Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Formula E’s on screen graphics are the worst.

"Hold my beer" - Liberty Media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

Give me a month if the season ends and Fernando Alonso has less WDC points than the WCC points of Toro Rosso-Honda or less WDC points than Stroll. :toxx:

Alright

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Actually, can I update my Toxx to this?

Hmmm... since the season hasn't started and you aren't backing out, just changing the conditions, yes, I'll allow it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'll take a month if Ferrari come higher than fourth in the WCC or if McLaren win a race, whichever happens first (neither will happen) :toxx:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

I'll take a month if Ferrari come higher than fourth in the WCC or if McLaren win a race, whichever happens first (neither will happen) :toxx:

Ferrari is gonna be 2nd or 3rd, so you're eating a month.
Should be safe on the McLaren one tho.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Ferrari is gonna be 2nd or 3rd, so you're eating a month.
Should be safe on the McLaren one tho.

The McLaren one is multi-season by the way. I genuinely believe they won't ever win an F1 race again after watching Grand Prix Driver.

e: in fact the McLaren one may as well be a full toxx ban

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 4, 2018

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

If McLaren are right and their chassis is as well sorted as they think it is, then there's a chance they sneak a win away from Red Bull.

If they aren't, we're gonna know all about it by round 3.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like this song

https://youtu.be/X0C3DHp36zc

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 4, 2018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

The McLaren one is multi-season by the way. I genuinely believe they won't ever win an F1 race again after watching Grand Prix Driver.

Are there two different cuts of this documentary

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Are there two different cuts of this documentary

There are two cool and good people at McLaren, Eric Boullier and Fernando Alonso. Both of them have confidence and an air of "I know what I'm doing".

Everyone else was walking around using Ron-speak despite the fact that he's dead or retired or whatever. The rot has clearly set in.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you watched Grand Prix Driver and didn’t drown in the ocean of Jon Neale’s eyes, please get out of my face

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

NtotheTC posted:

Noted.

minstrels
Nov 15, 2009
So why do all the races now start at 10 past the hour?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

If any UK guys are interested, Sky have a discounted Sports pass offer atm, 9 months for £150, that covers the F1 season

https://www.nowtv.com/promo/formula1pass

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

minstrels posted:

So I can schedule my viewing to start on the hour, quickly rub one out over the beautiful Fernando Alonso and be ready for race start

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

minstrels posted:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12430/11232101/f1-in-2018-race-start-times-pushed-back-for-new-formula-1-season

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

So I can schedule my viewing to start on the hour, quickly rub one out over the beautiful Fernando Alonso and be ready for race start

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

huh, I always thought you do the donuts after the race is over
https://gfycat.com/SilentEnviousDrongo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Silent Envious Drongo would be a good username for some of our Bogan correspondents.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It’s what Mark Webbah should have called his book

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

:discourse:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Lmbo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

NtotheTC posted:

There are two cool and good people at McLaren, Eric Boullier and Fernando Alonso. Both of them have confidence and an air of "I know what I'm doing".

Everyone else was walking around using Ron-speak despite the fact that he's dead or retired or whatever. The rot has clearly set in.
Yeah they were like the only two who seemed to know what was going on, although being rather depressed and fatalistic about it. Everyone else seemed deluded or panicking or didn't know what they were doing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Boullier is just a figurehead, the whole operation is run to perfection by Jon Corleone himself.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Coco is a really good movie.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

NtotheTC posted:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

That is a hell of a pic

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The McLaren guy who looks like Bill Nighy is cool.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

NtotheTC posted:

That's a bold statement! I mean yeah, they've been a joke lately, but F1 just kind of goes like that. Winning team turns to garbage with new formula(s) and then gets it right eventually and turns around... maybe a winning season is a stretch right now, but I can't help but assume they'll fluke into a race win if nothing else in the next year or three.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
The last time McLaren won a race it was 2012 when they couldn't understand how the car was actually better than what their simulations showed. The team is piss.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock posted:

That's a bold statement! I mean yeah, they've been a joke lately, but F1 just kind of goes like that. Winning team turns to garbage with new formula(s) and then gets it right eventually and turns around... maybe a winning season is a stretch right now, but I can't help but assume they'll fluke into a race win if nothing else in the next year or three.

- Williams fans, 2008.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

- Williams fans, 2008.

they were right and then they fired Big Pastor. Karma

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

- Williams fans, 2008.

This comparison is the worst, though. Like there's literally nothing in common between McLaren and Williams other than "currently worse than they used to be."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This comparison is the worst, though. Like there's literally nothing in common between McLaren and Williams other than "currently worse than they used to be."

"teams that need to hire Pastor Maldonado"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Two legendary British teams in the dumps. McLaren has more cache so I can see them returning to their winning ways. I think Williams has now become Tyrrell.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren just has way more money and resources than Williams ever has. Ojjeh is a billionaire, Peter Lim is a billionaire, Bahrain is a whole country, etc. It doesn't even really matter that they barely have any sponsors, the owners could fund the team almost indefinitely if they were so inclined. It's hard to imagine a future in which they don't return to the front.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
McLaren are poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

track day bro! posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

They're really bad and are in terminal decline. Think some Chinese guy will buy the team soon.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

McLaren are the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They're really bad and are in terminal decline. Think some Chinese guy will buy the team soon.

Unlike Ferrari, who is owned by Chrysler, PIONEERS OF THE MINIVAN.