Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that was great and probably the best part of the episode, which didn’t have the lows of the previous two weeks but felt very slight in comparison.

The continuing Donna-Dorable thing is amazing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rarity posted:

Speaking of The Joel McHale Show, their pisstake of Black Mirror was spot on :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDde-yts33I

This is amazing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Escobarbarian posted:

The main thing I learned this week is that Craig from Parks and Rec got HOT!

Holy poo poo.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I like the ending theme to Joel McHale's show the most. I don't even mean that as an insult, I legitimately like that ditty.

PriorMarcus posted:

The main thing I learned this week is that Craig from Parks and Rec got HOT!

Holy poo poo.

If you have TruTV, I recommend watching Billy on the Street. Billy Eichner is a treasure. :allears:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
He was a personal trainer in the latest season of American Horror Story if you really wanna see his guns. :)

Also Difficult People on Hulu is hilarious.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I totally thought the butt pillow on Joel McHale was a bit until the end.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Been loving the Joel McHale show so far.

Though I wish Paul Feig would stop showing up. But it's been p quick and painless each time so nbd.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

I like the ending theme to Joel McHale's show the most. I don't even mean that as an insult, I legitimately like that ditty.

If you have TruTV, I recommend watching Billy on the Street. Billy Eichner is a treasure. :allears:
RIP Difficult People

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how they didn't quite think out the thumb bit and so Joel spent the rest of the episode with red stained hands.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Croatoan posted:

I call her “my cwush”. I’m going to hell.

In an interview she said, for reals, "Apparently my problem is my enormously long tongue." :pervert:

Kidding aside, the history of murder series is the latest I've binged through and it was pretty awesome.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Am I an idiot or is there no Oscar's thread?

Edit; Just checked, idiot

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This is the TV IV so we prefer the No Scar thread.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Roseanne trailer just aired. Looks loving terrible, to zero surprise.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

EL BROMANCE posted:

Roseanne trailer just aired. Looks loving terrible, to zero surprise.

Still gonna watch the poo poo out of it. How the gently caress are they going to explain Dan?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matt Zerella posted:

Still gonna watch the poo poo out of it. How the gently caress are they going to explain Dan?

"I'm Dan's identical cousin, Stan. I thought him everything he knew about being married..."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Someone make a Looming Tower thread please.

It's mind boggling that before 9/11 the entire FBI only had 8 arabic speakers and only 1 in New York City. If the showrunners intended to make me hate the CIA then they are doing a great job. All the CIA people are smug assholes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Matt Zerella posted:

The trailer seemed to match what they’ve said previously: final season was a dream.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Someone make a Looming Tower thread please.

It's mind boggling that before 9/11 the entire FBI only had 8 arabic speakers and only 1 in New York City. If the showrunners intended to make me hate the CIA then they are doing a great job. All the CIA people are smug assholes.

Going back to people's stories from the culture at the time there was intense rivalry between the FBI and CIA and apparently so extreme that the CIA was withholding information about possible terrorist attacks from the FBI and/or not releasing it because of dozens of petty managers refusing to cooperate across departments.

Like, after the Cold War all there was to do was just cling to a petty fiefdom and make life difficult for people you didn't like since the big threats were gone.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't hated a show more than Everything Sucks in years. Most egregious cash grab of all time. gently caress this stupid show up its stupid rear end. Every single second of this show feels designed by committee. Makes sense since it's a Netflix show but still, it feels like a nightmare future where people get exactly what they want and only what they want.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 5, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

I haven't hated a show more than Everything Sucks in years. Most egregious cash grab of all time. gently caress this stupid show up its stupid rear end. Every single second of this show feels designed by committee. Makes sense since it's a Netflix show but still, it feels like a nightmare future where people get exactly what they want and only what they want.

The trailer was horrible, enough to make up my mind that it would be garbage.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Alternative take: it’s not bad.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it’s a good show if you don’t approach it with an “I HATE ALL REFERENCES” mindset

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

yeah it's not actually horrible but I reacted really badly to hearing Two Princes. gently caress that song and gently caress the Wonderwall worship. Some nostalgia is fine but in this show it's just constant top 40s pop blaring all the loving time. Just... can we just have a scene with some acting and story for once without music telling us how to feel.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wonderwall is an all time hated song for me, I wish they’d picked something better too.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wonderwall is an all time hated song for me, I wish they’d picked something better too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw2fh8qfDiA

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well, it’s an improvement. Victor Lewis Smith has forever tainted how Oasis sound to me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

Jeff Buckley - Halleluja

I'm glad he drowned.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mu Zeta posted:

Everything Sucks is a harmless show and people who have this weird, virulent reaction to period shows referencing popular things from said period is extremely weird. Outside of music, I can't remember the show doing anything particularly egregious.

Rocksicles posted:

Jeff Buckley - Halleluja

I'm glad he drowned.

:geno:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vanderdeath posted:

Everything Sucks is a harmless show and people who have this weird, virulent reaction to period shows referencing popular things from said period is extremely weird. Outside of music, I can't remember the show doing anything particularly egregious.

:geno:

It's a peaceful way to go, unlike listening to his music,.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, that was great and probably the best part of the episode, which didn’t have the lows of the previous two weeks but felt very slight in comparison.

They have to be getting Donnadorable on the show at some point, right? And/or Joel actually does her YouTube show?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

And/or Joel actually does her YouTube show?

Look, Off-Air With Donna-Dorable won't have just anyone on its show. We're talking G-list at least :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

Just... can we just have a scene with some acting and story for once without music telling us how to feel.

welcome to old age

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Look, Off-Air With Donna-Dorable won't have just anyone on its show. We're talking G-list at least :colbert:

Maybe they can send Jim Rash, then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Maybe they can send Jim Rash, then?

Hey, he has an Oscar.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think the reason I like The Soup/The Joel McHale Show so much is specifically because I've never heard of the crazy reality show bullshit they cover until they cover it

Donna-Dorable seems like a nice person :unsmith:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Joel is definitely gonna make this last as long as he thinks is funny, then go on Donnadorable's show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lycus posted:

Joel is definitely gonna make this last as long as he thinks is funny, then go on Donnadorable's show.

I assume he'll snub Today as well, only doing her YouTube one.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
When Ellen adopted precocious girls from YouTube they got a feature film, Donnadorable is a laughingstock even by the standards of daytime talkshow internet hangers-on.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Did Donnadorable have an older YouTube show, or was she just working in local news until Today hired her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh is Jenna Bush the new cohost of the Today show