Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Eobard already tried that. No luck :shrug:

Nanites. Courtesy of Ray Palmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Constantine animated series starts on CW Seed on March 24th.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I seriously got like four episodes behind because every time I'm sit down I'd throw on Return of The Mack and get lost checking out Youtube videos for an hour.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

STAC Goat posted:

I've listened to Careless Whisper like 20 times this week.

This after listening to Waterloo more than I care for.

After having Return of the Mack on loop for weeks.

And after I added Good Morning to my music library.

This show has somehow become the soundtrack of my life.

Same af, literally couldn't sleep last night cuz Careless Whisper is hardcore playing in my head Too Many Cooks style.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
This show is a treasure.

Dread Pirate Juwe was wonderful, just so good. Even got her own Rum.

Ray being Ray and getting knocked the gently caress out after risking his life to save Nora was great. (edit: after killing her in the first place)

Sara and Ava having a terrible date at a restaurant but a fantastic time beating the poo poo out of people together was great.

Earth totem turning Blackbeard's partner into a Pirates of the Caribbean rejected villain was great.

Careless Whispers was great.

Pantsing Gary was great.

Call-back to "screwing things up for the better" was great. Legends really are legends mainly because they cause such a commotion whenever they "fix" the past that nobody forgets them. Ray and Sara in Camelot, Mick with Washington.

It was great.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/katrinalaw/status/968651848222523393

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Beloved?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love Katrina Law.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I was thinking back, and I honestly can't remember when the last time Flash used Wally as well as he was used here. He had like 5 minutes of screen time and it was all great, and it's been like drat near a year since he was at all relevant on the Flash. That's....somewhere between funny and sad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mulva posted:

I was thinking back, and I honestly can't remember when the last time Flash used Wally as well as he was used here. He had like 5 minutes of screen time and it was all great, and it's been like drat near a year since he was at all relevant on the Flash. That's....somewhere between funny and sad.

First episode of the current season, when Barry was literally off screen for about half an hour. Otherwise never, generally.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mulva posted:

He had that cool catch bullets and throw them back into the gun that fired them move in Crisis on Earth-X...then wandered off to protect Joe and Cecille and wasn't seen again...

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I appreciated them going to Detroit and then filming the museum stuff off-screen. At least they got the fly-over shot.

Show has been on a roll lately and the Groundhog Day easily could have been terrible with a mostly-new girl we haven't really had reason to care about yet, but it was amazing and she knocked it out of the park.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Tala Ashe is kind of amazing in this.

And uh, is it me or is Legends just the best of the 3 arrowverse shows right now? Like Flash is just being annoying with Devoe being smugly smart only becuase Team Flash is dumb, even if Elongated Man is quite good. I don't even know what the gently caress to make of Arrow though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
This show is best because it almost ruthlessly plays to the writers’ strengths. It’s determinedly stupid but earnest, with a just ludicrous amount of gratuitous pop culture references.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They do fun comic booky things and generally stay away from too much drama unlike the other shows, that's why it's been the best since season 2.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Oh Ray. oh, RAY.
You soft hearted, golden soul, DUMBASS.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

twistedmentat posted:

Tala Ashe is kind of amazing in this.

And uh, is it me or is Legends just the best of the 3 arrowverse shows right now? Like Flash is just being annoying with Devoe being smugly smart only becuase Team Flash is dumb, even if Elongated Man is quite good. I don't even know what the gently caress to make of Arrow though.

They need to make Elongated Man a Legend. It's time he goes pro.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Writh posted:

They need to make Elongated Man a Legend. It's time he goes pro.

This. He's too good for The Flash.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
He'd fit right in as a well meaning gently caress up with a useful but not TOO useful powerset.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

He'd fit right in as a well meaning gently caress up with a useful but not TOO useful powerset.

Him and Nate would make a good combo with their power sets. They could finally do that slingshot thing Ralph was talking about. Him launching a steeled up Nate could do some fantastic damage AND look hilarious at the same time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They'd also be competing on who can pick up babes throughout time.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think those rumours of all the best writers basically being pushed over onto Legends turned out to be bunk but Legends still kinda got to cherry pick a bunch of pretty decent characters from the other shows which definitely left Flash at least kinda bereft for a bit. Though Captain Cold and especially Rory have become so much more than they probably could have become as just villains on the Flash, even if they got a full season as the leaders of the Rogues or whatever. I think the Flash has just kinda floundered with each of its main villains, the random villain of the week episodes are still entertaining sometimes.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Legends is a show that knows what it is and leaned hard into it. Flash tries to be fun but also serious and is real bad at the serious stuff now, Arrow is supposed to be serious but is manufacturing drama left and right, but Legends really hit its stride as soon as it ditched the Hawk-people stuff. Supergirl isn't quite as good imo but it's still found a good balance, though I am not a fan of the lack of cupcake eating and Barry/Kara geeking out :mad:

ANyway Legends is great
https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/963802155311394816
e:the tweet link is broken here's her IG post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfLi92GBnfh/?utm_source=ig_embed
https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/938190539018477568

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 4, 2018

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

twistedmentat posted:

They'd also be competing on who can pick up babes throughout time.

By 'they', you mean Ralph and Sara, right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fractalairduct posted:

By 'they', you mean Ralph and Sara, right?

Nate will TRY

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I they added Ralph after adding Wally then there'd just be way too many people Nate wanted to goofy best friends with. It would be chemistry chaos.

Also have I mentioned how much I love Wally and drunk Rip? I'm not near as harsh on Flash as many of the people around here but Legends managed to make Wally more likable to me in one side plot episode than I think Flash ever did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with Rip was that he was always such a killjoy who would stop the team from having fun. Sara is a great captain because more often than not she's complicit in the shenanigans or at least understanding of them and isn't a huge wet blanket. Also doesn't help that Rip had that tinge of antagonism withe every interaction seeing as he lied to them in the first place to get them on the team and then was constantly keeping secrets.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rip was dealing with the whole "wife and child murdered and trying to save them" thing in S1. He was chilling out in S2 was dealing with the whole "being replaced by a better captain" thing. But by S3 he's probably removed enough to have been able to move on and just have fun.

At least that's my hope from that Wally sideplot.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

STAC Goat posted:

Rip was dealing with the whole "wife and child murdered and trying to save them" thing in S1. He was chilling out in S2 was dealing with the whole "being replaced by a better captain" thing. But by S3 he's probably removed enough to have been able to move on and just have fun.

At least that's my hope from that Wally sideplot.
He seems like he's going to be doing an "I've been a terrible failure and now I have to make up for it" thing though, which doesn't really sound fun.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiggum posted:

He seems like he's going to be doing an "I've been a terrible failure and now I have to make up for it" thing though, which doesn't really sound fun.

What is his current malfunction?

He's a TIME BANDIT?

I think i missed a few episodes, he went loco and tried toi gently caress everything up... got nicked and now he's an escaped bad guy or a grey jedi... ???

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

What is his current malfunction?

He's a TIME BANDIT?

I think i missed a few episodes, he went loco and tried toi gently caress everything up... got nicked and now he's an escaped bad guy or a grey jedi... ???

If I remember correctly, he was the only one at the Time Bureau who thought they should be going after Mallus. He decided to do it without bureau approval, so they locked him up. The Legends sprung him from prison (I think), and now he's on the run. Or something like that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shaddak posted:

If I remember correctly, he was the only one at the Time Bureau who thought they should be going after Mallus. He decided to do it without bureau approval, so they locked him up. The Legends sprung him from prison (I think), and now he's on the run. Or something like that.

He broke out of the Time Klink himself :eng101:

That’s even more badass.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I am glad he stole his jacket back. He never looked right in that suit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shaddak posted:

If I remember correctly, he was the only one at the Time Bureau who thought they should be going after Mallus. He decided to do it without bureau approval, so they locked him up.

Specifically because his method of doing so involved letting Dharhk get revived and then getting pretty much their entire force killed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dahrk's got dad jokes. :xd:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Why do I get the feeling that Ava is Sara's daughter or something based on the abrupt secret that Sara apparently isn't allowed to know.

Also Darhk busting out dad jokes and laughing at them is the best. Holy poo poo he's just having too much fun with this role.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"We allow light to moderate theft on this ship. We like to call them souvenirs."

lol Dharke got matched with Cupid. Dad Dharke is pretty great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Yeah I'm just guessing but they're telegraphing this one pretty hard and Director Pants Suit is gonna die. :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol Dharke got matched with Cupid. Dad Dharke is pretty great.

I was wondering who that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also Darhk's stupidass Andy Warhol wig is fantastic :allears: