexander was getting desperate. “What if we gave countries their freedom, then conquered them again?” The generals looked down at their feet. One coughed.

“Very well, then, I shall conquer the birds of the sky,” he said, but he was reminded that he had already done so, and also that he had been given an eloquent tribute speech by a parrot.

“What about the ants? Can’t we conquer them?” Reluctantly, one general unfurled a tiny document of surrender.

Seeking to console Alexander, the wisest of his counsellors said, “Perhaps, master, what you truly seek is not to conquer but to be conquered.”

Alexander picked up a spear and ran him through.

Rallying his troops, Alexander had them build a primitive rocket ship. He travelled to the moon with thirty hand-chosen men, holding their breath. They utterly surprised the moon men and laid waste to their planet.

In what was perhaps his greatest victory, Alexander conquered half the Kingdom of Heaven. Using sappers to undermine the pearly gates, he and his army poured in, riding captured war elephants, trampling angels and saints. But Heaven, as he realized, “is mostly clouds,” and he wisely withdrew.

Alexander was preparing to journey to another universe, which he hoped to burn down, when he died. At first, his generals didn’t believe it, but then his body was brought out, still clutching his sword and wearing his newly fashioned “space suit.”

They say that he was buried in the Caucasus, among the crocuses, but no one knows for sure. Legend has it that he will return again one day, perhaps in the not too distant future, when the world is once more in need of a good conquering.

Sir, this is the palace of Nebuchadnezzar.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

St Evan Echoes posted:

roses are red
chocolates are sweeter
folks who make memes
have no sense of meter

roses are red
meme meter is broke
:thejoke:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Most roses are red
And violets are often blue
Oh no, whoops, haiku

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Roses are red
Haters are boring
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM

Roses are red
You're mother's a floozy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roses are red
They're a kind of flower

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Wolololo,
Now roses are too.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm a bigger fan of headlines that can be read to the tune of Camptown Races.

Freighter Train Derailed By Bomb, doo-dah doo-dah
Shareblue Astroturf Is Strong, oh the doo-dah day

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Roses are red
Egg yolks are runny
I hope you all realize
These poems aren't funny

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Man that Wotsits guy just look all sorts of pleased with himself.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Roses are red
Egg yolks are runny
I hope you all realize
These poems aren't funny

These is plural :eng101:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Who What Now posted:

Roses are red
Egg yolks are runny
I hope you all realize
These poems aren't funny

People got lazy and shoehorned whatever they could find into a half assed format that barely worked. The final life stage of the meme.

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Man takes truck over to the gas station and after paying for his gas said he wanted to drive something new.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Wolololo,
Now roses are too.

:eyepop:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/QVDDEjW.mp4

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZU2PDO33IU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.