Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

E: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I can't believe you guys left out the best girl

Edit: I should replace my avatar with with Fracture eyes.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 5, 2018

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I can't believe you guys left out the best girl

Edit: I should replace my avatar with with Fracture eyes.

Open mouth Quina with Fracture being eaten.

"NO CAN EAT" as your text

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Quina should have been in FF8. The Devour command was practically tailor made for him/her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

they're all girls monsters in my mind

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

brother is the harem anime protagonist surrounded by a bunch of girl monsters (not monster girls, though)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Brother Entropy posted:

brother is the harem anime protagonist surrounded by a bunch of girl monsters (not monster girls, though)

The monster girls and girl monsters are too good for Brother

Brother deserves to die alone. I decree it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

The Rule of Three :females: is Absolute and Cannot Be Challenged.

what about final fantasy xiii, your party is seth, sarah, ming, and kaim's granddaughter

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

what about final fantasy xiii, your party is seth, sarah, ming, and kaim's granddaughter

You misspelled Lightning, Eclaire, and Lightning Jr.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
But XV only has Iris and Aranea.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Please do not remind me of Kaims lovely grandkids.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ApplesandOranges posted:

But XV only has Iris and Aranea.

Luna used a trident against Leviathan, so I guess she counts as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Barudak posted:

Please do not remind me of Kaims lovely grandkids.

why do you hate phil and lil

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If I don't care about the online parts of comrade at all, are any of the episodes of FFXV worth purchasing on their own instead of paying fuckin' $25 for the season pass?

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Episode Ignis is probably the best DLC for both story and the weapon you get for completing it. Prompto is the next best and then finally Gladio which isn't a terrible dlc but is definitely the worst of the batch and one of its unlockables is hidden behind doing a second run of it while trying to get a certain amount of points based on your combos and time.....really not worth it, and its weapon unlock is probably the worst of the three? I'd need to compare the Prompto gun to it but yeah. I can say I found it worthwhile to get the season pass......though with the royal edition coming out in 2 days I'm finding it significantly less worthwhile now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

why do you hate phil and lil

Because I've never watched an episode of rugrats but I'm aware of who those characters are?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Barudak posted:

Because I've never watched an episode of rugrats but I'm aware of who those characters are?

They're these guys right

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

seiferguy posted:

Luna used a trident against Leviathan, so I guess she counts as well.

But then if you're counting that, you'll have to count Edea in VIII and Beatrix in IX, so that means VIII and IX have four female playable characters. :v:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Luna was a loving badass from what we saw of her tbh. Brushing aside those guns like a sassy baller and going off to yell at Leviathan.

Dope as hell.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing I will give Lost Odyssey - it had what I believe to be the most amazingly, ridiculously over-the-top final boss theme I’ve ever heard. I mean, c’mon, listen to this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vbsI9xFuo8

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Darth Walrus posted:

One thing I will give Lost Odyssey - it had what I believe to be the most amazingly, ridiculously over-the-top final boss theme I’ve ever heard. I mean, c’mon, listen to this poo poo:

This actually owns and I am a big fan

shame I never played LO it seems like it had a few good ideas in between the garbage

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This actually owns and I am a big fan

shame I never played LO it seems like it had a few good ideas in between the garbage

It’s a very slow starter with more than its fair share of weird/dumb bits, but the music is great, Jansen’s English dub VA does an incredible job (he should by all rights be the most annoying character in the game, and yet somehow he is the best), and some of the Thousand Years of Dreams stories are pretty affecting. Once you get to Disc Three, though, it’s pure, uncut :tviv: - the attack on Gohtza in particular is a top-tier JRPG experience.

And yeah, I’m pretty sure the intro to Howl of the Departed is the sound of Uematsu releasing his limiters and attaining his final form.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
LO really annoyed me at release, it seemed high concept but lacking in any real gameplay meat -- the cutscenes were over long, you spend a lot of the game literally just reading books. A good few boss fights were basically lifted wholesale from older Final Fantasy games, or at the very least conceptually. I liked Jansen but I honestly do not remember a single other character.

I think the game has tons of neat ideas and IIRC it even had a proper world map? But besides some great cutscene direction in places, I can't recall liking much about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think Lost Odyssey is gonna be my 'play an old RPG' holiday project in a couple of weeks

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Aside from Jansen, the part I remember most about LO is how the final boss was defeated by a woman half his weight very slowly pushing him through a doorway.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Howl of the Departed has the FF7 boss theme guitar riff in it and it owns.

If they touched up the graphics, added turbo and sped up the loading I'd totally replay LO in a current system. My main issue was that the game is just plain slow.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lost Odyssey is a great game that suffers from a slow first two discs where youre just building your party up, the aforementioned child characters going from being introduced via something you dont do a hell of a lot of in gaming and in affecting way to “please shut up and stop appearing in this narrative”, and difficulty having a few vertical wall spikes that are basically yes/no checks to possessing certain items/abilities.

The actual gamplay is super fun and the thousand years of dreams are incredible even if they have no bearing on the plot or game at all and there is one story in there I cant read on replays because it hits so close to home as an adult now that Ill probably end up a mess if I read it.

Everyone go play it, and if you have an xbone and didnt get it free and play it what he hell is wrong with you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's a he'll of a song but it's no Eternity

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm gonna get the pc version of The Final Fantasy Fifteen and mod in my dream team of Cindy, Cindy, Aranea, and Dino.

*warp strikes behind you* AYyyy yo BADDA BING nuttin' personal kiddo!

edit: wait no poo poo "ayy yo ahm wahpin' 'ere!"

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 5, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Lost Odyssey had the tiddy queen and the mortal party member who was super old but still acted like a momma's boy with his immortal mom who was also a party member

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As if her extremely prominent veins werent where your eyes were locked.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Calaveron posted:

Lost Odyssey had the tiddy queen and the mortal party member who was super old but still acted like a momma's boy with his immortal mom who was also a party member

Sed is the best mortal in the party :colbert:

I do have a soft spot for Tolten though, based on the way they go from one of the worst to one of the best imo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has a voice ever matched its character model less than Dino

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I want an XV mod that lets you set Gentiana's photobombing chance to 100%

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/926706854180175873

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Darth Walrus posted:

Every now and then we still get songs like that that give a hint of what a modern FFMQ's sound track would be like. :allears:

I never did finish LO. I remember the long train ride and playing a few hours after that but RL got in the way and I never went back to complete the game.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

pichupal posted:

I want an XV mod that lets you set Gentiana's photobombing chance to 100%

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I knew there would be a disconnect. Still wasn't ready.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barudak posted:

As if her extremely prominent veins werent where your eyes were locked.

The queen's big ol' veiny baps were when I realised HD gaming had finally arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Help Im Alive posted:

I always thought that about Rasler in the XII intro scene.