Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I haven't really been playing this for a little while, but it was still completely worth the price for me. I leveled up all three classes, did the story three times (on Mercury as well), and REALLY enjoyed the experience. I want the game to receive so much more love than it has been, but it was 100% for sure worth the price to me. I'm looking forward to jumping back in when the next DLC drops and running through it three more times.

edit: also, yeah, Vermintide 2 is really cool. I've only done the Farm twice, but man, what an experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I’ll be loud and vocal about the game’s faults but I’d be straight up lying if I didn’t admit that I’m 100% going to play the Mars X-Pac...

and I’ll be buying Destiny 3 at launch because Launch week was insanely fun for me

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

limaCAT posted:

Why did you buy this game?

the shooting felt good mang

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Once you have gear that lets you hit max power level you'll get blue drops from 325-330

So explain it to me like I am an idiot: you again need to raid a ton, trials a ton and get lucky with tons of 3oC before breaking that soft-cap, right?
And 335 still certifies that you are a supercool raiding dude, right?

I wonder what kind of crack are smoking on reddit and I really hope they sell their playstations and go buy Black Desert Online on PC if they want griiiiind to be harder.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

No. You literally never need to do PvP or Raid in order to hit 335. It will be easier, yes, but those are not required.

Do weekly milestones that reward you with Powerful Gear. Those will level your PL up.

There's also a site that tracks vendors who are giving out high level engrams. It rotates and isn't on a set schedule (I think), is kind of annoying to track, but that's another way you can capitalize on turn-ins for better gear.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

limaCAT posted:

So explain it to me like I am an idiot: you again need to raid a ton, trials a ton and get lucky with tons of 3oC before breaking that soft-cap, right?

I wonder what kind of crack are smoking on reddit and I really hope they sell their playstations and go buy Black Desert Online on PC if they want griiiiind to be harder.

You don't need to do any of that lol.
Just shoot a few dregs on Titan, corpse-run through a few strikes and lose a couple crucible matches and you too can be max level in no time.
it's going to take three months for the last piece you need

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

limaCAT posted:

It's a hard cap and you can technically hit it just from milestone rewards. It just takes forever because RNG and no dupe protection, have fun.

So yeah, 335 certifies nothing and if people on :reddit: are acting like it does, they're morons like people there tend to be.

That loot power system is really lovely because without hitting 335, even more of the regular loot is worthless all the time. Oh what, you mean your power level is 334.9? Well gently caress you buddy and enjoy your awesome 320-325 blues and 324/325 legendary engram rewards.

orcane fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 5, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

nickhimself posted:

There's also a site that tracks vendors who are giving out high level engrams. It rotates and isn't on a set schedule (I think), is kind of annoying to track, but that's another way you can capitalize on turn-ins for better gear.

Pretty sure this also only works if you're at 335 already (330 base level actually).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s a goon who never hit 335 despite playing at launch because they insisted on only waiting to buy 330 gear from vendors based on their secret rotation and slowly every other member of his clan hit 335 and he floundered in the 320’s insisting his way was better.

Here’s a sidebar: has anyone ever met a woman in this game? My Trials playgroup was almost all EU and we had one women from Denmark who played, mostly PvE, but since launch I haven’t played with a single American female.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

There were a few women who were raiding with Serious Overchill a while back.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Here’s a sidebar: has anyone ever met a woman in this game? My Trials playgroup was almost all EU and we had one women from Denmark who played, mostly PvE, but since launch I haven’t played with a single American female.

MET a WOMAN?????

I mean, I've played with a buncha chicks in my time with the game but I think they tend to be aware of weirdos trying to MEET a WOMAN in a fideo bame and have learned how to remain mostly elusive to the types who would describe it that way.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

orcane posted:

Pretty sure this also only works if you're at 335 already (330 base level actually).

Oh, welp there goes that idea then. I only ever checked the site like once or twice and that was maybe a month ago?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

cvnvcnv posted:

MET a WOMAN?????

I mean, I've played with a buncha chicks in my time with the game but I think they tend to be aware of weirdos trying to MEET a WOMAN in a fideo bame and have learned how to remain mostly elusive to the types who would describe it that way.

I don't mean dating you creep. I mean it the same I way I met all the cool goons in Hotdog, i didn't know them, we play together now, we met each other by playing the game. Yikes.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I don't mean dating you creep. I mean it the same I way I met all the cool goons in Hotdog, i didn't know them, we play together now, we met each other by playing the game. Yikes.

Creep? You're the one describing it as "meeting women," chico. As I was saying, they seem aware even of, "Gosh, it'd sure be nice to platonically play this game with a lady" types, as well.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s a goon who never hit 335 despite playing at launch because they insisted on only waiting to buy 330 gear from vendors based on their secret rotation and slowly every other member of his clan hit 335 and he floundered in the 320’s insisting his way was better.

We met some air force girl who plays this weekend at a bar in Austin, or something?! MY GIRLFRIEND and her friends have copies, just don’t play right now. One of my favorite raiding teams in D1 was my friend and his wife she was better than him

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

QuasiQuack posted:

You don't need to do any of that lol.
Just shoot a few dregs on Titan, corpse-run through a few strikes and lose a couple crucible matches and you too can be max level in no time.
it's going to take three months for the last piece you need
This is pretty much me. I never have time when anyone else is on so I've never done a raid or trials or done a group nightfall so basically I've completed no endgame content. (I've tried to solo nightfall but failed). I hit 335 by just doing all the solo milestones for powerful engrams each week. Do 3 raids for Zavala, do some non-competitive Crucible for Shaxx, do the public events Flashpoint for Cayde, those will also give you enough for a Clan powerful engram and a bright engram. It's kind of a slow rear end process and I wish they would make some new raids and new events.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

cvnvcnv posted:

Creep? You're the one describing it as "meeting women," chico. As I was saying, they seem aware even of, "Gosh, it'd sure be nice to platonically play this game with a lady" types, as well.

I asked if anyone had met a woman, dweeb, like a human. You're weird insistence otherwise is projecting. Everyone else answering my question normally is a good indicator of that. Thanks & Have a Pleasant Day.

Man, i'm so glad chat will be Opt-In

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I asked if anyone had met a woman, dweeb, like a human. You're weird insistence otherwise is projecting. Everyone else answering my question normally is a good indicator of that.

cvnvcnv posted:

I've played with a buncha chicks in my time with the game

You're genuinely retarded as gently caress, and that I answered the question first thing, phrased in a far more colloquiall manner, but you're too goddamned stupid to comprehend it is a good indicator of why you're having difficulty MEETING WOMEN.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
gently caress off cvn, you either knew what he meant or your two functional neurons are even less useful than i imagined

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

limaCAT posted:

Why did you buy this game?

A day ago I bought one of those dumb cranium Funko toys for the in-game emblem. Feels good, and will help tide me over until S03 provides more premium Eververse content for me to obtain with Silver.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Bust Rodd posted:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Moola posted:

but it turns out you can only get one guaranteed new exotic per week lol?

and there are a lot of players out there who think you shouldn’t even get that!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bust Rodd posted:

you suck

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
single american female is my favorite lenny kravitz song btw

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv posted:

fideo bame

Man gently caress a custom title I want to buy that hilarious bright red bloodtype-[ B ] emoji for the forums. In this thread alone I would have substituted it so many times

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 5, 2018

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

cvnvcnv posted:

A day ago I bought one of those dumb cranium Funko toys for the in-game emblem. Feels good, and will help tide me over until S03 provides more premium Eververse content for me to obtain with Silver.

Same but for Lineage 2 Revolution until Black Desert Mobile comes out.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

I've played with quite a few. I'm pretty sure they are a console exclusive.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Trip report; two more exotics, both dupes

Feels bad

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

:females:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a Scottish chick in the elite Trials PC community that actually isn't that good, but gets carried by all the good players because her accent is so sexy

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Waffle House posted:

We met some air force girl who plays this weekend at a bar in Austin, or something?! MY GIRLFRIEND and her friends have copies, just don’t play right now. One of my favorite raiding teams in D1 was my friend and his wife she was better than him

Yes I showed her Miranda's KD

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That guy sipping coffee at an outdoor desk/table with a banner saying

"Girls are bad at raids,
Prove me wrong"

Bone Krew had a girl but she quit after calling a black guy a hard-R n-word

She had a bird that was also racist, and black

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bone Krew had a girl but she quit after calling a black guy a hard-R n-word

She had a bird that was also racist, and black

There is a lot of Destiny Thread Arcana that we’ve built up over the years but this is actually maybe my favorite piece of it, even above dahbadu’s Hot Coder Wife

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

well that's rad but will also never happen again

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Another play session another dupe exotic!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Moola posted:

Another play session another dupe exotic!

This bot :justpost: a lot, but I guess that's what they do.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv posted:

This bot :justpost: a lot, but I guess that's what they do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ He may just be the guy I stole all my luck from somehow, and not a bot or sock if that's what you mean

If some of these people posting itt are bots or sock puppets, they're just bumping the thread a ton :v:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
legit part of the reason i stopped playing destiny 2 was because i got like 4 khepri's horns in a row

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Waffle House posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ He may just be the guy I stole all my luck from somehow, and not a bot or sock if that's what you mean

If some of these people posting itt are bots or sock puppets, they're just bumping the thread a ton :v:

give me my luck back you piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There's literally an issue with milestones giving the same exotic over and over again FYi

• Locked thread