Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What kind of gear is it running? I think guided weapons give the most fleet power per slot, and that 8 defense platforms contribute more than one ion cannon.

Matter Disintegrators - the Unbidden weapon.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Outside of that, there's an ascendancy perk that lets you build more defense platforms, and if you're not a pacifist, adopting pacifism will change one of the Supremacy traditions to buff them.

Capped all my traditions already but will see if I can adopt pacifism.

AtomikKrab posted:

Or just keep repeating techs that upgrade weapons/armor/defense platforms/etc

At around 100 months per tech, not interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Anyone know of a mod that disables random empires? I want only the goon species empires to spawn but I don't want to set them to always spawn. I guess I could maintain two versions, one with always spawn and one without, if I needed to.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

40k is pretty easy to hit, build 6 missile bay additions. Then build the defense grid supercomputer and put on two ion cannons and fill out with 7 more of whatever the best defense platforms you have are.

Also maybe the ambition that gives +40% home territory fire rate would do something helpful here.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Edit: nevermind, misread what I was replying to!

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Ok, so my mods list is hosed and I don't know why:

If I double click on the grey spots, some of them will beep like they're turning on and off but I can't tell what's what.

I'm running 2.0.2, I wound up deleting local folders and trying to verify, etc. Before I deleted the folders I had a handful of mods show up scattered through the list with a red ! warning.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Anyone know of a mod that disables random empires? I want only the goon species empires to spawn but I don't want to set them to always spawn. I guess I could maintain two versions, one with always spawn and one without, if I needed to.

Not really, but you can achieve almost the same thing.

If you have more empires set to "always" spawn than there are available empires in the game, then the game will randomly choose between the "always" empires.

So if you have 45 goon species, set them all to "always," and tell the game to spawn 10 empires, then those 10 empires will be pulled randomly from the 45 goon species.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Argh. One of my fleets refused to fight a full-sized enemy fleet, just sat there being attacked by it. So I loaded the last autosave, and in a different engagement, my corvette fleet tried to "fight" a starbase by flying off to the edge of the system and circling around one of the departure points, so no fire could be exchanged at all. I think I'm going to shelve this again until they've fixed some of the more crippling bugs.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

metasynthetic posted:

Ok, so my mods list is hosed and I don't know why:

If I double click on the grey spots, some of them will beep like they're turning on and off but I can't tell what's what.

I'm running 2.0.2, I wound up deleting local folders and trying to verify, etc. Before I deleted the folders I had a handful of mods show up scattered through the list with a red ! warning.

Red exclamation point means the mods in question aren't listed as working with 2.02. They may work, may not, its play at your own risk.

The grey bars mean the mods themselves are still re-installing after you purged and reloaded. Walk away and give it some time and it should go back to normal. Always has for me in the past.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Not really, but you can achieve almost the same thing.

If you have more empires set to "always" spawn than there are available empires in the game, then the game will randomly choose between the "always" empires.

So if you have 45 goon species, set them all to "always," and tell the game to spawn 10 empires, then those 10 empires will be pulled randomly from the 45 goon species.

Yeah, I knew about that. I was hoping for another mod that disables it entirely as I want the goon species mod to be "enabled" instead of "always".

In other news, I made a Fanatic Materialist/Authoritarian species. Couldn't figure out what to do with it until I learned that Synths can be enslaved.

Voyager I on Discord posted:

creating sentient AIs just so you can properly enslave them is some spectacular cruelty.

"sure, the drones mine just as hard, but you show me one that can make a satisfactory display of despair".

"My food doesn't taste right if nobody suffered to make it"

:allears: This is absolutely my plan now.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

AtomikKrab posted:

I am continuing progress towards figuring out how to purge my homeworld after moving to a ring so I can crack EVERY inhabitable planet.

I'm guessing you can't just resettle every pop away from a planet? Maybe try and build 1 robot pop there and then after moving everyone else away dismantle it? If you can't force resettlement at all you could try terraforming the planet to something everyone hates & hoping everybody relocates on their own. Terraforming it twice would be even better, during the second cycle they'll have crappy habitability & a happiness penalty (not sure if that's taken into account for migration). I don't think voluntary migration will ever completely depopulate a planet though.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Okay I'm sitting on about 50k minerals, max energy. The Fallen Empire has not yet awoken, and I'm on the edge of turning Equivalent in fleet power. I already dwarf them in naval cap and could easily afford to triple my fleet size (going from ~60k to ~180). I traded a bunch of energy for an active sensor link some time ago, and they only have ~100k in fleet power. They're still overwhelming in Tech, but I have a colossus and and am working on repeatable techs myself.

Should I start insulting them so they declare war, then buy all that sweet fleet power at the steep Harmony tradition discount (plus the unity ambition for it too), and mop the floor with them?

All signs point to yes, I feel.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Why has my core planets/fleet cap / starbase / strategic resources display moved under the time display. How do I move it back.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so some of my pops became psychic and the rest of them, most of the race, are now set to be "undesirables" and are being purged. and I can't change the species settings to make it so that this isn't happening. I can reload to a save before I did it, but I'm just curious as to what the hell is actually happening here.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

AtomikKrab posted:

I am continuing progress towards figuring out how to purge my homeworld after moving to a ring so I can crack EVERY inhabitable planet.

Move capital -> Create a vassal out of the old homeworld -> Release Vassal -> Declare War

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

jng2058 posted:

Red exclamation point means the mods in question aren't listed as working with 2.02. They may work, may not, its play at your own risk.

The grey bars mean the mods themselves are still re-installing after you purged and reloaded. Walk away and give it some time and it should go back to normal. Always has for me in the past.

The grey bars were there before I purged. They're why I decided to purge in the first place.

I just reinstalled the game and I'm still having the same issue.

Edit: figured out that apparently the grey bars are a % loading bar (which was empty) and the partition Stellaris was on was nearly full, so nothing was even attempting to download. PDX people please put in some kind of UI info to reflect this for people who are equally stupid as me, thank you.

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 5, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can anyone tell me how I get my Teldar Crystals and other Strategics to give me their bonuses? Or where I can see how they work in 2.0.2 or whatever the beta patch is?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Can anyone tell me how I get my Teldar Crystals and other Strategics to give me their bonuses? Or where I can see how they work in 2.0.2 or whatever the beta patch is?

you get the bonus as long as you have at least 1 of the resource, instantly

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jazerus posted:

you get the bonus as long as you have at least 1 of the resource, instantly
:stare: Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Even if you have 3, you just need 1. Trading basically gives another empire the same bonus for X number of years.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Sector AI really needs to chill out when it comes to food. I'm playing a devouring swarm hive mind so whenever I conquer a chunk of planets I've got hundreds of excess food per month but the new colonies only have a few resettled pops to work the tiles but sectors still put farms as the absolute highest priority for pop assignment. :argh:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

when genemodding is there a way to upgrade traits, so like strong into very strong?

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

StashAugustine posted:

when genemodding is there a way to upgrade traits, so like strong into very strong?

Not without the top end gene ascension perk that allows you to remove positive traits.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
So whats the latest meta for fleet composition and equipment? Haven't faced anyone yet except the standard empires, so just a mix of shields and armor.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I just hit 2400 in my current game and the Khan never appeared. Kind of an anticlimax. I know I had midgame crisis set to 2300, does he just not show up sometimes? Or maybe I screwed up the spawn because shortly after 2300 I wiped out the marauder empire bordering me because I didn't want him to appear there. There are two marauder empires still out there but they're kind of irrelevant by now.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

sparkmaster posted:

So whats the latest meta for fleet composition and equipment? Haven't faced anyone yet except the standard empires, so just a mix of shields and armor.

I'm having an absolute ton of luck with Torpedo/Autocannon corvettes in droves with cruiser artillery support in about a 3:1 ratio. Double afterburner cruisers don't seem to slow down the group and provide a long-range punch to take out big tanky things like starbases and titans.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Maybe this is because I set the AI to agressive, but is anyone having trouble with the AI just sorta suicide attacking? As in they attack a vastly superior force and get trashed every time.

I was sitting in a system with ~10k fleet and a 3k starbase, and here comes the AI rolling in with 3k and gets wiped. Like something is off with how they're calculating their odds?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Is there a hotkey to upgrade all on a defense platform? Better, add a hotkey to upgrade all on all starbases

There's a button on the Defenses panel for a starbase that lets you upgrade all of them in one go. Top of the platform list I think.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I'm planning on going to war with a devouring swarm whose planets have poo poo habitability for me. I can get either migration treaties with people that have suitable habitability, or possibly enlighten a vassal, plus I have robots (though not synths). What happens when I take over their planets and how can I make sure they're stocked with suitable species?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I'm planning on going to war with a devouring swarm whose planets have poo poo habitability for me. I can get either migration treaties with people that have suitable habitability, or possibly enlighten a vassal, plus I have robots (though not synths). What happens when I take over their planets and how can I make sure they're stocked with suitable species?

build a robot or resettle somebody onto the world after you take it. if you don't, it will revert to uncolonized after the purge of the swarm's drones is done.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I conquered a planet with a couple of organics on it as a Machine Empire and I've decided I'd rather have real robots on it than lovely batteries, but the little jerks refuse to migrate away. I think I've had them set to 'Undesirables' for something like 150 years and they're still just chilling out, miserably working a few tiles on a planet that is now predominantly populated by robots. I even terraformed the planet into a machine world hoping I could 'accidentally' genocide them without pissing off the rest of the galaxy, but they're still sticking around at 0% habitability - they're just slightly more miserable about life than they were before.

Is there anything I can do do get these guys to gently caress off short of sending out the killbots? Should I just make them a habitat in some poo poo-rear end system and then release it as a vassal?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jazerus posted:

build a robot or resettle somebody onto the world after you take it. if you don't, it will revert to uncolonized after the purge of the swarm's drones is done.

This.

If the planet is full of hive mind pops, you'll have to keep an eye on when they start dying. There's only a few months between the first one dying (giving you room to place your own pop there) and ALL of them dying. Note that your robot doesn't have to be FINISHED building; as long as it's there, you'll hold the planet.

In my current game, I built a single robot and replaced a single building with a Visitor Center. I put the bot on the building, and waited. Didn't take long for my pops to start migrating once there was room.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Voyager I posted:

I even terraformed the planet into a machine world hoping I could 'accidentally' genocide them without pissing off the rest of the galaxy, but they're still sticking around at 0% habitability - they're just slightly more miserable about life than they were before.

This doesn't seem like it's working the way it should be.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

I conquered a planet with a couple of organics on it as a Machine Empire and I've decided I'd rather have real robots on it than lovely batteries, but the little jerks refuse to migrate away. I think I've had them set to 'Undesirables' for something like 150 years and they're still just chilling out, miserably working a few tiles on a planet that is now predominantly populated by robots. I even terraformed the planet into a machine world hoping I could 'accidentally' genocide them without pissing off the rest of the galaxy, but they're still sticking around at 0% habitability - they're just slightly more miserable about life than they were before.

Is there anything I can do do get these guys to gently caress off short of sending out the killbots? Should I just make them a habitat in some poo poo-rear end system and then release it as a vassal?

What kind of planet do they need? Maybe non of your neighbours has any planets they could be displaced to. Do you have food production? If not, they should slowly starve to death

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So, are there any mods that extend the timer on Timed Projects? I'm getting annoyed when I find special projects that need a constructor ship but with how long it takes to traverse systems, they always time out :tizzy:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

StashAugustine posted:

No and it's bullshit :mad: (unless you go full genetic ascension)

King Doom posted:

From the Sol System, right? these guys were the all stars of the very first game of Stellaris I ever played.

I was messing about with an ultra friendly super sciencey race and I found the Sol tomb world on the other side of the galaxy and those guys were on it, so I built an outpost and uplifted them. And then some fanatic purifiers blindsided me and conquered basically every one of my original planets, leaving me with a tomb world full of uplifted bugs.

As emergent stories go, it was pretty awesome. A bunch of only just raised to sentience bugs left alone after their uplifters just vanish one day. They had the prole trait, so they were awful at science, but awesome at building, so they build a fleet and go flying back towards where their buddies are. There's a slaver empire in the way though, so they have to smash through them by flying fleet after fleet after fleet of crappy ships, till the slavers are just overwhelmed. Maybe the slavers are the reason the uplifters vanished? the slavers get purged, just in case. So does a despotic empire and a one planet sized purifier civilisation who picked the worst time to make the trip to the stars.

Finally the Roachoids make it back to the uplifters home system, obliterating the original fanatic purifiers fleet in a battle where the purifiers are outnumbered five to one and the planet is liberated! The Roachoids finally get to meet their uplifters face to face, all two of the pops that hadn't been purged yet. The Roachoids mass migrate to their new homeworld to guard their uplifters.

Of course, by this point the threat they've built up means that all the neighbouring races are starting to build up, so it was time or the Roachoids to rally their own fleets again...
Picture it from the other side, too. You're one of the few remaining members of a doomed race, hiding from the killsquads in a couple of abandoned power plants. Suddenly the planet gets invaded by those hellbugs that have been terrifying half the galaxy, but instead of murdering they're "Creators! We found you! We made you an empire, do you like it? Please do science for us we are so very bad at it."

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 5, 2018

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mewnie posted:

So, are there any mods that extend the timer on Timed Projects? I'm getting annoyed when I find special projects that need a constructor ship but with how long it takes to traverse systems, they always time out :tizzy:

The 2.02 beta sets the minimum time for all timed projects to 3 years. Opt in, it's good.

Splicer posted:

Picture it from the other side, too. You're one of the few remaining members of a doomed race, hiding from the killsquads in a couple of abandoned power plants. Suddenly the planet gets invaded by those hellbugs that have been terrifying half the galaxy, but instead of murdering they're "Creators! We found you! We made you an empire, do you like it? Please do science for us we are so very bad at it."

:3:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've got 3 200 cap fleets of roughly 70k each and I now border the xenophobe awakened empire.
They're STILL not doing anything. I don't know what's up with them. I think I'll just go to war on them and see what happens.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
0.75x hyperlanes on a spiral galaxy really is the way to go. You get some wonderful space terrain, which leads to stories.

My machine empire started near some erudite explorer lizards who were pretty chill, except that they took a system that blocked my access to further expansion up-arm. So I declared war, took it, immediately formed a NAP and then defensive pact (No harm no foul, right? Right? Look, sorry, but we really wanted that). Unfortunately for them, their other avenue for expansion was cockblocked by a spiritualist empire, so they just sat there in their 10-star empire until about 2400, at which point they asked to become my protectorate. I accepted, and will integrate them soon (I am running the Machines Co-exist mod, so they can participate in my empire as something other than Matrix pods).

Imagine being in that tiny star nation, watching the robot empire neighbouring you expanding and dominating a quarter of the galaxy. "That could have been us. That should have been us. But it isn't us, may as well ask the machines to take us in and make it official." :sigh:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

GotLag posted:

0.75x hyperlanes on a spiral galaxy really is the way to go. You get some wonderful space terrain, which leads to stories.

My machine empire started near some erudite explorer lizards who were pretty chill, except that they took a system that blocked my access to further expansion up-arm. So I declared war, took it, immediately formed a NAP and then defensive pact (No harm no foul, right? Right? Look, sorry, but we really wanted that). Unfortunately for them, their other avenue for expansion was cockblocked by a spiritualist empire, so they just sat there in their 10-star empire until about 2400, at which point they asked to become my protectorate. I accepted, and will integrate them soon (I am running the Machines Co-exist mod, so they can participate in my empire as something other than Matrix pods).

Imagine being in that tiny star nation, watching the robot empire neighbouring you expanding and dominating a quarter of the galaxy. "That could have been us. That should have been us. But it isn't us, may as well ask the machines to take us in and make it official." :sigh:

You didn't give friends a break and some planets from the spiritualists to give them an exit corridor? drat dude. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Artificer posted:

You didn't give friends a break and some planets from the spiritualists to give them an exit corridor? drat dude. :(

The spiritualists are part of a large federation of god-botherers that used to be a large clusterfuck of mutually-defending god-botherers. I couldn't take them all at once and after I somehow got association status with them I didn't want to gently caress up that nicely secured flank.