Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Mustached Demon posted:

Calcy IV does the same. You know it's not obviously screwing with the app since it doesn't work on fat pokes who block the cp.

:ssh: you can use the attack animation to get them out of the way. Some especially squirmy ones (Rayquaza :argh:) you have to time it so it doesn't block the arc but even if it does its a quick fix once the animation is done. Especially helpful for fatbois like wailmer, ho oh etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So I just did an inventory on my starter candy for Gen 1. Assuming I can get a shiny of each when they release I have enough already for one Venusaur, two Charizard's and two Blastoise. Let's do this.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but since the weather update hit I noticed they changed the shaders in game and it makes some pokemon, namely Forretress and Psyduck, looked blazed out of their minds.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
10 curveball excellent throws in a row and I still couldn't catch Groudon. I'm not mad, just... astonished at that luck.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

seiferguy posted:

10 curveball excellent throws in a row and I still couldn't catch Groudon. I'm not mad, just... astonished at that luck.

I don't know how but I'm 17/17 on legendaries so far (7 Kyogre, 3 Groudon, 6 Rayquaza, 1 Mewtwo). Makes no sense.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Good and bad luck today. Took a friend out who doesn't raid and we tried a kyogre and Rayquaza. I caught both for my kid and self, but both ran from him. He only got 7 balls due to bad fighters, no gym control. Need to get him some weather boosted guys to help his damage output.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Louisgod posted:

I don't know how but I'm 17/17 on legendaries so far (7 Kyogre, 3 Groudon, 6 Rayquaza, 1 Mewtwo). Makes no sense.

You have clearly superior RNG skills.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Why is no one posting? Aren't we all excited for Bulbasaur event??

I finally caught a 93% Rayquaza and now I'm pretty content if I don't get a better one before they're gone. Max attack and defense stat, so I'm pretty happy. Recent showoff catch was a 100% Lotad which I thought I would probably never get because weather is so intermittent here and I've had to put the brakes on chasing a few 100% because I was at the top of the hour and knew there was a chance the weather would change and reroll its IVs. Not to mention we barely got rain this year so the chances are far and few between.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ya know... bulbasaur is the perfect community event for March if you think about it. SPRING BITCHES!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd post more, but I finally ran out of Pokéballs after stocking up on them about a year ago.

Mustached Demon posted:

Ya know... bulbasaur is the perfect community event for March if you think about it. SPRING BITCHES!

Spring? Why not Spoink?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

So what does April showers bring? Mr. Mime for everyone since it's April Fool's, that's what.

A fun summer event: halve whatever the drop rate is for revives to truly get us in that "drought" spirit where no one can raid anymore.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Two weeks ago, I caught a 10/10/10 Rayquaza shortly followed by a 15/15/15.

Today, I got the same pair of catches.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

May you be cursed to never catch Reshiram. I want to catch a perfect one and name it JustinRPG.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Willsun posted:

So what does April showers bring? Mr. Mime for everyone since it's April Fool's, that's what.

A fun summer event: halve whatever the drop rate is for revives to truly get us in that "drought" spirit where no one can raid anymore.

I'd be fine with this. I'm tired of throwing out revives.

Since the trio event is ending tomorrow, I wonder if we're getting a week with Rayquaza alone(I think it was supposed to end mid month?) or if we're getting a new legendary altogether? I'm done with this stupid snake (going 0/2 yesterday may have made me bitter).

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
If it weren't for this stupid return of Groudon and Kyogre I would already have had a chance at Rayquaza. Still waiting for that to happen.

E: Lucky for me I found a raid party that needed an extra person to start. Got it on my second ball with an accidental pinap :yeah:

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 4, 2018

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

RNG was kind to me. I was 1/1 on groudon, and 2/2 for Rayquaza and Kyogre. Kid got a Kyogre and Rayquaza. Friend of mine who stopped playing for a while and has nothing strong was cursed with minimum balls and got nothing. I'm going to take raid with him to build up his group with ttar, machamp, and whatever else we can do.

Having a 3rd warm body means we can reliably do ttar instead of cut it really close.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

So, my group went and did 91 Legendary raids today, following the wafu method. poo poo was super fun. 3 cars all with walkies. Our group saw 9x 100%, 8 were caught. Had some gaps here and there, so we could have easily broken 100, but doubt we could have beat the 123 set by Toronto yesterday. My bag finished at 2235/1500...now to dump rares, feed gyms and dump potions.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Holy poo poo that is a lot. Wonder how much real money got dumped on all that. Figure the current box gives 20 passes for 1480 coins...

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Holy poo poo

Would do that though if it's all Raikou again though, now that I know how crappy most electric type are.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Boywunda posted:

So, my group went and did 91 Legendary raids today, following the wafu method. poo poo was super fun. 3 cars all with walkies. Our group saw 9x 100%, 8 were caught. Had some gaps here and there, so we could have easily broken 100, but doubt we could have beat the 123 set by Toronto yesterday. My bag finished at 2235/1500...now to dump rares, feed gyms and dump potions.

How and when do you eat?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
what's the wafu method

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

what's the wafu method

Probably the tryhard speedraid tactic where you start driving as soon as the raid starts.

The shotgun plays for the driver as well.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Wafu is the term for tap and go. As soon as the lobby closes and you tap to start the battle, you drive to the next raid. We had 10-13 at all times and most of us are all L40 with strong lineups. If people error out, for the most part we keep going. When we show up for the next raid, enter lobby right away, which occasionally means we run from the previous raid boss unless it's like 96%+. But then we do the next one with less people. We were easily getting 5 raid bosses defeated on a single egg.

We packed food in coolers. Ate trail mix for high protein and fat content to limit bathroom breaks, but did stop for bathroom occasionally. We planned it for weeks and only chose people who could commit to a full day and resources to potentially do 110 raids. If Winnipeg had a better density of gyms and limited the stops, we could have done a lot better.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

what's the wafu method

When you drive around with an anime body pillow in passenger seat.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

People are weird

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Weird, I didn't think you could go to the catch screen if you weren't in range of the gym after winning the fight. That's cool

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

sebzilla posted:

People are weird

Actually, spending a day exhaustively driving to 90 different gyms and making GBS threads in diapers to save time is completely normal.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm usually mad at the game if I raid over 3 times in a row because the dodge glitch is bullshit. I can't even imagine doing 10 in a day, let alone 91.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
What is this, a competition to see who can squeeze the most joy out of the game? I've done caravans and stuff, I have a dumb amount of passes in my bag, but gently caress that. Standing around, bullshitting, and being leisurely is the only way raids are tolerable.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Did a boosted groudon and it kicked me from the win screen. Timer was up so no chance to catch it. At least it was a daily pass. I wonder how hard it would be to implement a background timer of like 5 to 10 mins that would allow people back in to catch if they hadn't caught it yet.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

What is this, a competition to see who can squeeze the most joy out of the game? I've done caravans and stuff, I have a dumb amount of passes in my bag, but gently caress that. Standing around, bullshitting, and being leisurely is the only way raids are tolerable.

The guy who started the local raid train used to run it leisurely. But then he went and played with people who run wafu style and now he wants to play that way now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Why the gently caress is it called wafu

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Waifu but no "i" since they do it as a group.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

We're All loving Unsane

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I couldn't find much relating to Pokemon Go, but I did find a Wikipedia entry on Japanese style dressing.

sebzilla posted:

We're All loving Unsane

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

quote:

Holy poo poo that is a lot. Wonder how much real money got dumped on all that. Figure the current box gives 20 passes for 1480 coins...

well let's see. 123 raids, let's be optimistic and say they floated a pass from the day before (lol) ...that's still 121 premium raid passes, or 6 boxes + 1 pass, 8980 coins.

if you buy a hundred dollars worth of coins that's "only" $62 worth, otherwise to get as close to exactly that much it's $71. Let's be real and assume every single person doing this was flipping a hundred into it though.

e: this is USD, I don't know the CAD prices for the game to see exactly how much we should shame Toronto's raid group

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Psion posted:

well let's see. 123 raids, let's be optimistic and say they floated a pass from the day before (lol) ...that's still 121 premium raid passes, or 6 boxes + 1 pass, 8980 coins.

if you buy a hundred dollars worth of coins that's "only" $62 worth, otherwise to get as close to exactly that much it's $71. Let's be real and assume every single person doing this was flipping a hundred into it though.

e: this is USD, I don't know the CAD prices for the game to see exactly how much we should shame Toronto's raid group

Hey, maybe they just spent the last six months hoarding coins for that moment :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Steve Jorbs posted:

Hey, maybe they just spent the last six months hoarding coins for that moment :v:

I suppose it is theoretically possible inasmuch as you know they're collecting 50 a day like clockwork, but uh, that's literally 180 days so I'm gonna suggest maybe they bought a raid pass or two prior to this :v:

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

We are a close group. If we had to deal with everyone in the community, no way would we do it. But joking and laughing with each other over walkies was awesome. We had soo much fun. And it helps that we are relatively hardcore players in our community (some of us more than others). It wasn't a competition, but we were generally curious how we compared to other cities, since our population is relatively small compared to other major cities and the gym density isn't really high (~700 total gyms). On our local discord, people have posted about how the bar has been set and personally I'm curious to see how others do it in our city. We know we can do better and at some point we will try again. If we can get a full day of double XP on a Sunday, that would most likely be the day we'd try again.

Psion posted:

I had 113 (2 free) passes ready to go. I spent close to $100 CAD on it (saved over the course of a few weeks). No shame at all. Was really hoping we'd do the 110 we had originally set out to do. Was a fun goal.

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

i mean whatever else you want to say about it, that many raids in a day is impressive

• Locked thread