Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

really? that sounds terrible. the game is so easy for so long i figured it would stay that way

Yeah it's kind of a shame. It all starts when there's a boss who's so fast he gets 2-5 attacks every time you get one. But all of his skills are physical, so the guy who looks like Auron can just cast Counter once and sit on it--the status doesn't go away until you enter a new command, so you win by abusing its 100% evasion rate and the plinky ~30 damage counters it does until the boss dies. Everything else after that also has weird gimmicks, like the boss that casts regen and heals like 9999 every turn :downs:

The exception is that the Hagakure dual tech has a stun proc that works on every enemy in the game, but you have to have been building your skill crystals towards increasing your proc chance every single time the game gives you the option. If you were dumb like me, it'll do great damage and cost very little MP, but it's basically impossible to stun bosses without the increased proc rate because they have resistance.

Of course, actually leveling your skill crystals is random on top of that, and can only happen when you're fighting monsters that are roughly equal to you in strength, so by nature of gaining levels, you slowly make it impossible to get the skill improvement chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Owns.

Dunno about WoFF, it's for some system I'm not buying.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

WoFF is on everything afaik.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

esperterra posted:

It's :10bux::10bux: on steam rn with the SE sale, NieR is also half off

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

esperterra posted:

idk if I'd call KH embarrassing, but it's definitely cringey.
it's not an embarrassing story, it's just stupid as hell, to the point where you actively stop trying to follow it. it's also worth noting that Chain of Memories and the DS game were two different retellings of KH1

if you remove the Organization XIII stuff, the convoluted idiocy of the Kingdom Hearts series would be drastically reduced

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chillgamesh posted:

It's :10bux::10bux: on steam rn with the SE sale, NieR is also half off

Might be time to pick up a second copy of NieR ...

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
lol

DX: Mankind Divided is $6

go gently caress yourself squenix

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

DrPossum posted:

lol

It was free on ps plus like two months ago and I still feel I deserve a refund of some sort

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Mankind divided was hella bad

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
which is a drat shame cause human rev was awesome.

mankind divided was dark (I could not see anything) tedious and boring. Also, shoulda kept prichard.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

i'm the angsty twelve year old going on adventures with goofy and donald duck

I'm Goofy and did I just die from a blow to the head, oh no, so sad!

Wait, no, I'm fine, because I'm Goofy, being hit in the head is pretty much my job and hobby.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
*Cloud, laying Goofy to rest in a waist deep pool of crystalline water*

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Alpha Mayo posted:

*when he lets go Goofy inexplicably sinks 100s of feet even though Cloud is still standing in the same pool of water*

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

i'm the angsty twelve year old going on adventures with goofy and donald duck

KH has a monumentally dumb story but Sora’s whole shtick is that he’s best friends with Goofy and Donald and he loving loves it

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

DrPossum posted:

lol

it was a cool and good idea to have the whole city on lockdown and not be able to get around without stealth at the end of the game

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

RobotDogPolice posted:

Also, wow, I forgot about how much the PS1s 3d models jittered.

Play Front Mission 3 sometime, such a good game and so much jitter it feels like you did 4 eightballs every time you load a game and do something involving robots

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Front mission 3 owned hard a want a remake of that please

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

precision posted:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Alpha Mayo posted:

GAWRSH! YOU SOUND LIKE A PUPPET, CLOUD, OL BUDDY!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

precision posted:

also Front Mission 4 was good but it was no Front Mission 3

evidently Americans don't like giant mech games, though, guess we'll have to do with Battletech and Mechwarrior 5

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 4, 2018

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

esperterra posted:

All I gots is Switch.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Calaveron posted:

KH has a monumentally dumb story but Sora’s whole shtick is that he’s best friends with Goofy and Donald and he loving loves it

The organization xiii stuff is dumb as gently caress, they should have just kept it disney villains

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Bubble Bobby posted:

The organization xiii stuff is dumb as gently caress, they should have just kept it disney villains

Disney Japan was talking about moving out of the building they share with Squeenix, and Squeenix got shook af Disney was going to pull support on the new cash cow, so they cooked up all this ORG 13 poo poo so they'd have villans if the House of Mouse split, and then drove everything right into the ground.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

gently caress YEAH UNLAOD HIS loving TAIL IS UP :getin: :killdozer: :hellyeah:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Alpha Mayo posted:

Do you recall hearing about a monster that eats lightning...

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Another precious thing from FF7 that probably won't be in the remake: Sephiroth constantly walking around with a :aaa: face for no discernable reason. Why does he never close his mouth

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Waitin' for a dick to fly in

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Alpha Mayo posted:

It took me way too long to realize these two unrelated statements were not actually unrelated, or separate.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

Another precious thing from FF7 that probably won't be in the remake: Sephiroth constantly walking around with a :aaa: face for no discernable reason. Why does he never close his mouth

holy gently caress your username

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Chillgamesh posted:

I think that's supposed to be black lips?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chillgamesh posted:

Also not being able to change the color of any text boxes. I want my super dark purple lower left corner with the other three corners black drat it!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Everyone should try changing the whole party's name to Sephiroth on PC some day, it's beautiful. With how often they say his name and eachother's names you'll have no loving idea what's going on.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

esperterra posted:

:vince:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Solice Kirsk posted:

Also not being able to change the color of any text boxes. I want my super dark purple lower left corner with the other three corners black drat it!

Even original FF7 hosed that up compared to FF6. All rpg menus and text boxes should always be wood-grain.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Font Mission 3 had an in-game PC and you could change your desktop wallpaper, browse the far future internet, and send "electronic-mail". it was dope af tbh

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I still remember ja9an

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

scott zoloft posted:

Do you recall hearing about a monster that eats lightning...

Fighting when mist will freeze you with Breath!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

esperterra posted:

Guy clearly wants to penetrate Aerish.