Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

walk 5 min

3 min on blue

walk 6 min

7 min on red

walk 11 min

5 + 3 + 6 + 7 + 11 = 32 + some ancilliary time = 39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

my last commutes were 30, 15, 0 so i got spoiled ok

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i just drive 30 minutes. it's nice

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
you can catch up with all the cool podcasts and pretend those people talking are your friends!

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I love listening to podcasts on the way to work. I feel so productive sitting on the train listening to the news

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i like listening to the classical music station on the way to work. it's low on advertising and i feel like i'm discovering new (old) music all of the time.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

akadajet posted:

i like listening to the classical music station on the way to work. it's low on advertising and i feel like i'm discovering new (old) music all of the time.

"new to me!"

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Pollyanna posted:

5 + 3 + 6 + 7 + 11 = 32 + some ancilliary time = 39

oh no my entire transportation budget for a month is 84.50 on the most extensive mass transit in the US that isn't in NYC, I get healthful walking for free, and they are going to pay me 90k? who do I have to stab to get that situation that you are complaining about?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ultravoices posted:

oh no my entire transportation budget for a month is 84.50 on the most extensive mass transit in the US that isn't in NYC, I get healthful walking for free, and they are going to pay me 90k? who do I have to stab to get that situation that you are complaining about?

i getcha :(

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

plus you should double check if you get some kind of transportation subsidy. my company has a pre-tax savings account for transit and my last place paid the first $50 of your pass

Kudaros
Jun 23, 2006
my commute is about to go from 8 minutes to 20 minutes and it's rocking my world. ughhhhh

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yeah they comp linkpasses

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Pollyanna posted:

yeah they comp linkpasses

jfc don't complain about your t commute if it's all train and completely free

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you'd rather drive longer than take faster, literally free transit? are there any actual benefits to driving?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol pollyanna’d again!

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

you'd rather drive longer than take faster, literally free transit? are there any actual benefits to driving?

not having to brush shoulders with the hoi polloi

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

ya, my car is clean and not full of filthy, sick strangers

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
my stop was one of the ones that used to start to fill the train, and one of my favorite morning indulgences was picking whoever had stuck a bag next to them to "claim" the empty seat on the rapidly filling car and sit there.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

now that i think about it driving really would be worse than the t

welp problem solved

also ive decided to accept company Bs offer, and that means im gonna have to break the bad news to company A that i wont be joining after all :shobon:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I prefer driving to and from work. It's very grounding for me to yell at terrible Vancouver drivers after a day of touching computers.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

im just lazy and dont wanna walk

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

on the other hand, i dont have to actually do anything, and if any accidents happen it wont be my own fault

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I understand this in the winter but in a month you’ll wish you’d always done it

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

it takes a weird kind of lazy that a few minutes of walking is so bad

don't you walk... to the car?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

even in the winter it's still an easy commute. the worst will be the park street <--> kendall run on the red line but it's short and usually those stops going in the direction pollyanna is going aren't affected by delays as much as others

basically what i'm saying is htfu and :wrongcity:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i mean as a nor'easter just blew through i fully understand "ugh i don't want to go outside for long periods of time"

i feel the same way after a snowstorm. for like a day

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if i wanted to deal with common people and go outside i would have become a cop

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

i mean as a nor'easter just blew through i fully understand "ugh i don't want to go outside for long periods of time"

i feel the same way after a snowstorm. for like a day

wfh day then shovel out nbd

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

pollyanna is the exact sort of person boomers point at when they're derisive of millennials

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

akadajet posted:

if i wanted to deal with common people and go outside i would have become a cop

get over yourself, you're a common person

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

get over yourself, you're a common person

doesn't mean i want to hang out with other's like me

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

akadajet posted:

ya, my car is clean and not full of filthy, sick strangers

your office is full of them though

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

your office is full of them though

yeah. flu season was brutal :(

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

akadajet posted:

doesn't mean i want to hang out with other's like me

you're trapped with them at work anyway, unless your job doesn't involve other people

e: beaten :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

wish you had this attitude to posting!

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Blinkz0rz posted:

pollyanna is the exact sort of person boomers point at when they're derisive of millennials

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ill just blame the flu even if i dont have it year round!! fuk u!!!!!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

anyway the real pain in the rear end would be walking from state street to downtown crossing cuz google says to walk instead of taking orange

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

even if thats probably a good idae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

if you hate taking trains so much then move to the sticks so that someone else who actually uses them occasionally can live there