Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Amazing that he stayed up

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

oh my gawddddd is it about to happen

i hope ortiz hasn't just gassed himself out

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I cant believe he wasnt stopped

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Hell ya King Kong

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Duke Pukem posted:

I cant believe he wasnt stopped

if that was the other way round the ref would've stopped it

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
real happy to be proven wrong, great fight

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is good

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

holy loving poo poo

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

That was the best goddamn heavyweight fight I have seen in decades

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

great fight. i can't believe we all had to sit through 500 years of klitschko fights when this is what the heavyweight division could've been like

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
drat good fight, hellova chin on Ortiz

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Duke Pukem posted:

That was the best goddamn heavyweight fight I have seen in decades

joshua vs wlad was better imo

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Holy poo poo

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
HOLY MOLY

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
How has he got so far with zero technique and one punch

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Monday Bandele posted:

the one punch is a goddamn sledgehammer

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Monday Bandele posted:

It's quite a punch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
holy gently caress that was crazy. mad props to wilder. warrior.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was loving awesome and I have no idea how Wilder didn’t go down

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i could not understand wilder chasing so hard to fight ortiz. ortiz was a loving nightmare match up for him and after the roid pop he had a clean out to just fight someone he could push over but no he got in there with a drug cheat who he matched up poorly against and just loving bashed him up. respect.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

how is this kovalev fight a main event

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Can't imagine that this is gonna be the fight to silence Wilder's doubters.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i could not understand wilder chasing so hard to fight ortiz. ortiz was a loving nightmare match up for him and after the roid pop he had a clean out to just fight someone he could push over but no he got in there with a drug cheat who he matched up poorly against and just loving bashed him up. respect.

I think he really just wanted the respect.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Assuming Joshua wins there’s no other fight to make but Joshua vs. wilder.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think he really just wanted the respect.

no doubt. mission accomplished.

R. Mute posted:

Can't imagine that this is gonna be the fight to silence Wilder's doubters.

i'll stand up for wilder in arguments online.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the real fight is still joshua/wilder vs fury imho

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

fury sucks

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

thehappyprince posted:

joshua vs wlad was better imo

Really nice past year for heavyweight fights though, some of the best fights in the last decade at the top of the HW division.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.
Both fights were amazing tonight. So happy to see both fights tonight. Kovalev was really wrecking shop tonight and made it work.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I'm sorry to ask a stupid question, but what were the fights that I should watch today and any suggestions on where to watch them?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm sorry to ask a stupid question, but what were the fights that I should watch today and any suggestions on where to watch them?

showtime still has some replays of the wilder-ortiz fight coming up.

streams shouldnt be too hard to find, if you want to go that route

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

eric posted:

Assuming Joshua wins there’s no other fight to make but Joshua vs. wilder.

Pretty sure Eddy Hearn is currently on the phone to wembley stadium to book it for the end of the year.

Clevername Lookhere
Jan 9, 2006
Yea that fight (Wilder vs. Ortiz) was sweet but a crazy slugfest that didn't seem to have much talent behind it. I like Wilder a lot but imagine Joshua will kick his rear end soon enough.

And yea, as a guy who only rarely watches boxing but tries to watch a bunch, Joshua vs Klitschko is still gonna be hard to top as the best modern heavyweight fight I've seen. The build up, entrances, crowd, fight, and everything lived up to the billing. And Klitschko actually putting up an interesting fight and the back and forth action really made it.

But still, all boxing is cool and fun to watch (usually) and I will try to keep watching more. Thankyou.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Clevername Lookhere posted:

Yea that fight (Wilder vs. Ortiz) was sweet but a crazy slugfest that didn't seem to have much talent behind it. I like Wilder a lot but imagine Joshua will kick his rear end soon enough.

And yea, as a guy who only rarely watches boxing but tries to watch a bunch, Joshua vs Klitschko is still gonna be hard to top as the best modern heavyweight fight I've seen. The build up, entrances, crowd, fight, and everything lived up to the billing. And Klitschko actually putting up an interesting fight and the back and forth action really made it.

But still, all boxing is cool and fun to watch (usually) and I will try to keep watching more. Thankyou.

i agree with most everything else but i thought ortiz looked extremely better technically the entire fight. i dont think he was just a sloppy HW winging windmills

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

i agree with most everything else but i thought ortiz looked extremely better technically the entire fight. i dont think he was just a sloppy HW winging windmills

I agree with this

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Speaking of, what was up with Wilder's entrance last night? Tragic.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

R. Mute posted:

Speaking of, what was up with Wilder's entrance last night? Tragic.

He seemed to be proud of it and Lil Kim.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Canelo popped for clenbuterol because of roided Mexican cows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Canelo popped for clenbuterol because of roided Mexican cows

Yes that's definitely the reason. What possible reason could a boxer need a fat burning drug for?