Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Louisgod posted:

I'm really, really annoyed this game doesn't have a "come to me" command like the first had. What a moronic oversight. If the game DOES have it then it's buried in sub-command hell.

If you mean like a lure type command, it does have one. It's down on the d-pad, I think (I haven't played in like a month.)

You need to be within range. The range can be extended by buying certain shops.

Obviously only works outside of combat - I'm not sure how you'd use it in combat. Left on the d-pad focuses everyone's attacks on your target in case you get split up from taunts or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

shortspecialbus posted:

If you mean like a lure type command, it does have one. It's down on the d-pad, I think (I haven't played in like a month.)

You need to be within range. The range can be extended by buying certain shops.

Obviously only works outside of combat - I'm not sure how you'd use it in combat. Left on the d-pad focuses everyone's attacks on your target in case you get split up from taunts or w/e

No, I meant while in battle commanding your AI to come to your position, which the first XC had. Super useful for when they were stuck in pits or poison swamps.

The lure command in this game doesn't work nearly as well for me as prior games for whatever reason.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Ah, yeah, then no I don't think it has that. Or if it does it's as you said, buried and obscure. Would be really nice in certain fights like (postgame)Cloud King Ken, when you're trying to stay under him to grab core crystals and stuff and your teammates are half a mile away, which makes reviving a major pain in the rear end :mad:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Rirse posted:

Man my replay of Xenoblade is a lot faster in time. About seven hours in and I just got pass Xord. I don't remember him being so early, probably because I am ignoring most quests this time unless it something very easy to do like "kill this enemy" that I usually run into on the way to the next plot point.

I'm doing the reverse, trying to do All the quests. (Except of course the mutually exclusive ones.) It's taking some time...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
New blades and bards are new game+ only apparently.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Blade quests all reset in the NG+ leap. I fear this means that my acute completionism is going to make me complete Ursula's quest again (the stamps do not seem to have carried over).

On another note, Electra's quest doesn't play well cutscene-wise with NG+. I'm still in Chapter 3 (which is apparently when the quest first becomes available), and skipped straight to finding the kid we zapped (since I did finish her quest in the original playthrough, and the quest specifies levelling up a skill). 4 and 5 were both in these later cutscenes, even though thus far I haven't even met 5.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I'm really, really annoyed this game doesn't have a "come to me" command like the first had. What a moronic oversight. If the game DOES have it then it's buried in sub-command hell.

Yeah, this was this first thing I noticed when I was getting used to combat, and it's so, so stupid that it's not in there. Watching your team stand in poison or sit right in front of a monster charging up its special move is just infuriating

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

On one hand, I probably understand the combat way better than I ever did in XBX.

On the other hand I miss the exploration from that game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I found a passable alternative to be to sheath your weapon, it causes the other party members to do the same and they usually run to you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
gently caress the new blades being gacha only. THIS ISN'T A F2P GAME AND YOU DON'T MAKE MONEY OF THE GACHA YOU MONOLITHIC ASSHOLES. :argh:

Dr. Fetus posted:

From what I'm hearing, this patch applied a few nerfs to some things. Core farming is a lot harder now, enemies who dropped Rare and Legendary core crystals do so far less frequently now. And stat boosts from blades no longer apply unless that party member has the blade out and active instead of just having them on them. Which is a pretty huge nerf to Morag, since you can't skyrocket her agility anymore.

This is a pretty huge Tora nerf as well. Getting the extra VIT/DEX from master mods while using QTpi to murder everything was a pretty huge help for him not getting spiked down in between hits (he'll still have 9999hp by lvl 99 at least, I think).

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Why can't I equip Poppi a with certain mods (strike and muscle IV)? Yes I have enough energy. Neither of the other models have any restrictions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not having played XB2 yet, will any of these changes matter much for someone who hasn't seen what got nerfed?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rirse posted:

Not having played XB2 yet, will any of these changes matter much for someone who hasn't seen what got nerfed?

No. It probably won’t matter much for anyone else, either.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Reality Loser posted:

Why can't I equip Poppi a with certain mods (strike and muscle IV)? Yes I have enough energy. Neither of the other models have any restrictions.

There's just some things alpha can't do.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So what are the new rare blades and how do you get them?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rudoku posted:

There's just some things alpha can't do.
But I thought she was Alpha by name, Alpha by nature? :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DoctorChowder posted:

Yeah, from what I've looked around, you can get overdrives, legendary cores, weapon exp items(not sure about this one), ether crystals, and accessory expansion items from different bards from each titan.

Meanwhile, Zeke's new ability is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXuNesJAEM

Yeah, Pandoria is pretty much the best blade in the game once you get this ability. Yes, even better than Mythra. Applies a massive damage boost (somewhere from 2x to 4x.), grants Zeke complete immunity to every status effect,
heavily speeds up his animations, and reduces his arts cooldown to almost nothing. If Pandoria tosses out Recharge Boost, you can pretty much just chain arts into arts into arts, over and over again. And it lasts for a whopping 90 seconds. Not that anything is going to live that long while it's active!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I wish all playable chars got a super move with their main blade, like Rex and Zeke.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nerdz posted:

I wish all playable chars got a super move with their main blade, like Rex and Zeke.

Tora gets one too, it's called Poppi QTpi. :black101:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well that's the thing, Shining Justice Pandoria kinda makes QTpi look like a regular common blade in comparison now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Axle_Stukov posted:

Well that's the thing, Shining Justice Pandoria kinda makes QTpi look like a regular common blade in comparison now.

Good. I hate Tiger Tiger and I'm terrible at it and Zeke is my favorite character apart from Nia.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nia should unlock a super dance

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

U-DO Burger posted:

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016
I've been legendary core farming with a variation of the usual setup and I can feel the core chip nerf.

I went from getting 20-30+ cores before to 6-8 per fight now.

also

U-DO Burger posted:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Silver Falcon posted:

Good. I hate Tiger Tiger and I'm terrible at it and Zeke is my favorite character apart from Nia.

Is there literally any other way to improve the Poppi series besides a terrible minigame? Anything at all? I can feel myself tense up uncontrollably when trying to do perfect runs for parts and crystals.

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016

SpazmasterX posted:

Is there literally any other way to improve the Poppi series besides a terrible minigame? Anything at all? I can feel myself tense up uncontrollably when trying to do perfect runs for parts and crystals.

On NG+, you can spend 200k bonus exp for 20k ether crystals. If you're not in NG+, I don't think so.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ocd: hey look new game plus, with a bunch of new blades

me: that's nice

ocd: hey let's do it

me: ocd i have literally spent 236 hours on this loving game, i'm not playing it again

ocd: it's cute that you think that

so i'm playing xenoblade 2 again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

if you haven't done it set the difficulty to Easy, it doesn't affect the parts/crystals you get and walls not hurting you takes a ton of the stress off

also don't forget to sell the parts you get

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Yinlock posted:

if you haven't done it set the difficulty to Easy, it doesn't affect the parts/crystals you get and walls not hurting you takes a ton of the stress off

Oh goddamn it why does normal mode even exist then?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

Oh goddamn it why does normal mode even exist then?

Because its what the game launched with before they went back and unfucked that minigame slightly.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

When can we start finding the new blades in ng+? I am only missing one blade from the first run through so I’d likely to see the new content.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

numerrik posted:

When can we start finding the new blades in ng+? I am only missing one blade from the first run through so I’d likely to see the new content.

Pretty much right away. All but one of them are gatcha though so... good luck! :v:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

numerrik posted:

Got one on Nia immediately after getting her, before getting the nameless basic tutorial blade.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Barudak posted:

Because its what the game launched with before they went back and unfucked that minigame slightly.

Okay that makes much more sense.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zore posted:

Pretty much right away. All but one of them are gatcha though so... good luck! :v:

they seem to have a way higher drop rate though, I got them all through one stack of legendaries

e: 5 of them anyway, you have to hunt down the 6th near the end of the game

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is for Xenoblade 1, but is there a good guide on rebuilding Colony 6? I only at level 1 on each part, but the gamefaq only talks about the residents and the material one only lists the location of the plants in regions, with no listing of where the monsters are at.

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004
Dick Tasty for President 2020

Rirse posted:

This is for Xenoblade 1, but is there a good guide on rebuilding Colony 6? I only at level 1 on each part, but the gamefaq only talks about the residents and the material one only lists the location of the plants in regions, with no listing of where the monsters are at.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zsw4BoNPdCEmKI4k0_beIAsDt77ii-vVgLegaph3518/edit?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&hl=en_US&f=true&gid=11#gid=22

That should have everything you need.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So uh I'm starting to play this game because I have a lot of free time due to my bum kidneys

and apparently after the tutorial chapter ended and I lost my healer I became really bad at combat.

Like, I advanced the plot far enough to get Tora/Poppi, so I at least have a tank, but if I try doing any sidequests I still can't keep up with the amount of damage enemies are able to drop on me. I'm assuming I'm gonna get Nia back at some point in the relatively near future; should I just plow forward with main-quest stuff until that happens? I'm pretty sure I'll be fine once I can get a proper MMO role triad going again. Barring that, what the hell am I doing wrong w/r/t damage mitigation? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

loquacius posted:

So uh I'm starting to play this game because I have a lot of free time due to my bum kidneys

and apparently after the tutorial chapter ended and I lost my healer I became really bad at combat.

Like, I advanced the plot far enough to get Tora/Poppi, so I at least have a tank, but if I try doing any sidequests I still can't keep up with the amount of damage enemies are able to drop on me. I'm assuming I'm gonna get Nia back at some point in the relatively near future; should I just plow forward with main-quest stuff until that happens? I'm pretty sure I'll be fine once I can get a proper MMO role triad going again. Barring that, what the hell am I doing wrong w/r/t damage mitigation? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Whenever the game takes away a story character just bumrush plot until you get them back. This will eapecially save you heartache later where the missing character is critical for just about every sidequest to work and the game doesnt indicate thats why they arent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016

Yinlock posted:

they seem to have a way higher drop rate though, I got them all through one stack of legendaries

e: 5 of them anyway, you have to hunt down the 6th near the end of the game

Funny you say that because Akhos and Patroka have the same base probability as Zenobia(.25) while Obrona, Sever, Cressidus, Perdido have a 0.5 base probablity, which depending on the group you're in, is the same as other rare blades if what the previous datamine is true