Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Culture.vg is literally an alt-right gamer blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mokinokaro posted:

what a wretched, cursed and vile set of words.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Midnight Voyager posted:

I think it requires certain traits... or at least perhaps certain traits lock it out. I have been not allowed the option before.

I've never been locked out of it so I have no idea.

Granted sometimes I didn't eat anybody.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Well, their dislike of it is a good sign, means it isn't full of dumbshit bigotries and stupid memes or they'd be honking their puds at it to 'trigger the libs' or w/e

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah the fact they don't like it is an indicator that it's a good game more than anything

edit: That said, I can't find any references to them being an alt-right thing? All I see are bad opinions on games.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CJacobs posted:

Yeah the fact they don't like it is an indicator that it's a good game more than anything

edit: That said, I can't find any references to them being an alt-right thing? All I see are bad opinions on games.

http://culture.vg/features/commentary/why-michael-j-lowell-needs-to-get-a-sex-change.html

quote:

The hyperreal is born in the education system, the culmination of a decade-long demoralisation process, a cauldron of collective guilt, false praise, bullying and outright lies. It is a collection of symbols and feelings more real than reality, so much so when niggers chimp out all you see is Martin Luther King and equality.

The hyperreal has a threat: videogames. The naive aesthetics of multiculturalism, the adverts with different colored children happily holding hands, can't compete with Mario 64. The false accomplishment of denouncing Nazis can't compete with single-handedly winning WW2 in Medal of Honor. And the new hyperreal is incompatible with the old. Gamers do not play in the sandbox, we go on to the highest difficulty. We do not feel guilt killing virtual people, in fact we relish it. We do not want peace because that would be freaking boring!

Journalists, to the naive, are simply relayers of information. In reality, they act as filters, distorting indirect information to manipulate the masses. We saw this in Gamergate, game journalists colluding to create talking points which framed the scandal to benefit the SJW. "Zoe cheating on her BF with 5 journalists to get favourable reviews" became "Zoe having a relationship with one journalist only after he mentioned her game". Why did this distortion happen? While computer game worlds are isolated — what happens in Mario 64 doesn't affect Final Fantasy — in the game of life, nothing is isolated. The sandbox players, the noobs, interact with the elite, even if they don't realise they are getting pawned every single freaking day. The hyperreal was created by the elite for their own benefit: sheep are easier to fleece. And so the elite, who control journalism through money (shares, bribery etc.), will see the hyperreal preserved.

this is what a redpill overdose looks like

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
This is Poe's lawing me pretty hard.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Icycalm has been like that forever but he was just screaming into the void. It's actually kind of sad he hasn't been able to attract a bigger following in this age.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I didn't know Smorky's ex wrote about video games

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I bet he would buy my Medieval Europe immersive sim.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Reality can't be real if video games are real.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

I bet he would buy my Medieval Europe immersive sim.

Related: somebody please make a Kingdom Come mod where I can play a Moor.

https://steamed.kotaku.com/kingdom-come-owes-its-popularity-to-realism-and-conserv-1823420208

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh ok. Weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_p4xvhgMy8l1wl227f.mp4

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Wow, that first loving sentence :yikes: I get the feeling this dude believes that Rick and Morty can only be appreciated by very smart people such as himself.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I need more.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

there's a prequel

http://culture.vg/features/commentary/why-doesnt-icycalm-cop-poo poo-for-denying-the-holocaust.html

quote:

I'm not a holocaust denier myself. I think it's half-real. The camps are real, it's just a fictional world where there were gas chambers overlaid on top of that. We interact with this fictional world through the real rules relating to holocaust denial. See the writings of Jesper Juul as background reading.

Honestly, it's like the indies decided that the lie "indie games are good" is so important that they needn't bother to defend the lie "the holocaust happened" at all. Where does this skewed sense of morality come from? Don't they see that without the holocaust, hitler wouldn't look bad. And if Hitler didn't look bad, we couldn't use reductio ad hitlerium. And if there was no Goebels law, then how the gently caress would we win arguments on the internet??! With evidence and logic? HOW THE gently caress DO THEY WORK?! No, seriously, how do they work?

I can't believe indies are unwilling to defend the fundamental lie which forms the bedrock of our society. Without the holocaust there is no "Jews are victims" culture. And without the "jews are victim" culture there would be no sympathy for gays, blacks, the retarded, and yes, indies, many of whom are only partially retarded. For without the big lies there would be nothing for the mincy, small, fagety lies to latch onto. This is what indies have failed to grasp: That judges ignoring habeus corpus and historians making poo poo up is nothing more than 'indie history' and 'indie justice'. Forget the misleading book 'the holocaust industry' — the holocaust myth wasn't corrupted by industry like modern games are — nothing compromised this artistic vision — it was truly independent of restrictions, such as the laws of physics, common sense, decency...

How long until someone makes an MvC4 mod?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The internet is a very strange place. Why cant people just talk about video games without also being insane

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Midnight Voyager posted:

I am reasonably sure that this was the context: There was a plague on. They were locked up in their castle. Wife was caught stealing and eating food because she had the gluttonous trait. If you have certain traits, you can eat whoever is doing this. This person was just automatically doing that and didn't realize it was their pregnant wife until she was already eaten.

No, that wasn't the case. The newest expansion had just released, the one where you get to join secret societies, and this dude became a Satanist. He wanted to sacrifice his rival by roasting him alive in a brazen bull then eat him. Turns out his rival had somehow switched himself with the dude's wife, so said dude had himself a little extra veal at the feast :unsmigghh:

CJacobs posted:

The internet is a very strange place. Why cant people just talk about video games without also being insane

First person who solves this will win a Nobel Prize, I guarantee you. Also I love how he ties in Holocaust denial with his hatred of indie devs. Seriously, what the fuuuck.

EDIT: Then again, see the Crusader Kings example above. I guess in this hobby you have to be a little nuts.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Leading? :eyepop:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Can we not?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Dwesa posted:

Delusion is a hell of a drug

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dwesa posted:

Easy to come in first when you are the only one in the race.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Orv posted:

Can we not?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Jesus, I can't believe anyone would still remember IcyCalm these days. Is he STILL trying to scam people out of thousands despite having been found out countless times?
E: Wow culture.VG is his website! Why the gently caress is he writing in a weird third person way?

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 4, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Can I get some context on this Icycalm person?

Zil posted:

Easy to come in first when you are the only one in the race.

:golfclap:

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Discendo Vox posted:

Can I get some context on this Icycalm person?

https://icycalmisacriminal.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/icycalm-is-a-criminal/

He's a notorious scam artist and actual felon who has stolen large sums of money. He spent alot of time with arcade game hobbyists because of how much money they put into their hobby. I don't remember if all the money he stole was from arcade enthusiasts, but i wouldn't be suprised if a good chunk of it was.

Beyond that, he thinks of himself as god's gift to videogame writing/development and back in the day he tried to say he was gonna pay Cave to develop a new arcade shooter. (Which the post can be found in one of Xoxak's PRO REVIEW videos if you wanna look it up) He also wrote/writes countless contrarian articles, forum posts, and all around garbage.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 4, 2018

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Jesus, I can't believe anyone would still remember IcyCalm these days. Is he STILL trying to scam people out of thousands despite having been found out countless times?
E: Wow culture.VG is his website! Why the gently caress is he writing in a weird third person way?

Common scammer/self-aggrandizing tactic - write about yourself in the third person, and those who aren't paying close attention might take it as somebody else endorsing your views.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Orv posted:

Can we not?
You can use a mod to remove the distasteful political content if you don't like it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I refer you to Critical Distance.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Ghostlight posted:

You can use a mod to remove the distasteful political content if you don't like it.

But I don't have the Congressional SDK installed

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Lunethex posted:

But I don't have the Congressional SDK installed
In that case you'll have to brute-force it by manually editing files and deleting the drivers of conflict.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

silentsnack posted:

In that case you'll have to brute-force it by manually editing files and deleting the drivers of conflict.

I've heard that a little extrajudicial execution of code works way better.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
BallisticNG has been getting increasingly more content from the devs themselves, what with all the base tracks getting major reworks and facelifts, but the custom content has gotten particularly incredible as of late.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0U_Md57UA4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wqbdnfKaPA

Also, me and a friend made an arcade-ey announcer since you can replace audio pretty easily. (also some ships I made while playing a Gran Turismo track)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7gppd8VDJU

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Is that WipeOut on PC? (If yes, AWESOME, if not, WHY NOT?)

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Mr.Misfit posted:

Is that WipeOut on PC? (If yes, AWESOME, if not, WHY NOT?)

It's BASICALLY Wipeout, yes. the entire intention of the game is to play like WipeOut 1/2097/Wip3out, but it also has a physics mode for Pulse/HD/2048 style gameplay too.
Features include:
-Splitscreen multiplayer you can set across two monitors
-Pretty nuts amount of modding control over the game
-Speed classes/game modes for breaking the sound barrier if that's your thing

Coincidentally, the online multiplayer is working on the beta branch. not everything works yet (weapon warnings don't sound, some direct fire weapons are likely to not register a hit) but for the most part if you just wanna race it's in great shape for that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Aw hell Yeah, BallisticNG is the poo poo. I was lucky enough to play it very early, back when it was free, so now it's in my steam library and I didn't have to pay nothing (it costs 5$ now).

...and that's why I haven't touched it since, I feel like I cheated the system and screwed the devs. Haven't found a way to pay them back for the amazing work they did and I just feel guilty when I launch the game now. But when I do, it's absolutely amazing, I will totally get some old Wipeout crew on board once the online multi hits the main branch.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 13, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kikas posted:

Aw hell Yeah, BallisticNG is the poo poo. I was lucky enough to play it very early, back when it was free, so now it's in my steam library and I didn't have to pay nothing (it costs 5$ now).

...and that's why I haven't touched it since, I feel like I cheated the system and screwed the devs. Haven't found a way to pay them back for the amazing work they did and I just feel guilty when I launch the game now. But when I do, it's absolutely amazing, I will totally get some old Wipeup crew on board once the online multi hits the main branch.

You can delete games from your Steam account now without having to go through support. Do that and rebuy it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Or just buy it for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ugh that's so much work though.