Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

can you believe that with 140+ hours i only just did the three hinox sibling shrine

Game big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I'm also at the point where I've beaten all the Divine Beasts, and while part of me wants to go fight Ganon already I think I'll keep exploring some more. Don't know if I'll bother to do every single shrine (I've done about 60 thus far) but there's still plenty of stuff out there I want to check out.

Plus, if I go fight Ganon right now, I just know my Hylian Shield will break during the fight (I've been loving up quite a few Guardian laser parries with it, so its durability must be pretty low by now) and we can't have that. I need to do more shieldsurfing and laser tanking, so that this thing breaks and I can buy a new one. Sure, I could probably just throw it away and buy a replacement and save some time that way, but where's the fun in that?

alf_pogs posted:

can you believe that with 140+ hours i only just did the three hinox sibling shrine
the what

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Doc Morbid posted:

Plus, if I go fight Ganon right now, I just know my Hylian Shield will break during the fight (I've been loving up quite a few Guardian laser parries with it, so its durability must be pretty low by now) and we can't have that. I need to do more shieldsurfing and laser tanking, so that this thing breaks and I can buy a new one. Sure, I could probably just throw it away and buy a replacement and save some time that way, but where's the fun in that?

there is only one

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Nnnnope.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Argue posted:

Nnnnope.

dang

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

To be fair, getting a replacement Hylian Shield requires completing a lengthy, seemingly unrelated sidequest, and knowing that doing said sidequest spawns an NPC that sells rare armor and the shield and that the shield won't appear in his inventory until you lose your original one.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
One small thing I'm glad Nintendo did...said NPC now stocks replacements for the DLC clothing; so if you run out of inventory space, you can get rid of that stuff and still get it back later. (Why they didn't just add another page to the capacity of the clothing menu instead, I dunno)

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Doc Morbid posted:

To be fair, getting a replacement Hylian Shield requires completing a lengthy, seemingly unrelated sidequest, and knowing that doing said sidequest spawns an NPC that sells rare armor and the shield and that the shield won't appear in his inventory until you lose your original one.

I thought he d just repair it, that prick, where is he finding replacements, what ancient warehouse is he raiding

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Started doing the Trials of the Sword. I'm so used to being a murder god that when they took away all my stuff, I barely got through the beginner trials. :gonk:

I think I'll come back later for the next set of trials, this is too stressful to deal with in one go.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Morbid posted:

Started doing the Trials of the Sword. I'm so used to being a murder god that when they took away all my stuff, I barely got through the beginner trials. :gonk:

I think I'll come back later for the next set of trials, this is too stressful to deal with in one go.

Taken as a whole, the beginner trials are actually the hardest imo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How many pages of ingredients and food can you have?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Yeah if you're super meticulous about those sort of things they just get easier over time. I may try to run through them as recklessly as possible to see how far I get.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

alf_pogs posted:

That's been my favorite of the Hinox encounters for sure.

Edit:

Doc Morbid posted:

Sure, it's unrelated but to be honest I found it to be one of the most compelling and satisfying storylines of the entire game.

Edit 2:

The Bloop posted:

I've not been able to get past the Lizalfos water area :(

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 4, 2018

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Sure, it's unrelated but to be honest I found it to be one of the most compelling and satisfying storylines of the entire game.
Yeah, absolutely. I really liked the quest and would've completed it even if I didn't know doing it would help me get a new (or repaired, whatever) Hylian Shield.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

alf_pogs posted:

That was one of the first ones for me. Got done with Hateno, saw that flag by the shrine peeking out above mountains, and went.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I've not been able to get past the Lizalfos water area :(

That's definitely the hardest room of the lot. Yeah, you run into Lynels etc in the later ones, but by then you have ancient arrows so the only thing to worry about is shall I use one now and risk needing it later or not.

I'm still impressed by that guy who managed to set fires where they settle and just sat and watched them roast.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I lost my Hylian shield at the end of DLC2 one of the monk electricity attacks must have hit me right before I killed him and I didn't notice what shield I'd dropped... I've never been so mad after beating a boss / seeing a cutscene! Had to look up how to get it back.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Check out the area in the mountain pass between the Hateno and Lurelin regions.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

general zelda post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2KonMkk6To

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

How many pages of ingredients and food can you have?
I have six pages of materials currently. I'd assume you can't run out though since it stores an accumulation of unique materials, and I imagine they'd have enough slots for each unique material in the game.

Food, though, I think is limited to three pages. I filled mine up with Hearty Simmered Fruit (durians) and Enduring Fried Wild Greens/Mushroom Skewers and ran out of space for other buffs. So it's fine to bake as many apples as you want, since those also just accumulate, but for other dishes it's probably best to cook ~10 or so at a time and keep raw ingredients to make more during the next blood moon.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is great, thank you!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I feel bad every time I find a korok under a rock because I always mash A to get through the yahaha spiel, which then causes me to drop the rock on their head.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I, on the other hand, am man enough to admit I do it on purpose, like some sort of deranged Little Bunny Foo Foo.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

I, on the other hand, am man enough to admit I do it on purpose, like some sort of deranged Little Bunny Foo Foo.

Extremely :same:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm already making the Lorax cry with my bomb focused deforestation in order to build tarrey town, so I feel bad being rude to the lost little koroks hiding under rocks like hungover Alabama frat boys.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm already making the Lorax cry with my bomb focused deforestation in order to build tarrey town, so I feel bad being rude to the lost little koroks hiding under rocks like hungover Alabama frat boys.

I leveled all the trees in that beach town i can't remember the name of to fund Tarrey Town. I imagine that stable packed inside a small pine grove near ridgeland would be better though although I'm not sure how fast trees respawn.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Trees respawn when the zone reloads.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Spanish Manlove posted:

The clump of trees near the fairy fountain there has felt my explosive wrath several times.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

Where did you grow up? I grew up in Illinois and Little Bunny Foo Foo was a thing for me from my childhood, but people in Ohio look at me like I’m some sort of deranged psycho killer if I mention it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

housefly posted:

Where did you grow up? I grew up in Illinois and Little Bunny Foo Foo was a thing for me from my childhood, but people in Ohio look at me like I’m some sort of deranged psycho killer if I mention it.

I vaguely recall it from growing up in New England but I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned it to anyone as an adult so I can't compare your reactions.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

housefly posted:

I'm Connecticut. But I remember it specifically from a Lambchop (hand puppet type of deal) VHS from when we were kids. So I figure that's how it got exposure amongst other things?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm Connecticut. But I remember it specifically from a Lambchop (hand puppet type of deal) VHS from when we were kids. So I figure that's how it got exposure amongst other things?

Ah. Hmm. Perhaps Ohioans didn’t have lambchop.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't know when that show aired. We had a VHS, which was part of a regular rotation, but we never watched it on TV.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

jivjov posted:

One small thing I'm glad Nintendo did...said NPC now stocks replacements for the DLC clothing; so if you run out of inventory space, you can get rid of that stuff and still get it back later. (Why they didn't just add another page to the capacity of the clothing menu instead, I dunno)

Wait, you don’t get infinite Armor slots? I was hoping to get one of every piece of clothing. How many slots do I get?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Wait, you don’t get infinite Armor slots? I was hoping to get one of every piece of clothing. How many slots do I get?

Enough for everything in the game but not enough for all the DLC cosmetic stuff.

It's silly and hopefully they'll patch in another page.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You'll have enough if you're not counting Amiibos. I have all the DLC clothing and in-game pieces and I'm fine on space. Just don't get an Amiibo I guess.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://youtu.be/EdpbhzjNpFo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’d also like to know if there’s a good place to go to get Ancient Shafts, so I can buy more arrows for to kill Guardians with.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I’d also like to know if there’s a good place to go to get Ancient Shafts, so I can buy more arrows for to kill Guardians with.

from guardians

Most kills will net you more than one and you only need one arrow to kill it so it's a winning proposition.

Also, if you happen to miss (As with flying guardians) you can go find the ancient arrow you fired, it will just be lying on the ground somewhere unless you fire it into the ocean or off the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I can confirm it was on Lambchop. I think I learned it before that though, definitely heard a few different versions from my Chicago-born mom and a few big sister-esque neighbors who'd wrangle us kids at town picnics and such. We were in NM but had a lot of transplants so who knows where it found its way there from.