Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Azran posted:

I love the guy asking if using the pejorative, non-slur form of "gay" will get them banned.

As if some hot discussions are taking place in a text chat that can't be scrolled in a game where concentration is key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Minrad posted:

And i feel bad for the handful of people who spent the 88k renown or whatever it costs to buy every single attachment for every gun for the sake of having a full collection or testing attachments methodically to tell everyone else which ones to use.

as someone that bought all the attachments out of boredom its really peanuts so don't even worry about it

like at the most you're missing out on an entry level skin with how much renown it costs

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The servers poo poo the bed Thursday and every single weapon skin, headgear and outfit were removed from all my characters, except for some weapon skins on weapons I didn't have equipped.

At least it didn't remove all my attachments this time, I haven't bothered reequipping them on everyone since it happened last :smith:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

quote:

We will be tracking the frequency at which language that violates the Code of Conduct is used by individual players, and will apply the appropriate ban on a case-by-case basis.

lol this is gonna be someone's fulltime job irl

letting you mute individual players should be enough imo but if they want to slap trolls on the wrist until they have to buy a 2nd copy of the game then good for ubi

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
how do i disable my ability to chat in game?

i don't wanna get banned.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They still should let me chat-mute individual players though.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Any PS4 people wanna play? Got a group of 2 at the moment. PSN: Javes

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

how do i disable my ability to chat in game?

i don't wanna get banned.

Everytime you feel like typing a racial perjorative... Don't.

Problem solved.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

They still should let me chat-mute individual players though.

that would be all it took to solve the problem so don't expect it happening any time soon

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ZeusCannon posted:

Everytime you feel like typing a racial perjorative... Don't.

Problem solved.

Sometimes the moment gets heated, you know?

tjones
May 13, 2005

JHVH-1 posted:

Does anybody play on the xboner?

I need more friends there: surrealchemist

I play. GT is Swish Jones. Send me a message sometime.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

boop the snoot posted:

I don't

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/wni5n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-lHo3oNkw

Basticle fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 4, 2018

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/tPtoBHa.mp4

Poor Echo :allears:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Thief posted:

lol this is gonna be someone's fulltime job irl

letting you mute individual players should be enough imo but if they want to slap trolls on the wrist until they have to buy a 2nd copy of the game then good for ubi

I'd totally do that job. Probably a decent wage for spending the day hitting Ctrl + F and typing in dirty words. I bet they wouldn't even be responsible for punishments, they just email a list of names and amount of offenses to their boss.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Is IQ supposed to look like this

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

IQ is having the anime makeover.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
KawaiiQ.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/efgvo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Blitz is the only op who makes me rage. If he sees you while you're alone you're dead. you turn to run he shoots you in the back. If you try to fight he blinds you and shoots you in the face. You try to back off he blinds you and shoots you in the face.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

reroll smoke or never roam without nitro until you get used to shield users.

the competent ones will always be very difficult to 1v1 though. sometimes you try to kite them into traps and they just maneuver around them like that scene in predator lmao

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Given how much I love being Blitz, I honestly can’t imagine how you’d hate him.

He’s not even that hard to deal with if you keep your cool, even without nitro or impacts, as his shield doesn’t cover him fully at all.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

You punch him in his god damned face and shoot the bitch

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

boop the snoot posted:

I have never experienced the scenario you just described

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

Nope and even then god knows there are enough options that aren't racially charged. Just use one of those or multiple of those.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sometimes when I'm frustrated I just feel the need to recite the 14 words.
It's not my fault. It's just the heat of the moment, you know.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

so zombie game mode goes live tomorrow at noon? I'm slightly nerd mad that I will be away from my pc for a week straight.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

You could have played it for the last two weeks, but you'll finish all the Outbreak content in a couple of nights if you're going for the hardest difficulty so it's not that big a deal

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I wonder how good an idea it was to let people play Outbreak on the TTS. I suppose most who had the opportunity won't even bother playing it on live, which won't help the queue times.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Azran posted:

I wonder how good an idea it was to let people play Outbreak on the TTS. I suppose most who had the opportunity won't even bother playing it on live, which won't help the queue times.

I decided not to even touch it. My thinking was it is a limited time thing with a story so it would be more fun not to spoil it. I'm sure people will still play it again since there will be bug fixes and limited time rewards.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
iirc the Outbreak packs can only be purchased, so I wonder what kind of reward, if any, will this event have.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Bunch of charms for completing each of the maps on normal and pandemic mode, I think.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Penpal posted:

You could have played it for the last two weeks, but you'll finish all the Outbreak content in a couple of nights if you're going for the hardest difficulty so it's not that big a deal

I did play a little on the TTS but I'm more interested in the charms. I have this garbage OCD where I have to do all the weekly challenges for charms I will never use because they're too loving lazy to add "apply to all" button in their inventory management system.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Jack Trades posted:

Sometimes when I'm frustrated I just feel the need to recite the 14 words.
It's not my fault. It's just the heat of the moment, you know.

I never meant to say those things to you
One thing I said that I would never do
A kill from you and I would fall from grace
And that would wipe this smile right from my face

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
One of my biggest complaints is inventory / operator management. They seemed to put everything in folders / filters that are as useless as possible. The only exception is searching for skins by weapon / type in the store, which I'm shocked they were smart enough to do.

Grouping operators by their units is so weird and only helps to plan around the price increases. Trying to find an operator is super hard when you're unfamiliar with the game. Same with comparing all the vanilla operators to find who you want to buy when you get that precious first renown. Just... throw in a loving list screen where I can sort by attack / defend, or operator difficulty.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Is it still an ace if the last person was AFK for the entire match and just gets removed?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
No, it's not. An ace is specifically killing 5 people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_ace

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Wooper posted:

No, it's not. An ace is specifically killing 5 people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_ace

gently caress that I killed him in spirit, he ran away scared.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It's not a real ace unless you get all 5 guys on the other team, yourself, and the hostage with a Fuze charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

AppleDan posted:

gently caress that I killed him in spirit, he ran away scared.

If you didn't get an ace and tell people you did, that's stolen valor, man. Not cool